1. If u equip a VDW 1.4 Dagger in offhand instead of Gunship Axe u lose 0.05 sec on ur offhand swing, which will basicly make every 15th an extra off hand swing (Axe: 0.74 vs Dagger: 0.69 attack speed).

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#f0eb0tLZMtV0bcxqru0xRt

Goin this talent build, at BIS ofc, u could with eaz maintain 100% uptime on both Rupture and S&D.
    With Mongose on offhand, beeing up almost all the time, with that 2% extra hit on dagger, u could soft cap the offhand swings (65% raid buffed + 3% from ret + 2% from talents + 2.xx% from Mongose).

@Fluffybully, could this be a viable item build? I know u lose Hack and Slash on offhand swings, but u basicly trade 5% rng for 100% extra hit with 2% more chance on crit... Thats atleast how i see it. Maybe im wrong? :D

Edit: Also, why do u feel the need to cap expertise? From how i see it, since u get the energy back, both feral and rogue dont need that expertise cap, 22 should be fine enough... I know ur white swings miss and u dont get them back but its like 1-2% of overall hits. Thanks.
    Edited: November 27, 2016

2. the reason people h&s over cqc is crit cap

3. If u equip a VDW 1.4 Dagger in offhand instead of Gunship Axe u lose 0.05 sec on ur offhand swing, which will basicly make every 15th an extra off hand swing (Axe: 0.74 vs Dagger: 0.69 attack speed).

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#f0eb0tLZMtV0bcxqru0xRt

Goin this talent build, at BIS ofc, u could with eaz maintain 100% uptime on both Rupture and S&D.
    With Mongose on offhand, beeing up almost all the time, with that 2% extra hit on dagger, u could soft cap the offhand swings (65% raid buffed + 3% from ret + 2% from talents + 2.xx% from Mongose).

@Fluffybully, could this be a viable item build? I know u lose Hack and Slash on offhand swings, but u basicly trade 5% rng for 100% extra hit with 2% more chance on crit... Thats atleast how i see it. Maybe im wrong? :D

Edit: Also, why do u feel the need to cap expertise? From how i see it, since u get the energy back, both feral and rogue dont need that expertise cap, 22 should be fine enough... I know ur white swings miss and u dont get them back but its like 1-2% of overall hits. Thanks.
    VDW dagger doesn't give 2% extra hit. And as sela said crit cap is the reason. Then you lose a lot of H&S hits from your OH(H&S hits deal dmg off MH wep).
    For expertise combat rogues dun get back energy on missed abilities. That 1-2% can be a lot on 3+min fights.

So no you're wrong and dis build is wrong as well.

4. 2% extra crit* My bad...

Didnt know that the hit from offhand procs the main hand dmg (H&S)... Whenever i look at recount to see rogue dmg done, it was always 150-450 dmg done by H&S, so i always tought its just an extra attack, from whatever attack/ability it proced from. Thanks. And i also didnt know that u can reach that soft crit cap, especialy if supression is working, dont u need arround 70-72% crit for that as a rogue?

If u miss an attack, or ur attack gets dodged/parryed, u dont lose energy, u lose it but u get it back instanty, u lose a GCD tho. Same goes for feral cat, and u can see something similar on DKs aswell. Whenever ur ability gets dodged u get a bit slower gcd than ussual and u get ur runes/runic power back by the end of that gcd so u can repeat that ability. For FDK u cant afford sometimes cos of the small window in which u have to pestilence to refresh diseases, but UHDK doesnt need expertise cos it can afford that 1 dodge per rotation since it has 1 free gcd rougly every 20sec...

5. Firstly rogue =/= DK.

If u'd read my guide, u would know that the crit cap is 100-24-miss chance - dodge chance - 4,8(crit conversion to hit/miss)

Combat rogue doesn't gain energy back from missed, dodged, parried or blocked abilities. It's a thing that mutilate rogues have not combat ones.(Check talents and read them)
    Getting a Sinister Strike dodged,missed or parried is actually a big deal when u play the rogue as I do. I go plenty of times on 1-2 Sinister Strike Slice and Dice so, if that one would be rip my dps would go rip real hard as i'd have SnD drop time.

6. Firstly, that was not my point, the point is that there is a similar interaction btwn the resources they use.

Secondly, I read what u said about the crit cap and i know how it works, u have almost the same explanation on wowwiki about it...

Its 100 + 4.8 (if u are fighting a boss, aka target that is 3 lvls higher than u) - 24 glancing - 21 hit - 6.5 dodge - 14 parry (if u are not standing behind the target) = X (the amount of hits u will do), if X is the same nuber as ur crit chance u are soft capped, meaning ur white hits wont ever do normal dmg.
    If u cap expertise and stand behind the target and get 12% spell hit, which is arround 9.6% melee hit + 5% from talent end result will be:
    100 + 4.8 - 24 - 6.4 = 74.4

I just missed a lot of attacks on a dummy as naked fresh lvl 80 rogue and i did lose only 5-10 energy per Sinister Strike which i basicly got back by the end of that GCD so u could say u dont lose any energy at all. Idk if its a bug or something but yea, its how it is. U could say that u get 80% of energy back if u miss an ability (finishing moves not included). And the talent u refered to in muti tree is only about finishing moves (Quick Recovery). I didnt just come here as a clueless mongol droping some random ****... But i guess it was wrong to pop a suggestion here, and simply ask if something else might work. God forbid.

Thank you for ur time, best of luck.

7. 27 hit :p. I know it's 104,8% the crit part. But The 4,8% crit gets ripped so u kinda shoulda count it as a minus. Like the ret +3% crit talent covers a bit of the crit depression/conversion.

U lose 20% of the energy. It doesn't look much but it's still something ya know.

And i dun mind suggestions lol
    Edited: November 29, 2016

8. Expertise Fixed now u need 26/26
    if im human using for example mace, i can end up with expertise like 29/26 or 31/26. What does it exatly means? do i have to have over 26 in both numbers or just with the first one? like 26/x or x/26 or 26/26?

sorry for confusing question ^^

9. if im human using for example mace, i can end up with expertise like 29/26 or 31/26. What does it exatly means? do i have to have over 26 in both numbers or just with the first one? like 26/x or x/26 or 26/26?

sorry for confusing question ^^
    26/26. 26 for main hand 26 for off hand. Having idk am 15/26 means your MH hits + special abilities'll have a chance to be dodged, while off hand hits won't be dodged.

10. Would you sacrifice 100 arp (arround 8%) from 98 back to 91% to use the 4x set bonus, or should keep going 2x set till i get more 277hc items?

11. I wouldn't go 4set in your case. I think u lose around 4-5% DPS by dropping 7% arp.

12. So when its a good time for change from 2 set to 4set?

13. So when its a good time for change from 2 set to 4set?
    I'd say when u're more or less BiS.

14. Update:
    Regarding expertise. Atm u need more than 26/26 to be dodge capped. I don't know the exact numbers, but I do know that u need even more than 27/27, as I got dat much and am getting dodges now and then.

22/22 is a no-go for sure.

First ... 67891018 ... Last