1. ARP stacking vs Resillence stacking?

Any highly experienced rogue could give an answer to this question?

Should you Resilence stack like some top 3v3 rogues on the server - makes sense because everyone has BIS gear, BIS pve trinkets and Shadowmourne.

or

Should you ARP stack like most guides advise - also makes sense since 60% of the server is either ret pala or arms warrior or DK, plate wearers obviously.

2. In my experience arpen works very well against cloth/leather and does almost nothing against plate.

3. In my experience arpen works very well against cloth/leather and does almost nothing against plate.
    So is Resilence stacking just some thing for arenas, or is it actually better than ARP for overall arena/bg/wpvp gameplay since there is so much BIS/Shadowmourne people?

4. I think it makes more sense to have both sets, arpen and resi, and switch depending on your enemy. When you get arpen capped you will wipe the floor with clothies. But if you don't have more than enough resi against a well geared warrior they will wipe the floor with you.

But with my message I wanted to make it clear that arpen doesn't work as well as it sounds - "stacking arpen" sounds like it will eliminate a substantial amount of armor from your enemies which couldn't be further from the truth in the case of plates. Even if you get arpen capped you will see it doesn't make as much of a difference as you probably expect.

5. I think it makes more sense to have both sets, arpen and resi, and switch depending on your enemy. When you get arpen capped you will wipe the floor with clothies. But if you don't have more than enough resi against a well geared warrior they will wipe the floor with you.

But with my message I wanted to make it clear that arpen doesn't work as well as it sounds - "stacking arpen" sounds like it will eliminate a substantial amount of armor from your enemies which couldn't be further from the truth in the case of plates. Even if you get arpen capped you will see it doesn't make as much of a difference as you probably expect.
    From what I see top rogues on wotlk retail also stack Resilience, so there must be something to it

6. 3vs3 is misleading. take a look at the 2vs2 ladder instead. top rogues have a mix of res and arp. about 1k res + 50% arp. full arp is no good since you will miss cheapshot/blind occasionally, or just take some ranged/aoe dmg no one is perfect. full rez is no good either, you lack too much agility on those pvp pieces.

7. 4 Weeks Ago  
    you're exactly right. offset pvp are lower itemlevel than HC pve gear. they have also less agility. thus you should stick to mainset pvp gear only and take everything else pve hc. resilience gems are fine.

8. 4 Weeks Ago  
    In my experience arpen works very well against cloth/leather and does almost nothing against plate.

It should be the contrary. Arpen conter armor. If it's the case then there is a matter.

9. 4 Weeks Ago  
    More about arpen: https://breezewiki.com/wowwiki-archi...m_Ghostcrawler

tldr the formula for arpen is: arpen = armor-(arpen/100)*MIN(armor, (armor+15232.5)/3)

arpen% is applied not to the entire armor pool but up to a certain limit, which you can call armorcap = (935/6)*80 + armor/3 - 44335/6. If armorcap is higher than armor (occurs in players with low armor amounts), then arpen% is applied to armor.

For example, a plate player with 15000 armor has an armorcap of 10077.5. That means arpen can only penetrate up to 10077.5 of his armor. If you had 100% arpen you would turn that part into 0 but the rest, 15000 - 10077.5 = 4922.5 would still be there.

On the other hand a cloth player with 2500 armor has an armorcap of 5910.8. 100% arpen takes 2500 armor from him, leaving him with 0 armor.