1. June 9, 2016  

Why people are leaving Lordaeron in favour of Icecrown.

The demographics of the servers since I started playing have shifted, no longer is Lordearon the server with a 30 minute queue and now it is Icecrown, but why?

I believe the reason for the migration is the difficulty of the raids on Lordearon. First and foremost it is too hard for the average player and scaling Nax 10 down slightly is a step in the right direction, however, this needs to be done further with Ulduar 10 and all subsequent raids. Increasing the difficulty by 100% would be fine for pre 3.3.5 content. As this patch brought a lot of power to a lot of classes, however, with the near to 200% buffs (previously) on Naxx 10 and Ulduar players were finding content too difficult.
    This too difficult leads me onto my next point, elitism. This topic will be a hotbed of people calling me a casual and telling me to 'get gud scrub' however, i've been in some of the top raiding guilds in Europe, i'm not looking to defend that through having a **** (male chicken) measuring contest. What I am saying is that this elitism is rife on Lordearon, whilst leveling an alt i've come under series of abuse from players for no reason. This includes use of the ingame /spit emote which I consider quite rude, as well as general elitism saying that we don't deserve to play wow simply because we aren't level 80 or in a top guild. Elitism existing on a 'Private Server' is beyond ridiculous, you're doing content which is years old, with tactics that haven't changed in that time in an era with people who have been playing the game like myself for over 10 years. So why you're elitist to low level players is beyond me. Also Gear-Score. Seriously, the need to have 3.8k gear score to go into Naxx 10 is ridiculous, it was 3.3k in live. 3.3k is how much players expect you to have for 'heroics' because otherwise you're not going quick enough for their ego. Gear score wasn't introduced during the time I ran heroics on release, it didn't matter, you're levelling gear was enough by blizzards design so stop asking for ridiculous amounts like 3.5k.

From the elitism to the overly difficult raids on this 'hardcore' server lead to a pretty cruddy atmosphere. Whilst I understand the reason behind the Dev's disabling dungeon finder in order to foster a sense of community and re-explore the world through travelling, (a change I really like) you're forcing players into contact with elitist jerks on a regular basis, creating a crap sense of community. I could go on all day about how people have been just plain rude and ignorant whilst levelling, or how they expect too much in heroics. But that's enough from me, and unless a serious look at how the servers raids are tuned is undertaken elitism will be the norm and it will ruin the experience for a lot of players. They will then migrate to Icecrown, whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you to determine, I personally would like to see Lordearon remain a healthy, friendly server.

P.S be as rude and elitist as you like in the comments. This is what this post is addressing after all.

2. June 9, 2016  
    Reasons are obvious.
    People do not want to struggle x1 rates and wait till all boring "nostalgia" content released step by step.
    It' way better to move Icecream and start real game with everything has been released already so you don`t have to lurk in some 10 years old nostalgia content no1 really interested in when ICC is up.
    Add here vote points for lazy people and you will get whole picture.

Cons - paypal gladiators, multiboxers.
    Pros - everything else.

3. June 9, 2016  
    Actually why lordaeron ppl are unhappy about it? Isn't that you guys can now log and play without queue? It's not like you guys are losing majority of the population.

4. June 9, 2016  
    None of the current raids besides Ulduar hardmodes are really challenging/not doable for even a casual bunch of players

Naxx10 got nerfed, Naxx25 has already gotten nerfed before and is cleared by people just starting on the server.
    Ulduar 10 was never hard and has been cleared by guilds that raid less than 2 days a week, same goes for Ulduar25 which has also already been nerfed.

Lordaeron is perfectly fine for casual players in it's current state, people just have to lower their expectations and realize that they would have to invest time if they want to get ALL of the best stuff.

The only thing that I feel is not reliably doable is pugging with a bunch of headless chickens and no guidance and expecting to clear stuff,(spoiler alert: the same was the case on retail Ulduar!!) the server doesn't have an LFR equivelant difficulty raid so you are expected to atleast take care of your character without people having to carry you.

If you can't do that, go to icecrown and pay a bunch of money to keep our server alive, I don't think anyone minds, I'd rather not have a bunch of Kingslayers on Lordaeron with literally 0 gems in their sockets waving their prostetic dicks in my face, I prefer real fleshy dicks
    Edited: June 9, 2016

5. June 9, 2016  
    Reasons are obvious.
    People do not want to struggle x1 rates and wait till all boring "nostalgia" content released step by step.
    It' way better to move Icecream and start real game with everything has been released already so you don`t have to lurk in some 10 years old nostalgia content no1 really interested in when ICC is up.
    Add here vote points for lazy people and you will get whole picture.

