1. That's BigWigs (boss addon) xD. If you want something similar for the ones you mentioned, then you should use ElvUI/Weakauras/Powerauras/Needtoknow/Ora3

Added thanks.
    I use your UI!

2. Okay... so.. what's the problem then?

3. Okay... so.. what's the problem then?
    I just want to say thank you for your guide and UI! Ill test it and say if i got problems with your UI! : )

4. Hello,this is my rogue atm: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary
    I have Ickfirus HC and Gangrenous Leggings normal,with access to the following trinkets:Herkuml War Token,Comet's Trail,Banner of Victory,and the currently equipped ones(no DBW/STS/DC/WFS yet sadly).
    Would it be a dps increase to switch to 2pc and a combination of those trinkets(i'm thinking of HWT+CT mostly),or should i stick to my current setup?
    Currently doing 14-15k on DBS/Fester 25.I'm using arp food and Flask of Endless Rage,double haste pots and will change professions to Engineering+JC.

5. Newbie here looking to get into rogue and just looking for some opinions / clarification after reading the guide.

2pc and 4pc are apparently on par with each other in terms of dps, yet seems like 4pc can pull ahead slightly if RNG is on your side. I'm personally leaning towards 2pc route as it's easier to obtain / less RNG dependent.

With that said, the 2pc route gives you higher hit rating thus putting you closer to the white dmg hit cap. With this in mind would it be better to go Troll for the haste cd for some more auto attacks with the cd active or Orc for the zerking cd to make those attacks hit slightly harder along with the extra expertise; although it seems the expertise wouldn't be as valued with the 2pc set due to it giving more expertise compared to 4pc. I know Darkenedhue covered this in earlier but I wanted to bring it up again in terms of the 2pc gear set up. I'm currently seeing a lot of top end horde rogues run troll with 2pc gear set up so I'm curious if this is the BiS race + gear setup for horde players.

P.S. I also see you no longer have rupture spec on your rogue. Have any recent bug fixes made evis spec better than rupture or are you just playing evis all the time for the lulz? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the wall of text.

6. The 2pc and 4pc have equal amounts of Expertise. Remember that the tier legs have the same expertise on them as the GSB chest. Your choice of race shouldn't really hinge on whether you're running with the 2pc or 4pc.

Rupture was never bugged in a way so significant that a fix would've rendered it no longer worth using. Ever since patch 3.3.3 when Rupture's ticks were made to have a chance to crit, it's been your best finisher (assuming there's a Feral Druid in your raid). I can't speak much as to whether anything has actually changed.

Some other thoughts on the 2p vs 4p:
    4p:
    - Marginally higher spreadsheet DPS.
    - Higher potential DPS in the event of an RNG upswing.

2p:
    - Less dependent on crit, so if you're on an encounter where the enemies aren't necessarily always below you in terms of % HP, you lose a tad less DPS because the more crit-heavy 4p build is more reliant on the Prey on the Weak talent.
    - Less dependent on you maintaining a single target DPS rotation. In the event that your single target rotation of constantly building and expending Combo Points is paused, like say when you happen to be FoKing for an extended period instead (this notably happens on both LK and Halion), the 4p loses some of its value because of the lull in Combo Point generation. As to whether the increased Crit on its own can actually outweigh the benefit from the 2p's increased Hit chance in its contribution to the overall FoK damage remains to be determined.

Min-max issues of the nature you brought up are usually best handled consulting a spreadsheet, so I'd strongly suggest using the one in the guide as an aid to your gearing/gemming decisions.
    Edited: February 27, 2018

7. Ey guys, quick question what would be the best talent build/glyphs for a 2p t10 6.430 gs combat rogue? Quick stats: 400 hit, 1403 arp, 48.29 crit, 25 exp unbuffed. 4 items to replace from becoming bis: Tosk nm, 2p t10 nm, stakethrower 10hc, scarlet cloak.

Ive been pretty much full rupture so far when there is a feral and used the full eviscerate talent build with evi glyph for anything else. ive dicked around a bit with the balanced evi/rupture damage build with rupture glyph but i cant get in alot of evis or not as much as i want to.

any help would be appreciated

8. DPS spreadsheets were conceived precisely to answer that kind of question.

Glyphing and talenting your Rupture will always produce the best single-target DPS results regardless of your gear. Whether you Rupture often enough for it to be worth it or not is a judgement call you have to make (on certain fights, you might Rupture less than normal due to factors like adds dying too quick, having to expend energy on things like FoK instead, or you might be attacking a target with the bleed debuff on it, etc).

