1. I just took this screenshot right now to stress with an example the numbers behind this statement (i.e., you know... 3x4.2k < 12.8k, and that is not even considering the +- 0.5-1k from Blackrock). I really do not see that as a failed estimation. ^^
    So your "prophecy" is valid only "long term" and at chosen times? Why do it now, why not wait for late night, at the bottom of the population? That would really increase your credibility so much more. Are there some other hidden conditionals for the "prophecy"? Maybe we should just stick to "isolated moments when it fits" for simplicity's sake?

2. Top 5 reasons why Lordaeron population is going down.

2. Too hard for pugs to raid, bosses are too strong.
    5. 1x rate, no RDF, no cosmetics etc puts new players off, even if the current majority (including me) enjoys these features.
    Pugs aren't supposed to clear current higher bosses as far as I've heard...
    RDF yes but not before ICC release. And devs said they probably won't add it ever, so, rip

3. It's Just the Population Trend [No Hidden Conditionals]

So your "prophecy" is valid only "long term" and at chosen times? Why do it now, why not wait for late night, at the bottom of the population? That would really increase your credibility so much more. Are there some other hidden conditionals for the "prophecy"? Maybe we should just stick to "isolated moments when it fits" for simplicity's sake?
    It seems the population trends of the realms really favor these numbers. No hidden conditionals.

Bare in mind that the 30-35% from the Lordaeron's prophecy™ is just a ballpark (i.e., very rough) estimate. Nonetheless, I could support further this estimation with a broader example taking today's population fluctuations [available in the Information tab] into account:

- 36.25% of WoTLK Min. Population: Lord. 1.45k + Ice. 3.85k + Black. 0.15k = Lord. 1.45k + Others 4k
    - 36.4% of WoTLK Max Population: Lord. 5.5k + Ice. 14.3k (12k + 2.3k) + Black 0.8k = Lord. 5.5k + Others 15.1k
    - 36.3% of WoTLK Population in Average

Considering this and the previous examples as well the fact that the population of Lordaeron has been in consistent decline for months [reason why threads like the present one pop-up], I would not be surprised to have 30-35%, as estimated by the Lordaeron's prophecy™, any time soon. In the meantime, IMHO, 30-35% and 36.3% are close enough to consider the original ballpark estimation quite accurate. Would you not agree?

It could be quite interesting to see how this daily fluctuations in the population change weekly or even monthly during an entire year. Would you post a graph with such data to enrich this thread?

In any case, like I mentioned before, even 30-35% of the total WoTLK population of Warmane is not a low number for a private server's realm, and has its positive side effects as well, so no need to panic. Best wishes!
    Edited: September 13, 2016

4. And devs said they probably won't add it ever, so, rip
    As they shouldn't. It may be viewed as a niche playerbase, but it's a good amount of players. I've been playing private servers for about 2 years now. Take it for what it's worth, but I've had the most fun playing on Lordaeron than any other private server largely due to the fact that it's very hard to pug raids. Building relationships within a guild and running the raids with the guild adds a lot of enjoyment to the game. Something that RDF takes away. If we have less players because of this, so be it.

Keep on.

5. ballpark estimation
    Ballpark estimation prophecy, using 24 hours of data, during Legion release time. Much prophecy, such wow.
    Why don't you make a prophecy that "WARMANE WILL CLOSE!!!11!!!..................................... ........................................... some day"?
    It would save you all the wiggling and squirming of trying to pick and choose and add "if you turn it this way, cut off that leg, glue these numbers and are drunk" prerequisites to make it like you somewhat might have had guesstimated something.

6. What the heck is this?

Ballpark estimation prophecy, using 24 hours of data, during Legion release time. Much prophecy, such wow.
    Why don't you make a prophecy that "WARMANE WILL CLOSE!!!11!!!..................................... ........................................... some day"?
    It would save you all the wiggling and squirming of trying to pick and choose and add "if you turn it this way, cut off that leg, glue these numbers and are drunk" prerequisites to make it like you somewhat might have had guesstimated something.
    At least FiveBoosters had a logical explanation/argument.

I don't believe Warmane will close any time soon. But eventually the playerbase would fall off I would guess; it's how *all* games work.. even then it still may run and be active with a small playerbase.. however Warmane will most certainly not run forever.

Though I must say, I enjoy Warmane WoW enough to not want to make a "prophecy of doom" about it. Why be so negative with guessing when the end will be? Enjoy it while it exists.

7. What the heck is this?

At least FiveBoosters had a logical explanation/argument.

I don't believe Warmane will close any time soon. But eventually the playerbase would fall off I would guess; it's how *all* games work.. even then it still may run and be active with a small playerbase.. however Warmane will most certainly not run forever.

Though I must say, I enjoy Warmane WoW enough to not want to make a "prophecy of doom" about it. Why be so negative with guessing when the end will be? Enjoy it while it exists.
    The only conclusion I can reach is you just didn't read.

