1. May 12, 2020  
    It really depends upon the different factors and they are as follow:
    1) Number of Mobs.
    2) Time of Mobs they stay alive.
    3) Encounter of Boss.
    If you are asking for trash mobs packs or dungeons then instant posion on your slow main hand is way to go.
    But incase you are talking about specific boss encounter then understanding of your class role is must.
    FOK comes into rogue playstyle in two encounters only, which is LOD and RS25 HC.
    Lets talk about LOD:
    In LOD fight as rogue your main role as melee dps is single target damage dealer. But ofc FOK comes as additional support. So as rogue your main job is single target dmg on LK while your secondary target valks. It also includes the raid comp. If you are having 2-3 fwarrs+2 Ret palas. Then stick with deadly poison on your OH and stick on LK while doin fok for valks. But if raid setup is scuffed then you can go with instant and fully switch your targets.
    I myself have over 1 million damage on valks doin like this.
    Now RS 25 HC:
    In this encounter your main role is tricks of the trade small adds then damage on boss comes in prior.
    The prior is TOT Tank small adds>>Damage on Boss.
    And also to be noted the small adds doesnt stay alive for much time. So the best deal here is go with instant poison on slow OH.

Tho people might differ to my opnion. But i have pulled decent numbers with my playstyle :)

2. May 12, 2020  
    well i asked if u are under crit cap,and i think if u are about 45-50% its very close to berseking

3. May 13, 2020  
    The macro you posted is incorrect.
    Inorder to calculate the White Hit Crit Cap for rogue.
    Out of total 100%
    24% of your attacks will be glancing hits.
    4.8% will convert into hit because of crit suppression mechanics.
    To make it in maths it becomes
    100%-24-4.8=71.1%.
    Now remember till this point miss chance hasnt been included in it.
    So 71.1% - Miss chance you have right now=White Hit Crit Cap.
    White hit cap is 27%. Through that you can calculate the your miss chance you are having. You can also add up daranei hit as well if you want. I would say you should, because in raid usually you have racial hit as well.
    This macro works as well:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage ("Your crit cap for white attacks is "..(0.712-(214-GetCombatRating(24))*0.000305-(722-GetCombatRating(6))*0.000305)*100)
    If you want to include heroic presence, add 0.01 somewhere in the equation. On second thought just subtract 33 (or 32.79 if you want it more accurate) from the 722 if you want to include heroic presence. While 0.01 does work mostly, if you happen to be hit and expertise capped it will give you a false number. Also you need to adjust the 214 and the 722 figure if you are not 5/5 Precision and 0/2 Weapon Expertise.
    Courtsey: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Cap-FAQ/page2
    Feel free to read that forum, i suggest every new rogue. You will end up learning new theorycrafting stuff regarding rogues. I did myself as well.
    The macro is incorrect yes, however, you're incorrect too.
    Let's assume u're expertise capped because you should be, white crit cap will be:
    WCC=100 - 27% (base miss chance) - 24% (glancing blows) + 4,8% (Crit supp.) + hit% + 5%(precision) - 3%(heart of crusader)
    = 55,8 + hit_rating%
    This is during full buffs (gbok, gift of the wild, horn of winter, leader of the pack), 1% from draeni not included.

To clear common misconception, crit suppresion INCREASES your cap, it doesn't decrease it.

If u want to calculate your crit cap outside of raid without any buffs, just based on your character info, use following formula:

WCC=50,8 + hit% - (Agility*0,1 + 226,6)/83,116 -> This would show how much your crit in CHARACTER INFO should be w/0 any buffs in order to be crit capped in raid.

Courtesy: me ..
    Edited: May 13, 2020

4. May 13, 2020  
    The macro you posted is incorrect.
    Inorder to calculate the White Hit Crit Cap for rogue.
    Out of total 100%
    24% of your attacks will be glancing hits.
    100%-24-4.8=71.1%.
    Now remember till this point miss chance hasnt been included in it.
    So 71.1% - Miss chance you have right now=White Hit Crit Cap.
    White hit cap is 27%. Through that you can calculate the your miss chance you are having. You can also add up daranei hit as well if you want. I would say you should, because in raid usually you have racial hit as well.
    This macro works as well:
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage ("Your crit cap for white attacks is "..(0.712-(214-GetCombatRating(24))*0.000305-(722-GetCombatRating(6))*0.000305)*100)
    If you want to include heroic presence, add 0.01 somewhere in the equation. On second thought just subtract 33 (or 32.79 if you want it more accurate) from the 722 if you want to include heroic presence. While 0.01 does work mostly, if you happen to be hit and expertise capped it will give you a false number. Also you need to adjust the 214 and the 722 figure if you are not 5/5 Precision and 0/2 Weapon Expertise.
    Courtsey: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Cap-FAQ/page2
    Feel free to read that forum, i suggest every new rogue. You will end up learning new theorycrafting stuff regarding rogues. I did myself as well.
    They are both correct and wrong in at the same time. It really depends on how you intrepet it.
    Also I did read that thread.

also will update the 2set bis list or rather tweak it later today... so that the "sim cult" will be at peace
    Edited: May 13, 2020

5. May 13, 2020  
    100%-24-4.8=71.1%.
    This is the second poster in a while that's brought up this misconception. Crit cap doesn't work like that. The post you linked is outdated and wrong.

