1. The declining population... that reaches 5-6k+ consistently? Icecrown aside, Lordaeron has more population than our servers in other expansions put together. It's more than our old Wrath of the Lich King servers would have before the merge and core upgrade. Stable 5k is what most private servers wish they had on a daily basis. With Icecrown around and the release of Legion, it's natural that the population would lower as many people moved to those options.
    RDF would be great addition to this realm. Or transmog <3

2. Both would make pop skyrocket.Bring Lord to its former glory where p2w literally does not exist(in very very little scale ).

3. I don't think that the problem is that Lordaeron has 5-6k normally now. I think the reason why people are worried and asking for changes is because we don't know if the population decrease stop at 5-6k. It may decrease to 2k, and with a hardcore content like there is now, with a decreasing population it will just get worse and worse for the casuals.

Yes it is natural that the population would lower as many people have moved to Icecrown and Legion. Even tho, this decreasing population is too much. We are not talking about 10-20 %, we are talking about like 60 % of the servers population. Where will it stop, when? Will the server lose 80 %?
    I am not asking you to answer this, I am just telling you, this is a bit scary. I love the server, but I am afraid to invest more time to level up alts, because I do not know how long this server will last.

The server had already lost a lot of people before the release of Legion too.

I know the server may be ment for the more hardcore people, I have many times seen people saying that "casual go icecrown, hardcore go Lordaeron". If we live up to the idea, the server will decrease a lot more, and it will become a lot worse. (I am not saying you have said it, I just wanted to include the last part for others).

The only reason I see why the server would increase population again without any change, is when we get conquest emblems instead of heroism. Aka, people will get easier get and the instances will get easier, since we have better gear. Also new content always helps, but the top content will always be "gone" for most of the people.

All in all, I love this server, I just wish that the population will be stable or increase :)
    I think you are getting too stuck with percentages and ignoring actual quantities. The 12k population Lordaeron had wasn't "the norm." It was an absurdly high and unexpected amount. It's not what you see on private servers around at all, as I already said. The "dying population" of stable 5-6k players at peak hours is very high already. I guess people lost focus of what's a normal high population after the state Lordaeron was before people had other choices, and that's the actual problem.

4. Well it can be seen like this maybe also:
    Huge population on Lordaeron isnt that much important cuz there arent nearly donations like on Icecrown. So RDF on Icecrown with all other things will attract more people. More people there-more money from donations.

5. Well it can be seen like this maybe also:
    Huge population on Lordaeron isnt that much important cuz there arent nearly donations like on Icecrown. So RDF on Icecrown with all other things will attract more people. More people there-more money from donations.
    I guess if you want to completely ignore logic, common sense and any business sense, yeah, you can see it like that.
    If we wanted to make money we could be making a lot more, by changing very simple things. But conspiracy theories are no fun when you involve annoying things like brains and their use.

6. Well it can be seen like this maybe also:
    Except for the fact that it was stated the dungeon finder would not be applied to the realm BEFORE people flocked to it.

7. Top 5 reasons why Lordaeron population is going down.

1. Ulduar sucks, people want ICC content and wont be bothered to play and farm soon-to-be obselete gear until the final raids and dungeons are out.

2. Too hard for pugs to raid, bosses are too strong.

3. Legion has been released, more people want to try retail.

4. Spiral effect. Server got populare because it was populare, now people are leaving because people are leaving.

5. 1x rate, no RDF, no cosmetics etc puts new players off, even if the current majority (including me) enjoys these features.

Please note that Lordaeron 12k population was an insanely high population rate that simply could not be sustained.
    The server isnt dying, it has become normalized.
    Even 5k population is very above avarage for private servers. Lordaeron had an extremely intensive population boost upon launch, something the Warmane marketing team should pride themselves with.
    Edited: September 13, 2016

8. Top 5 reasons why Lordaeron population is going down.

1. Ulduar sucks, people want ICC content and wont be bothered to play and farm soon-to-be obselete gear until the final raids and dungeons are out.

2. Too hard for pugs to raid, bosses are too strong.

3. Legion has been released, more people want to try retail.

4. Spiral effect. Server got populare because it was populare, now people are leaving because people are leaving.

5. 1x rate, no RDF, no cosmetics etc puts new players off, even if the current majority (including me) enjoys these features.

Please note that Lordaeron 12k population was an insanely high population rate that simply could not be sustained.
    The server isnt dying, it has become normalized.
    Even 5k population is very above avarage for private servers. Lordaeron had an extremely intensive population boost upon launch, something the Warmane marketing team should pride themselves with.
    Well first of all, it was not marketing who got the players here, but it was players them selfs.

