1. June 6, 2016  

Wintergrasp... Pvp.. Dreams that may never come true

Well.. I am not sure if everyone else is as frustrated as me. But seriously, something should be done about PvP and/or Wintergrasp. It is for a fact that most pvp players would chose to be alliance for the fact that alliance races are stronger in pvp.

R.I.P hordes.

2. June 6, 2016  

3. June 6, 2016  

4. June 6, 2016  
    What do you suggest?
    1- Maybe make transferring from alliance --to horde--> for free. Maybe this could solve part of the problem.

2- Maybe at least make Wintergrasp open for both at the same time since its clearly unbalanced PvP realm. At least so people can do VoA !!

3- Maybe balance the amount of players get into Wintergrasp fights because most cases you will see 35 horde vs 200 alliance (just random number). So instead, when alliance are 20+ players or something like that, stop letting more get in until more horde gets in.

These are just quick random thoughts, maybe they are not perfect, maybe they are not great ! But there should be something done honestly.

5. June 6, 2016  
    1- The balance between factions on realms is around 50/50 or close to that. The fact that part of each faction doesnt do one kind of content (for Alliance - pve, for Horde - pvp) is not because of faction balance, its because of people's choice.

2- I as PvEr could agree, though I do see the counter arguement that being able to enter VoA was the main "prize" for winning in Wintergrasp.

3- Well, I'm not sure what the system would do with Alliance flying into Wintergrasp. If only system similar to Ashran queue. Probably possible, but not sure.

6. June 6, 2016  
    About 3.: I think this system is already in place, at least for those that joined by the queue system. Not sure how people not in the raid group flying into WG are handled. I only noticed, that while WG was on, and i was flying with the gryphon from dalaran to sholazar (which goes over WG), it teleported me out of WG becos i wasn't spposed to be in the battle.

7. June 6, 2016  
    About 3.: I think this system is already in place, at least for those that joined by the queue system. Not sure how people not in the raid group flying into WG are handled. I only noticed, that while WG was on, and i was flying with the gryphon from dalaran to sholazar (which goes over WG), it teleported me out of WG becos i wasn't spposed to be in the battle.
    U werent able to enter the battle because the cap is 120 players on each side.
    There were most likely already 120 allys parcipating in the battle so u got teleported out.

Other than that, different like in Bgs, there is no faction number balance in WG. The outnumbered faction gets a buff called "Tenacity" though which increase the health, dmg and healing of players. The crucial part is here that the tenacity buff increasae only the health of vehicles but NOT its dmg. Consequently the higher populated side, which is always the alliance, has a huge advantage in this battle because the tenactiy buff doesnt increase the dmg of horde vehicles so the horde has a extremly hard time to destroy any wall against a overwhelming amount of allys.

Long story short. The tenactiy buff isnt strong enough to compensate that the horde gets outnumbered and the result is a unbalanced battle.
    Edited: June 6, 2016

8. June 6, 2016  
    U werent able to enter the battle because the cap is 120 players on each side.
    There were most likely already 120 allys parcipating in the battle so u got teleported out.
    Was it originally designed with a 120 cap ?

9. June 6, 2016  
    personally i liked it better when wg was disabled. missing out on a raid because horde is utter garbage at pvp is bull****.

10. June 6, 2016  
    I only play Alliance. This **** is unfair.

Alliance are ALWAYS in control of VoA. Maybe once in the past month have I seen it under horde control..

VoA is one of the fastest shortcuts to high level gear and for only one faction to have access to it 95% of the time is very unfair.

I understand fighting over VoA control was a thing on retail, but here it just contributes to more imbalance.

11. June 6, 2016  
    Im wondering if vehicles deal the right amount of dmg.
    According to wowiki the "ram" ability of the sige engines is supposed to deal the highest building dmg but the dmg feels really low. I didnt check the numbers but it felt like the torrets on the siege engine deal significant more building dmg than the ram ability.
    After all attackers have really a extremly hard time to win the battle.

12. June 6, 2016  
    1- Maybe make transferring from alliance --to horde--> for free. Maybe this could solve part of the problem.

2- Maybe at least make Wintergrasp open for both at the same time since its clearly unbalanced PvP realm. At least so people can do VoA !!

3- Maybe balance the amount of players get into Wintergrasp fights because most cases you will see 35 horde vs 200 alliance (just random number). So instead, when alliance are 20+ players or something like that, stop letting more get in until more horde gets in.

These are just quick random thoughts, maybe they are not perfect, maybe they are not great ! But there should be something done honestly.
    *1- Maybe make transferring from alliance --to horde--> for free. Maybe this could solve part of the problem.*

This is the only thing that "Warmane" can do to try to solve this. BUT at the end i just a player choice. GM's can't do nothing about this PVP situation (that also afect PVE players). And I said it before, and now I claim it. This is gona be even worst. Just time to time. Lot of donors / pvp fanboys will faction change to ally, just a matter of time.

13. June 6, 2016  
    If you want VoA get better at pvp it's that simple. Not Alliance's fault that horde can't pvp and giving them an unfair advantage would just be ridiculous.

14. June 6, 2016  
    If you want VoA get better at pvp it's that simple. Not Alliance's fault that horde can't pvp and giving them an unfair advantage would just be ridiculous.
    Its not a matter of quality but of quantity.
    The alliance is dominating in WG because they simply outnumber the horde.

15. June 6, 2016  
    At the moment of this post Horde currently control it and they don't as much as Alliance but it's never going to be 50/50 controlled, it's not like flipping a coin.

The buff was also done by Blizzard and it's unlikely Warmane will edit it.

I do however agree both factions should be able to do VoA and transfers from Alliance to Horde should be cheaper of free to combat the massive numbers of Alliance vs Horde. With the increased cost of faction changing I've noticed a lot less people doing it and as a result BGs, World PvP & WG have suffered from my point of view.

123 ... Last