1. June 6, 2016  

The multiboxer situation in WG

Before I start, I'm not suggesting to remove multiboxing, this is more of a complaint of gameplay being impacted by individuals.

Multiboxing is a strong topic here and there's threads on a daily basis complaining about it in BGs and that issue isn't really too big, however, multiboxing in WG is an issue.

In the past few days as it's summer break I've had more time to come online and I've noticed that the multiboxing in WG is massively impacting gameplay.

During the start of WG, the multiboxer somehow magically managed to find himself inside the Alliance base after 0.5 seconds of the round start which created a massive spike of lag for about 2 minutes (Any Alliance in the past WG at 5PM GMT +1/ST) will have noticed it if you joined instantly at the start.

Furthermore, the multiboxer is causing massive spikes of server lag all through WG, not an FPS drop but a zone wide lag spike which is creating an unstable environment.

I've done around 40 WG and never experienced any type of lag apart from when there's a multiboxer present and while I agree it shouldn't be removed from the server, once the issue is creating an unstable PvP environment and causing unplayable lag spikes the issue needs attention.

Yeah, it was allowed on retail - but did retail lag out for 2mins everytime a multiboxer put his totems down in WG? Nope.

2. June 6, 2016  
    Warmane does not give a hump due to massive amout of moneys from multiboxing nolifers.

3. June 6, 2016  
    If not removing multiboxing, I have no clue what are you trying to suggest, Ast0nish.

4. June 6, 2016  
    Warmane does not give a hump due to massive amout of moneys from multiboxing nolifers.
    The massive amount of money multiboxers bring to warmane is most likely just a drop in the ocean compared to the rest of the playerbase. I'm fairly sure that the reasons behind allowing multiboxing are mainly not money-related.

@OP: Would you lag out if same number of individual players did the same as the multiboxer does at the start of the WG? If yes, then the issue is not multiboxing.

5. June 6, 2016  
    iSullivan
    I'm fairly sure that the reasons behind allowing multiboxing are mainly not money-related.
    Please, elaborate.

6. June 6, 2016  
    I was in this WG. Lagged the whole game. I saw him appear at the spawn and then disappear when his toons got low, odd. Just left midway through, wasn't worth the effort. It shouldn't be allowed in WG.

7. June 6, 2016  
    I just don't like going to the leave FoS PoS dungeon area and the second I leave I get 1shot by 15 shadow priests >.> Idgaf if they're in BGs because that just means that he's only in one place.. But when I'm doing PvE or questing and I encounter one who kills me it's a pita.

8. June 7, 2016  
    Please, elaborate.
    Considering the limited number of people who do multibox, the fact we don't have subscription fees, that on most cases people will get one, maybe two characters geared using coins, farming the rest, and that even those donations are usually a one-time thing, not a recurrent one we could rely on, the income derived from allowing multiboxing is far from deal breaking. It's allowed simply because we don't want to curb that play style, which is a legitimate one on retail, which we try to emulate.

9. June 7, 2016  
    I don't think any multiboxer would ever try to create lag or fps drop on purpose as the multiboxer is the one who would be suffering the most from it.

Two things are certain tho:
    -The server got an update last night which may be the cause of the lag.
    -There are still exploits out there that players can use to cause massive lag and fps drops to anyone near the exploiter.

:edit:

Server back up, time for a stresstest in WG. Hopefully no more lagspikes.
    Edited: June 7, 2016

10. June 7, 2016  
    I was in this WG. Lagged the whole game. I saw him appear at the spawn and then disappear when his toons got low, odd. Just left midway through, wasn't worth the effort. It shouldn't be allowed in WG.
    That's because most people who multibox also use hacks. I can't count the number of times I've seen multiboxers fly hacking around azeroth or in bgs.

11. June 7, 2016  
    That's because most people who multibox also use hacks. I can't count the number of times I've seen multiboxers fly hacking around azeroth or in bgs.
    Bad troll is bad, get back under your bridge.

12. June 7, 2016  
    WG, AV all same...
    multiboxing by 2.3. 5? fine...
    multiboxing by 20-30? this is ****... and this is game breaking.
    just dont tell me blizzard dont ban mboxers so warmane also shouldnt.
    if multiboxer would join retail AV with 20 chars he would be asked in a second to not do that again by a GM spectacing it... and is he disagree GM would kick him from bg.

remember GM means Game Master - person who make sure that Role Playing Game is entertaining for all participants (google it)
    Edited: June 7, 2016

13. June 7, 2016  
    just dont tell me blizzard dont ban mboxers so warmane also shouldnt.
    How about it's their server and they made their own rules?

14. June 7, 2016  
    aha.
    and ofc rest of my post is irrelevant because it would solve problem (kicking mass-multiboxers from battlegrounds)...
    you decide to quote least important part. ever considered becoming politician?

15. June 7, 2016  
    Your posts are irrelevant though.
    They won't do you any good and they make you look like you are crying because you got bullied.
    Keep getting rekt.

12311 ... Last