1. Not sure what's the situation right now, but according to what was said in thread about report of 2015/what can we expect in 2016 (couldn't find the exact thread, but that was its idea) in the beginning of the year it had 46% of population, but could cover only 4-6% of its own costs, not even talking about total budget. Now it has even less people. So...
    Sure, Icecrrown is more profitable money wise and it's obvious.
    However, Lordaeron people donate too.
    As i remember, Warmane statement was clear about Lordaeron donation - current progress gear level minus one. Meanwhile we have only deep crap in the market (except few good naxxramass trinkets or vanity items) so people donate less.
    With ICC release and normal ICC items in the donation shop there will be a good cash from Lordaeron and more people to play.
    Edited: August 18, 2016

2. Sure, Icecrrown is more profitable money wise and it's obvious.
    However, Lordaeron people donate too.
    As i remember, Warmane statement was clear about Lordaeron donation - current progress gear level minus one. Meanwhile we have only deep crap in the market (except few good naxxramass trinkets or vanity items) so people donate less.
    With ICC release and normal ICC items in the donation shop there will be a good cash from Lordaeron and more people to play.
    Current -1. All ICC sets are T10, so I wouldn't expect anything higher than T9. Also, to buy something you have to have the previous item *for TOC 25HC wep you have to have TOC25N* or at least that was the plan *haven't checked on that*. Also, since atm Lordaeron is in Ulduar patch, no items from 3.1 and onwards should be available - for this very reason you pointed out yourself.
    Edit: The point was mainly pointed at "a lot" part in your post. If they can't pay for own realm then...

3. why bad ?
    *hardcore raids
    *no rdf
    *x1 rates
    its private server and in another hand all played before tbc,lich king in others servers or retail and dont wanna same again, thats why players come here, to this private server, to skip past, wanna faster leveling, dont wanna that level up again that all boring no-sense contect, wanna end game contect instead more.
    Wanna big population, working rdf and casual raiding, not that hard-core raids where u need to give all what u need and wreck ur head wtfk here and how to do it in one type or other side or what ewa.. Now its like Crysis 3 Survival mode on + stronger aliens + less amo + no map, for god sake.. U came here after work and wanna to relax a bit, dont think to deep in this game, because now its like second life, ewan in retail this doesn't exist, such hard-core mode what is here. Thats why people leaving realm.

Some dews or other persons listened some folks, how good is hard-core realm, a lot of players wants that .. A lot ? How much is that ? 30% ? This realm is mistake a bit, nothing personal.

Icecrown is other diferrent story and thats why all going to play to this realm. Ofcourse have some disadwantages, like people leaving RDf for no sense, because tank or heal or dps a bit lower geared then 1,2 of party member who and starts complaining about it and then left, admins could punish people like them, for future improovments and realm would be a bit cleaner from players like him. Realm is ok, perfect like, but as I said before, exist some cancerious players who **** that.

4. its private server and in another hand all played before tbc,lich king in others servers or retail and dont wanna same again, thats why players come here, to this private server, to skip past, wanna faster leveling, dont wanna that level up again that all boring no-sense contect, wanna end game contect instead more.
    How can you say that people come to private servers to skip past? The reason why retail sucks in my opinion is because of too fast leveling, I miss the old content and want to reexperience it.

I have had long breaks so I migth be one of the smaller number that actually still enjoy to level trough to old tbc/wotlk content. I can agree that no RDF is a downside, but the 1 x rate is the reason why I play here.
    The leveling rate is the reason why I chose Lordaeron over Icecrown.

5. Tbh if enabling RDF is gonna make the server more attractive and bring some people in I wouldnt mind it. At first I was against the idea of enabling it but in reality it wouldnt change anything important to worse it will simply comfort those lazier people who cant bother questing or spaming global.
    What made me change my mind is that by this rate and with Legion coming soon the population could drop to dangerously low's and its already a struggle to rectuit new people to a raiding guild. More and more guilds seem to be merging atm..

6. I think the main reason is because there is no catch-up mechanics. On a higher scaled difficulty server it's hard on new players and even returning players to get into current raids. Back on retail it wasn't hard to find pugs for raids that were lower than what was current. It's difficult here I presume. T10 was when they started adding catch-up mechanics such as emblems of frost and FOS/POS. I haven't played here since December, but it's pretty obvious why the server has lowered numbers than the start of lordaeron.

7. I think the main reason is because there is no catch-up mechanics. On a higher scaled difficulty server it's hard on new players and even returning players to get into current raids. Back on retail it wasn't hard to find pugs for raids that were lower than what was current. It's difficult here I presume. T10 was when they started adding catch-up mechanics such as emblems of frost and FOS/POS. I haven't played here since December, but it's pretty obvious why the server has lowered numbers than the start of lordaeron.
    On ToC release heroic dungeons will drop Ulduar emblems and there will also be the ToC 5 man dungeon, so that might get a little better.

8. Guys name is "Jungleudyr"

Why am I not surprised? Even warmane has boosted animals it seems.

9. Literally everyone I knew from when I started like 2 months ago quit lordaeron because no RDF (most of them after hitting 80), some of them moved to Icecrown, some of them didnt.

10. Just dropping my tiny 2 cents here

I'm a Lord player that raids but I play a bit in Icecrown to discover the classes I don't usually play

I'm staying in Lord though and I will most likely get a second char to 80 (I leveled my first 80 during the time where they released Northrend content) because the player level in Icecrown is really awful.

I'm not an elitist at all, I don't think Lordaeron is for a specific kind of people that are "better" than others, but to give an example I ran a PoS HC in Icecrown a few days ago and I saw a 5900gs Elemental Mage in melee range of Krick and he didn't move an inch when the Poison Nova was cast, and so got casually oneshot.

I also saw a rogue with a 25hm LK weapon in his main hand and a lvl 174 offhand that dealt 1200 DPS to a stationary boss while under bloodlust

Those are a few examples among the general frightening lack of awareness that most players in high xp rate, ICC-Simulator realms display.

(Also I realize those two examples might be blamed on the cash shop, especially the rogue, but you get my meaning)

Of course there are dumb people in Lordaeron too but there's a big difference between the two.

I'm staying in Lordaeron for now because I have a guild that is good enough to raid the current best content (although we have our share of difficulties with ulduar, but that's how it's meant to be) and that's how I enjoy the game.

I can also enjoy a more casual, fast-paced game with less progression, which is why I have a few chars in icecrown.

11. I think the main reason is because there is no catch-up mechanics. On a higher scaled difficulty server it's hard on new players and even returning players to get into current raids. Back on retail it wasn't hard to find pugs for raids that were lower than what was current. It's difficult here I presume. T10 was when they started adding catch-up mechanics such as emblems of frost and FOS/POS. I haven't played here since December, but it's pretty obvious why the server has lowered numbers than the start of lordaeron.
    yep

and they should have nerfed naxx a lot more by now

12. Best pvp 2 shadowmourne warriors ever queue

13. Best pvp 2 shadowmourne warriors ever queue
    Holy **** necro. You win.

14. How do people even find those threads to ressurect? What key-word did you enter into the search that got you a thread from 2016 about Lord vs. IC?

First ... 78910 Last