Eviscerate glyph is weak. Glyph of Tricks of the Trade would be a better utility and DPS investment.

9. This is a very well written guide.
    Thank you so much.

/Zkyla

10. i want to know at bis gear is full evi rotation better than low rupture cycle?i always seem to do more with full evi .i was once in this end game guid and got guild kick for using rupture with bis gear
    so i really dunno a definitive answer would be appreciated

11. It has been answered a couple of comments above, as well as in the guide itself.

I highlighted the direct answer to your question, but I suggest you read all of the quotes and the guide itself, as they may be relevant.

DPS spreadsheets were conceived precisely to answer that kind of question.

Glyphing and talenting your Rupture will always produce the best single-target DPS results regardless of your gear.

Eviscerate glyph is weak. Glyph of Tricks of the Trade would be a better utility and DPS investment.

Rupture or Eviscerate?

Rupture:
    - Rupture will always do better sustained damage than Eviscerate.Rupture doesn't depend on crits that much to do dmg. While eviscerate does.
    - Rupture absolutely beats Eviscerate when there's a feral druid in the group. Ever seen constant 20k+ Eviscerates? Me neither but I did get constant 20k+ ruptures whilst having a feral druid in the raid grp due to Mangle.
    - Steady DPS
    - Rupture DPE (Damage Per Energy) is better. It might not always hit harder, it's that the energy cost for rupture is less and therefore when you average out the damage done by Eviscerate and Rupture and then compare it to energy cost, rupture usually wins.
    - Your raid group has a feral druid (Mangle debuff)
    - Your enemy has enough HP to take the whole Rupture duration
    - You ain't close to BiS aka 60-70(Glyhped Evi crit chance)
    - Rupture ignores armor

Eviscerate:
    - DO NOT GO EVISCERATE BUILD IF YOU GOT LESS THAN 60% CRIT WHILST BUFFED(AND EVI GLYPH)
    - Your raid doesn't have a feral druid
    - The enemy won't take all the rupture ticks
    - You're too lazy to bother with Rupture and SnD timings
    - 4x t10, if you get a lot of procs it's gona be really good. Your Eviscerate'll do up to 15% total dmg vs the usual ~8%.
    - No Expose armor or Sunder armor on the Mob'll result a lot less Eviscerate damage

Rupture is still better than Eviscerate even in BiS gear.

Here the prof: Evi + Rupture spec all in 1 glyphs included for data.
    Spoiler: Show

NOTE: NPC armor is not included.

NOTE: Rupture DPE is even higher with a bleed debuff on the target.
    Above applies only, if rupture ticks for the full duration.
    Edited: June 13, 2018

12. despite what all thistheory crafting says low rupture cycle does not work even with druid debuff

13. It should unless you're using Rupture on things that don't stay alive the full duration. Or maybe you're using it while cleaving something with Blade Flurry. It's more damage for less energy, ergo it's better. Unless something significant is bugged, which doesn't really appear to be the case.

14. again with the "shoulds ","maybes" and all the bull****. show me with proof that rupture does better in game and i believe u .enough theorycrafting ,i can 100% guarantee that rupture is a garbage spell and shouldnt be used once u hit bis gear or have enough crit and arp capped even with druid debuff and yes im talking single target on the bosses *** dps dont bring this point up again.

Edited: June 16, 2018

15. What do you mean by "proof". Do you want someone to put Rupture on a target and then observe for you how it does more damage per energy than Eviscerate?

This "theorycrafting" that you're dismissing out of hand is an application of observed damage numbers in-game. Rupture is the better finisher unless something is bugged. As far as I can see, nothing is bugged in a significant enough way that this claim of yours would hold true:
    i can 100% guarantee that rupture is a garbage spell and shouldnt be used once u hit bis gear or have enough crit and arp capped
    I also don't know what you think crit chance has to do with anything because both abilities have the same crit multiplier.

It's also worth nothing that your choice of finishers is ultimately not all that significant. The difference between low rupture and using only Eviscerate isn't much more than 1-2% overall DPS. So if your DPS is plain low across the board, it's misguided to blame it on Rupture.

First ... 11192021222331 ... Last