Second of all, ye it would be nice if the server would become stable at 5-6k and since from ToC PvP dont need that much pve i think even pop might get higger.

But there is the question. What will GM do to actually stable to server, after next Hype ? I think there will be beast mode for ToC ( full working, scripted and so on ), but i still dont know why all of the stuff from Lordareon and maybe whole Warmane forgetting PvPers? There could be a lot more going on if someone actually put brain in this, or just focus on some topics.

There could be pop 8k +- not 5-6k. Its a shame that there is no such a thing like 3v3 tournaments, ( i saw on some server that they limited 3v3, so people actually could que more. 3v3 were able only since some hours to some hours and in some days). And yes i think more casual players, actually play pvp then pve, so you could shut them up.

There could be pve for hardcore and pvp for casuals on same server.

9. How to kill Lordaeron:
    1. Increase Icecrown's player limit to 14-16k.
    2. Make a grave.
    3. Bury Lordaeron.
    Edited: September 13, 2016

10. why dont we take the overbuffed naxx and voa and return them to retail values

its a struggle to get gear to do ulduar when pugs that can clear naxx25 are rare

11. Lordaeron's prophecy™ [Still Lurking]

Although I am positively surprised on how the realm is still relatively highly populated, this remains my take on the subject in the long term. All the best.
    Edited: September 15, 2016

12. "Long term"? I thought it was "My ballpark estimation is that no more than 30-35% of the entire population of all four WotLK realms will remain stable playing in Lordaeron after the hype is gone and all the other realms (i.e., Deathwing, Ragnaros, Blackrock) have its game core improvements implemented (e.g., after 3-6 months of Lordaeron's release)"?

"Long term" must be a new way to say "I was wrong."

13. Place Your Bets!

"Long term"? I thought it was "My ballpark estimation is that no more than 30-35% of the entire population of all four WotLK realms will remain stable playing in Lordaeron after the hype is gone and all the other realms (i.e., Deathwing, Ragnaros, Blackrock) have its game core improvements implemented (e.g., after 3-6 months of Lordaeron's release)"?

"Long term" must be a new way to say "I was wrong."
    Hehe. I see that time passes [2 days to make it a year], but things remain the same in Warmane.

I really mean long term in the strict sense of the word. When the hype vanishes, if you are looking for alternative meanings to the phrase. Whether Lordaeron's prophecy™ is right or wrong, only time will tell. I still would not dare to bet against it, particularly after seeing the population trends [reason why I presume threads like this one exist].

Nonetheless, I am positively surprised on how well things developed for this realm, specially during its first half year of life, like I mentioned before in countless posts, due to its [IMHO] awful design decisions I was expecting much less population from the beginning. So congratulations to the Warmane team for that achievement!

Best wishes and the best of lucks!

14. The thing is the hype already vanished; the core improvements already spread to the rest of Wrath of the Lich King; the release happened much longer than 3 or even 6 months ago; even with the release of Legion, which you didn't account for, the population peak is stable at an average of 5.5k. Your "prophecy" failed. Pushing to add something as vague as "long term" (when your much more detailed "signs of doom" failed) to it is just denial of that.

15. The Numbers Speak Otherwise

The thing is the hype already vanished; the core improvements already spread to the rest of Wrath of the Lich King; the release happened much longer than 3 or even 6 months ago; even with the release of Legion, which you didn't account for, the population peak is stable at an average of 5.5k. Your "prophecy" failed. Pushing to add something as vague as "long term" (when your much more detailed "signs of doom" failed) to it is just denial of that.
    As you previously noted, Lordaeron's prophecy™, would be in a nutshell:

..."My ballpark estimation is that no more than 30-35% of the entire population of all four WotLK realms will remain stable playing in Lordaeron after the hype is gone and all the other realms (i.e., Deathwing, Ragnaros, Blackrock) have its game core improvements implemented (e.g., after 3-6 months of Lordaeron's release)"...

I just took this screenshot right now to stress with an example the numbers behind this statement (i.e., you know... 3x4.2k < 12.8k, and that is not even considering the +- 0.5-1k from Blackrock). I really do not see that as a failed estimation. ^^

IMHO, It was really to be expected after the hype phase vanished, to be honest. However, 4.2-5k hardcore players is not bad at all and has the positive trade-off of not having queues in Lordaeron, so it is not entirely negative. I would not worry about Legion, or other future expansions, I believe the players of Warmane and all similar private servers seek something Retail can not provide.

Either way, it was nice talking to you again after so long. Take care!

First ... 3456 Last