Cons - paypal gladiators, multiboxers.
    Pros - everything else.
    Lordaeron sux,if you compare it to icc,icc has one of the best pvp players best pvp guilds,best pve guilds,best everything,lordaeron is the weaker race of icc.

I suggest you to try out icc,also the coin shop is cheaper there,sm cost 150 coins,on lordaeron will cost double so not worth.

6. June 9, 2016  
    Cross Realm feature after lord gets ICC release. Choosing Lord or IC will be a matter of PvE preferences. Everyone's happy. I'm sure pvp boys from lord wouldn't mind queuing with those "paypal gladiators" that you guys talk about.

Is the dream too big?
    Warmane would greatly increase in numbers TBH

7. June 9, 2016  
    I find it funny that the absence of a queue suddenly makes it so "no one wants to play on x1 with boosted raids." Yeah, let's completely ignore the fact the server at low population times still has thousands and thousands of players, and still goes past 10000 players at peak times. The single, objective reason for the change in populations is that many people aren't suited for the Lordaeron experience, with all its customization to make it something you actually have to invest time in and learn to adapt to different, more difficult situations. Many players were playing in Lordaeron because of the amount of working content, while resenting those limitations. Now that there is an "easy mode" alternative, with much faster character development and all, they went there. Sure, there are still some that might feel they invested too much in Lordaeron to start over in Icecrown, but those would be a minority.

8. June 9, 2016  
    Cross Realm feature after lord gets ICC release. Choosing Lord or IC will be a matter of PvE preferences. Everyone's happy. I'm sure pvp boys from lord wouldn't mind queuing with those "paypal gladiators" that you guys talk about.

Is the dream too big?

ye and playing 24/7 vs bis gear icecrown teams

9. June 9, 2016  
    People are bad and instead of trying to get better they cry for nerfs then they go to the easier realm. Mystery solved.

10. June 9, 2016  

Is the dream too big?
    I'm guessing most people on Lordaeron like the "no legendaries from shop" feature, crossrealm would make that pointless.

11. June 9, 2016  
    Personally i will switch soon to icecrown only cause leveling in lordaeron is too boring and it's not because of rate x1. it's like wow in offline mode. Dungeons gets outleveled, friend list 0. Starting from tbc iv'e leveled in total like 20+ chars on x1 and x3. However i would recommend this realm if you have some friends there.
    yesterday iv'e tried to make party to zul'farrak i was spamming global like 1hr for tank after what people start leaving and group disband and 1hr lost. That's when i decide im out of here.

Lordaeron = Proper WoW players
    Icecrown = Players that are bad at WoW (therefore play a fake version to make themselves feel good) and think that the proper WoW players are "elitists" (lol what?).

By reading the forums I can see a huge difference in attitude from the people defending Lordaeron and the people defending Icecrown. It seems to me that anyone defending Icecrown is around the age of 12 who will probably quit anything if it takes effort.
    Such irony guy who makes insult's based on what realm they play talks about age...

12. June 9, 2016  
    Wow finally a person with a brain and a sense of rationality.

Well said OP, I agree with everything you said.

Current Retail wow boss fights in heroic+ are much more complex, most of us have raided back during wotlk, yet there's still some e-peen competition on this server even though it's old and simple content. Just because the boss has x amount more hp and damage doesn't actually change the strat, it just prevents it from being an entry level raid.

13. June 9, 2016  
    Cant really se the problem Obviously many like lordaeron. and a whole bunch like icecrown. Then they are free to chose the server that fits them.

Is it not better to have the player base spread out on 2 fairly high populated realms insted of bunched up on one crowded server?
    I mean if you prefere icrecrown go play on icecrown. if you prefere loraeron play there.
    Why complain about the dserver you don't like? what does it give?

None server will be perfect for everyone. so chose the one that fits you the best and accept the pros and cons it has

14. June 9, 2016  
    Loldaeron sux,if you compare it to icc,icc has one of the best pvp players best pvp guilds,best pve guilds,best everything,lordaeron is the weaker race of icc.

I suggest you to try out icc,also the coin shop is cheaper there,sm cost 150 coins,on loldaeron will cost double so not worth.
    Well baited.

15. June 9, 2016  
    Honestly i lol'd at the part about /spit. Im a horde scumbag and im guilty of spamming /spit on dirty allliance before and after killing, aswell as spamming it on lvl ??'s when i am a safe enough distance from them to not be killed

123 ... Last