6. May 13, 2020  
    well i asked if u are under crit cap,and i think if u are about 45-50% its very close to berseking
    Berserking will benefit you more there than mongoose.

7. May 16, 2020  
    Updated. Some cleanup and added some pics showing 2set vs 4set. So that should answer the question which one is better. (I get asked that alot in game well see it for yourself).
    The frist 2 pictures I use 4set. The next two I use 2 set.
    RNG was okay, we did 1000 auto hits then stopped.
    We had all the buffs and dummy had all the debuffs that are beneficial to us. (That's the reason for the 14k+ DPS.) Could apply 30% buff but didn't bother.

Edited: May 16, 2020

8. May 16, 2020  
    In addition to Fluffy's comment, we did many many tests and spent hours on it, testing the accuracy of Simulation softwares. Not sure about other classes, but sims for rogues are not accurate. They can be used to give you a frame, an idea of what stats you should pursue but nothing more than that. We even brought other people to test it with us to avoid any 'performance' issues and we swaped sets. Results were always the same.. + - 50 dps on long steady fights, while sims showed 400 dps difference in favor of 4 set if I remember the number correctly (don't quote me on that).

My opinion only: going 4 set rupture spec is a bit of waste. With those 4set procs, u'd be pushing for more eviscerates than in 2set which favors eviscerate spec much better. This is also one more reason to go 4+cp Evis instead of 5cp evis only. More finishers -> more procs -> more combo points gained -> even more finishers. (Correct if I'm wrong)
    For Rup spec I'd always go 2 set simply cause it has more consistent output and i don't need to worry about clipping combo points, those procs would be used for some extra evis that unspecced won't do much damage anyway especially when it doesn't crit.

9. May 16, 2020  
    I heard that dummy testing is bad for the game and that it leads to spreading misinformation on the forums and is what bad players do...

10. May 17, 2020  
    @Fluffyinsect
    May I ask what glyphs you used during testing? Rupture or ToT? Secondly, I am curious which you would recommend running an evis spec with, 2 pc set or 4 pc set? I personally am running 2 pc (currently just bracers and shoulders away from BiS) with rupture spec but just always wondered how the end results really compared with rupture vs evis builds. I'm quite happy with my dps but I see most people going the evis route. Typically I'm beating them out but I also question the skill level of many pug rogues out there. However, I've noticed you go evis spec, which I know you've stated your reasonings for in the past. Just curious on your thoughts of how you think each compare after all this time.

Armoy: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

PS - Thank you for all the great content and the continued updates.

11. May 17, 2020  
    @Fluffyinsect
    May I ask what glyphs you used during testing? Rupture or ToT? Secondly, I am curious which you would recommend running an evis spec with, 2 pc set or 4 pc set? I personally am running 2 pc (currently just bracers and shoulders away from BiS) with rupture spec but just always wondered how the end results really compared with rupture vs evis builds. I'm quite happy with my dps but I see most people going the evis route. Typically I'm beating them out but I also question the skill level of many pug rogues out there. However, I've noticed you go evis spec, which I know you've stated your reasonings for in the past. Just curious on your thoughts of how you think each compare after all this time.

Armoy: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary

PS - Thank you for all the great content and the continued updates.
    We went KS, TotT and SS, with Rupture talents on 2pc and 4pc. As of why, because Evi spec underpeforms w/o the glyph and as I explained in the guide, no crits no bueno with Eviscerate.
    My thoughts didnt change.
    Edited: May 17, 2020

12. May 21, 2020  
    Going with Umbrage means you have lots of haste and idk how it works with dummy. In any case, none of you is mentioning the fact that 2p will always outperform 4 set on heavy aoe bosses like Lod or Halion, and thats what matters the most.

13. May 21, 2020  
    Going with Umbrage means you have lots of haste and idk how it works with dummy. In any case, none of you is mentioning the fact that 2p will always outperform 4 set on heavy aoe bosses like Lod or Halion, and thats what matters the most.
    Enlighten me how it will "always" outperform?

14. May 22, 2020  
    The debate between 2p vs 4p rogue is depends on two factors, first one is spec and second one RNG.
    2p set favours both spec rupture and evi while 4p favours evi more than rupture.
    And now second factor is RNG. With 4pc set you are playin with rng alot, its just like ret pala divine storms rng. If you get good rng you will outperform if not it will be similar to 2pc.
    Tho 4pc imo aint that ideal to play for halion or LOD, due to various factors. If you want i can shred light on those.
    But all in all it vary from player to player on their playstyle. Some would go with 2pc nd some would with 4pc. The difference between them aint that much that you would go for specific set.

15. May 22, 2020  
    Enlighten me how it will "always" outperform?
    Fluffy and other fellow rogues, recently anyone noticed nerfed damage as rogue espeically from instant poison.
    Mind share your feedback if you felt some nerfed dmg or not.

First ... 182627282930 ... Last