1. June 8, 2016  
    I was reporting bots back in the days with video proofs for 100% ban, got like 10 mongols, but cuz of poor 10 days ban i cba now, not worth my time wasted [fraps, render, upload, report, ticket time] to see this *** mong banned for 10 days only.

When i've reported last one, he got +8 levels 70-78 during ticket time answer.
    Edited: June 8, 2016

2. June 8, 2016  
    Hi! I'm guessing Warmane is following the example given by blizzard when considering bot bans. Here's a blue reply (Blizzard employees reply) about this issue:

Quote from a Blizzards community manager "Lore"s post: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6375?page=2#24
    So, here's the thing.

Through various studies (conducted both here at Blizzard and by other companies/groups), and by monitoring player behavior, we've discovered that suspensions are actually more effective than permabans for preventing repeat offenses by the same people.

There's some really interesting sociological hocus pocus behind it, but from what I understand, the TLDR is that if a botter gets permabanned, they'll often just buy a new account and go right back to botting. However, if we only suspend them -- meaning, they'll get their account back later -- they're less likely to buy a new one. Furthermore, once they do get their account back, they're EXTREMELY unlikely to bot again.

I'm not a psychology expert, but there's something about "I'll get this account back later" that leads more of these sorts of people to give up their botting ways than if their accounts had been permanently closed. It's kind of fascinating (at least I find it to be).

Side note: please avoid referencing bot programs directly by name, you're only making it easier for people to find them!
    Another quote from "Lore" in the same topic: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6375?page=3#52
    Sorry, let me try to explain more clearly:

Take your average botter. Let's call him... Jim. Jim is an awful person who uses various scripts and/or third party programs to give himself an unfair advantage against other players. We don't like Jim. One day, Jim gets caught, and Blizzard takes action against his account.

Now say, hypothetically, that Jim's account gets permanently closed. Everything he had on that account is now gone forever, and he has no way of getting it back. Now, many players in this case would (and do) just stop playing, but not Jim. Jim decides he still wants to play World of Warcraft, so he buys a new account and starts over fresh. And since Jim's now starting from scratch, he decides he doesn't have much to lose, so he fires up his scripts and third party programs again.

Net result: Jim is still at it. If and when he gets caught again, he just buys another account, and continues to be an awful person.

However, if Jim only gets a temporary suspension, he knows he's getting his account back, so starting over from scratch sounds much less appealing. Jim likes his characters and wants to keep them, so he decides to just wait the suspension out. Once it ends, he really doesn't want to go through that whole ordeal again, so he decides not to risk botting again.

Net result: Jim is a decent guy who made some mistakes and learned from them. We're actually pretty okay with Jim now.

I'm obviously painting a rosy picture here (not everyone responds this way), but I'm just trying to illustrate why suspending accounts tends to result in fewer cheaters long-term than permabanning. Like I said, there's some really interesting psychological shenanigans involved (which are a bit above me, I'm afraid). That's my understanding of how all this works, though.

(Also, apologies to everyone named Jim who is not a filthy cheater. I'm sure you're all lovely.)

3. June 8, 2016  
    Sad, really sad. Guess all we can do is join them then? :D jk. I am actually thinking of a solution in which you could report them without least effort. there should be a way for this. Because the damage they do is quite high.

4. June 8, 2016  
    as per botters i think

5d
    7d
    10d
    15d
    30d
    90d
    perma

so roughly you need to wait 6 months to get a botter perma banned
    Just make it 90 days -> perm and problem solved.

5. June 8, 2016  
    Meaty, easier said than done. Not our decision. :D

6. June 8, 2016  
    as per botters i think

5d
    7d
    10d
    15d
    30d
    90d
    perma

so roughly you need to wait 6 months to get a botter perma banned
    This is incorrect, here is how it currently works:

first offense - 30 days ban
    second offense - permanent ban

Also would be nice to get a warmane staffs reply here what are their standing in this botting situation, why the 5days ban and give more in-depth behind the scene thinking.
    Proterean already posted how we feel about this issue in the community briefing thread.

Q: The botters are being banned for low durations. Can you increase it?
    A: The duration is only for first offenders and it's spread all over the accounts. Next offense results in a much longer duration and the termination of the account. Best way to deal with bots is to report them, our GM team will surely monitor and execute the bans as soon as evidence is gathered or even provided in the ticket. We have also went ahead and made the initial duration much more harsh in order to combat the waves of bots.

7. June 8, 2016  
    Empyrean, whats the most effective way to reach a gm to report a botter? because in some occasions people (including myself) are waiting for person to be banned after quite a while.

8. June 9, 2016  
    Warmane should give some ticket priority for bot hunters, if it's possible.
    Let's say, if player has reported over 20 bots with good proof (video+screenshots) and saved GM's time could have been wasted for investigation, player would have some priority in ticket que and his ticket can be served as soon as possible.
    That will help a lot in the Great War Against Bots.
    Edited: June 9, 2016

9. June 9, 2016  
    yeah it's quite pathetic right now with all those bots running around and no1 doin sht about it, this srv clearly needs more attention ( admins, devs to fix the many buggs/quests etc ).

10. June 9, 2016  
    There should be a "/botreport [optional text]" function to report the current target, a gm then just needs to watch that player for 1min to see if it's a bot. The widely available bot(s) for 3.3.5 are really bad at looking like a human player, they are so ****ing obvious it hurts.

Especially a moving target gives them away instantly.

11. June 9, 2016  
    Empyrean, whats the most effective way to reach a gm to report a botter? because in some occasions people (including myself) are waiting for person to be banned after quite a while.
    Opening an in game ticket is still the best way to report them.

12. Opening an in game ticket is still the best way to report them.
    How come that the 3 seperate bots I've reported (50k creatures killed as fresh 80) are still walking around without having been banned?

13. I think it's 10 / 30 / perma.
    Personally i'd go "instant PERMA-F-YOU" but ..

14. This is incorrect, here is how it currently works:

first offense - 30 days ban
    second offense - permanent ban

Proterean already posted how we feel about this issue in the community briefing thread.
    Do you mean "this is how it currently SHOULD work"? Because in-game every player is still seeing bots getting banned for 3 days, 5 days, 10 days etc... Or just simply, not getting banned.

First 12