8. Ballpark estimation prophecy, using 24 hours of data, during Legion release time. Much prophecy, such wow.
    Amen.

Yall *****ing how the population is going down, Warmanes dying bla bla bla bla bla. Warmane had its ups and downs. We are currently in the down phase since its quite simple, school started + Legion and still realms are going strong as ****.

Currently there is

Icecrown (12000+138 in queue) + Lord 4105 + blackrock 572 + Neltharion 982 + Warsong 73 (rip :( ) + Frostwolf 2217 which leads us to total of 20087 players online.

Now dont get me wrong, I fully understand that population was higher during previous months but DAMN these are high numbers. 20,000 people across 6 realms on a PRIVATE server during Legion release + School.

You can do all math you want but eventually you will just understand 1 thing which is:
    Warmane is going strong + Instead of doing all that math and breaking your head against the wall, pointing fingers at people telling them they ruined the server, you should go outside and have some fun.

All in all, Obnoxious got my point.

And to all motha****as that are sitting here, telling Warmane how they "suck" and ****, well yall motha****as gotta realize that this is their server, they can do whatever the **** they want. If they wanna close the server down or limit the population cap to 1000 players on realms and play by themself its their choice and we can just sit back and watch.

Yall gotta at least thank these motha****as for going strong for like 6-7 years now? Maintaining the server, adding new content etc. etc. etc. Yall just know how to sit and point fingers at others and ***** about stuff.

I got a message to tell yall motha****as that constantly QQ (If I get a forum infraction for this ill completly understand): Instead of being a lil **** and spamming the **** outta forums about how Warmane's dying and ****, go in game and play. Dont be a lil whining ****, but just get into the game and PLAY. If Warmane is dying and ****, I wonder why I still have to wait queue to join Icecrown.

Regarding Lordareon, I aint gonna comment, I think I got my message across.

RIP English, wrote this after 28h of being awake.

9. Amen.

Yall *****ing how the population is going down, Warmanes dying bla bla bla bla bla. Warmane had its ups and downs. We are currently in the down phase since its quite simple, school started + Legion and still realms are going strong as ****.
    I love the server, and I only want it to be the best. But you should not really blame school for being the reason why the server has lost so many people. Before the summer holidays people said people had a break from gaming. I don't know what to belive, lol.

Seems to me that people are saying that people leave when it is holidays and school.

Legion came out, yes thats one good reason tho. I really hope and are looking forward to 21. september with the TOC release. I hope people enjoy the server more when it becomes easier to get gear since you will get conquest and not heroism then in dungeons:)

10. I've been long away from the forum but i tell you this:
    1 - True, the population has been decreasing the past months. My opinion is: ppl cant get used to x1 leveling and no RDF situation. I kinda liked it, since we have to walk there and gives us more things to do, although imnot used myself.
    2 - Lordareon isnt full released. Once ppl see that lord has icc, fully inscripted, working as it should, these numbers will increase. If i remember correctly, at first there will be no buff and it will increase over time. Well why not?

The thing is: im playing it, will continue playing it and FOR THE HORDE :)

11. I love the server, and I only want it to be the best. But you should not really blame school for being the reason why the server has lost so many people. Before the summer holidays people said people had a break from gaming. I don't know what to belive, lol.

Seems to me that people are saying that people leave when it is holidays and school.

Legion came out, yes thats one good reason tho. I really hope and are looking forward to 21. september with the TOC release. I hope people enjoy the server more when it becomes easier to get gear since you will get conquest and not heroism then in dungeons:)
    To be quite honest, I find that when people make an excuse such as holidays for such a topic, its quite ******ed. I mean, holidays are and always will be best time for gaming. Not just on warmane, but on every single game. When holidays start, kids are free, not many people spend their vacations full 2-3 months not playing etc, its mostly,inactivity 2-3 weeks max. But school is indeed a big reason why population drops, but only at start, after a month or two it will go up im sure in it. Regarding lordareons population, it will go up slightly once TOC etc. is released, probably when the full stuff is released (including ICC etc) we can expect like 7-8k pop at peak times for 2-3 months and then it will drop back to 4-5k.

Also lets not forget that when Lordareon was released, that hardcore progression server was shut down by blizzard (I forgot its name) and lots of people moved onto Lord just because of it. Hype on Lord is gone at the moment but it will be back.

For the Loch Mogan! :)

12. Summer- people are on vacation, they dont play WOW now...

Autumn-school, one more reason for population drop

Lol, when people play wow, never?

13. The only conclusion I can reach is you just didn't read.
    I've read you two guys entire conversation in this thread. The only thing that I can tell is that Booster is waiting for and calculating the day of demise (with his own personal statistics of course).

And you aren't giving any legitimate responses to anything; you're being sarcastic and neglecting everything said. Your last comment made that very clear :3

14. The only conclusion I can reach is you just didn't read.
    Make that "didn't pay attention," "don't understand English," "he's my friend so I'll back him up" or whatever would be the excuse then.
    Although, considering you say he's "calculating the day of demise" - and that's the only thing you can tell - when he's actually talking about a population drop, it might be a mix of all that with my original conclusion?

First ... 456