1. June 8, 2016  

Botting issues on Lordaeron

Hello,

I have started to see more and more people using bots around. Sadly some of them are just bluntly running around for wast amount of time and killing stuff that they already over leveled. Saw many 70+ people running around in hellfire killing lv 58-60 demons, they do not react to pvp combat intelligently, simple tries to kill you down like you're a mob when you get him low hp he simply tries to heal himself, if you move a bit out of his range he will simply just turn around and start walking forward to new mob like nothing ever happened. Couple days ago i saw 3 people botting.

The question would be what do you guys do? Do you report them? Or you just do not care? I've tried sending a in game ticket to a gm with those player names, i got a reply that they will inspect these players, but yesterday i saw like 8 botters and 2 of them were the people i reported before in ticket.

I wrote a ticket because i do not understand whats the best way to show 100% evidence proving that person guilty of using bots? I'd say screenshots prove nothing in this case. And fraps everything then convert the filmed videos to a reasonable format. upload them to youtube, 1 botter would take up to 10minutes of time or even more. thats quite a lot of time when you are trying to spend your daily free time after work to level up. when you have only couple hours to spare to play and basically if you find 6 botters and spend 10minutes each, you simply threw away 1hour of your time.

I am really interested to remove the botters, because they are really influencing the servers economy, and community. For example if you have a bot that farms in hellfire, id say its safe to say that if you leave that bot for 24hours online, he would make at least 70-100g per hour FLAT farmed gold of selling all items to vendor. so that would be 1680-2400g daily (24 * 70 = 1680, 24 * 100 = 2400). And what if you have 2? 3? bots running around? Its good if the botter will use the gold to sell it for real money or sell characters lv 10 with 10k golds on them (saw couple of them in character sell market on lordaeron). but if the botter is a casual person and will use the gold to influence the servers economy we will have sky high prices like in a half year or so, in which case more people will be forced to bot or simply just buy gold.

What are your thoughts, please share them.

2. June 8, 2016  
    Yeah its sad... i saw some bots in zangarmarsh too and in borean toundra... lvl40 gnomer PLed by a bot at kalunka spot...

3. June 8, 2016  
    Whats the current ban length for a botter? if its not perm, by how long the term increases if you're caught 2nd? 3rd? time.

4. June 8, 2016  
    Warmane needs to do anti cheat update like it did when server launched i dont remeber seeing people getting banned recently for botting which is very strange, i dont believe that out of so many players there isnt going to be at least 1 per day that will try to use bot
    Edited: June 8, 2016

5. June 8, 2016  
    Well what warmane needs, warmane needs but right now the question stays the same I think it would be also nice to see banned people list atleast "Character name (Realm) - reason - expiration date/Perma" it would satisfly more people if they see that their reports are beeing dealt with. But what can we do as community, without involving warmane staffs work (well ofc excluding the fact that we they need to inspect the person and ban him.)

6. June 8, 2016  
    Now that you saw what boxers and bots are all about,think that Warmane enabled that wicked trade character system.On retail, multiboxers were allowed to run because they wanted to make each zone as crowded as possible and of course,for additional subscriptions ,but soon they realized that allowing boxers was the first step and in the last 2 years you could see a whole 15 vs 15 battleground run by bots who act just as the you described them. In the end Blizzard decided to take actions against such subscribers,but it was too late,because there were already too many players doing that,while the others left because the game was too lame.I'm afraid that the same thing might happen here with all the boxers,bots and the trade system around.

7. June 8, 2016  
    True, i saw many times few streamers doing "40man multiboxer raid on orgimmar" and so 3rd party programs are a issue true. And something has to happen. Id say 3rd person programs should be perma bannable. i think i saw bots beeing banned for 5days. Thats not enought. If he farms for a week straight then he gets banned. a straight week of farming if as i said a day is 1680-2400 gold then that leads that a week is 11760-16800 gold within a week and if you profit that much within a week and you get suspended for 5days. thats like OK, ill that that punishment.

8. June 8, 2016  
    Its good if the botter will use the gold to sell it for real money or sell characters lv 10 with 10k golds on them (saw couple of them in character sell market on lordaeron). but if the botter is a casual person and will use the gold to influence the servers economy we will have sky high prices like in a half year or so, in which case more people will be forced to bot or simply just buy gold.
    I'm sorry but any shape and form of botting is not good or acceptable. I think botting results in permanent ban nowadys, used to be temporary before as far as i remember.

9. June 8, 2016  
    I'm sorry but any shape and form of botting is not good or acceptable. I think botting results in permanent ban nowadys, used to be temporary before as far as i remember.
    Couple days ago i saw someone being banned for botting for 5days i believe. but i might be wrong.
    Edited: June 8, 2016

10. June 8, 2016  
    Still no one said that they are reporting people that use 3rd parties. i am curios if anyone reports them and how they do it to take up less time.

11. June 8, 2016  
    I got like 10-11 bots banned. All i did was, kill the bot 3-4 times to confirm his botting nature.
    Raise an in-game ticket to the Game Master detailing

Name of player :
    Faction :
    Level :
    Issue : Botting
    Zone : map name where he is botting e.g. Storm Peaks
    Details : Details about what he is doing and since when you are watching him.

But i felt a pushback when those bans were mere 5 days and after 5 days they were back to botting.
    So now i just kill the bot and go away.
    Warmane should change its 5d ban policy for bots and make a minimum 30d ban for botters on first exploit.
    If bans were 30days minimum or permanent for botters, i feel i would be reporting every bot i come across and others would do the same.

12. June 8, 2016  
    I got like 10-11 bots banned. All i did was, kill the bot 3-4 times to confirm his botting nature.
    Raise an in-game ticket to the Game Master detailing

Name of player :
    Faction :
    Level :
    Issue : Botting
    Zone : map name where he is botting e.g. Storm Peaks
    Details : Details about what he is doing and since when you are watching him.

But i felt a pushback when those bans were mere 5 days and after 5 days they were back to botting.
    So now i just kill the bot and go away.
    Warmane should change its 5d ban policy for bots and make a minimum 30d ban for botters on first exploit.
    If bans were 30days minimum or permanent for botters, i feel i would be reporting every bot i come across and others would do the same.
    Well in-game tickets are not that effective. FeelsBadMan that you report person and he is still running around unintelligently for 5more days. and then he gets 5days suspension and continues to run around after 5days. FeelsBadMan 5days for the damage he might cause is a very small amount of time. Would be interesting to hear why the policy is set to 5days for 3rd parties. And i am really curios about the repeatable bans over and over are they also 5days?

13. June 8, 2016  
    I can't understand how did the staff came up with the conclusion that 5 days is enough... the impact they have on so many things is soo huge.. its as if its not even "that bad" thing to do.. guess it doesnt matter so much to them, whether the player online is actually a player, or a bot

14. June 8, 2016  
    as per botters i think

5d
    7d
    10d
    15d
    30d
    90d
    perma

so roughly you need to wait 6 months to get a botter perma banned

15. June 8, 2016  
    Well if we as community and warmane staff wants to get rid of these botters we need to organise a easier way to communicate about these botters, and we need to have evidence beyond reasonable doubt at the reporting moment. That staff would not need to find the person online at the present time when they see the botter being online and trail him and watch his actions. Also would be nice to get a warmane staffs reply here what are their standing in this botting situation, why the 5days ban and give more in-depth behind the scene thinking.

12 Last