1. There can be noobs in both realms but XP rates don't determine that. If you judge the players based on their performance it's a whole different story.

A noob with almost no decent equipment, lacking experience and/or practice, facing a "overtuned" encounter with tactics that are far different from what he can find and learn on the internet - chances are that this noob will perform much worse than the same noob with semi-bis voteshop set against a "normal" encounter. So Lordaeron is not the best place for noobs to learn endgame raiding. Especially considering that the decent raiding guilds require more than he or she can provide, that player may be stuck doing nothing more than the daily heroic dungeons for quite some time.

And also, population matters much more than the stats or the promises of reinventing the oldschool style of playing. That's why people will always prefer to play in the more crowded realm.
    Well Xp rate can make a difference. if your fairly new to the game, and specially if you chose a class you havent played and ply on a 7x realm you will level really fast, you dont have much time to learn the class before you are max level.

And if you have easy raiding combined with the coins store, you you can easily end up with people with great gear and no experience. even if you you actually done some raids you are overgeard for with an overgeared group you dont always learn much. sore some tactics you kinda have to learn. But with an overgeared group they can usally finish each encounter even if a few dies early. so there is a big chanse you have even done raids but not learned much at all from them.

if gear is a b it harder to get and traids a bit more difficult then you wont be able to just rush trough it with bought gear or be carried trough dungeons and raids. then you actually have to learn, and you will have to work a bit more to get gear and therefore you will learn to play your class better.

Easy way to get gear and easy raiding does not make less noobs the only thing is it makes it easier for a noob to play the game without really getting less noobish along the way

Kinda same with pvp, if you can level fast to max level then buy full pvp sett then you have fairly well geared pleyers that still can't play their class and have no or little pvp experience

2. Lordaeron is intoxicated. A PvP realm turned into a softcore PvE environment. Inhabited by bots, scripters, goldfarmers and webshops.

R.I.P. Lordaeron, I had a really good time.

3. So many posters here being overdramatic, lol.

There are more players at Icecrown because its an easier realm and has all content unlocked. Not all players want a hardcore challenge and many choose the easier path.
    It's as simple as that.

Besides Lordaerons population is still extremely high.

4. Lordaeron population is still very high, I mean most private servers have around 1 - 2k players and thats more then enough to be playable, so lordaeron still has shiny days ahead.

That being said, the realm is currently very unwelcoming to new players as cacthing up in gear now takes way too long (not talking about the HC farming part, but about Naxx 10/25).

It would take 25 new players 2 - 3 months once they reach 80 to be strong enough to move onto Ulduar, and by the time TOC is out or something, and if you're just a new player coming to the realm alone, good luck finding a raiding guild that's still doing Naxx 25. They exist, it's just 1/50 guilds.

All in all, don't be overdramatic, Lordaeron still is populated and okay to play on, but I think the player drop comes from more then just "an easier realm" being available. Its more of a "old players get bored, new players can't come", which will slowly lead to a decay in playerbase should nothing be done about it.

5. Gear score is so high for Naxx.
    My gear score is 3.8k and I'm tanker.
    When I tanking at Naxx .... I felt that I was paper.
    The damage is so high for me.

Raid ... so difficult.
    Naxx is first raid for challengers maybe.

6. The only thing i dislike about icecrown is donators nothing else

7. The only thing i dislike about icecrown is donators nothing else
    Well if it was not for the donators you would probably not have this good servers. To be honest its a LOT because of them warmane have resources to keep this up and open new servers and such

8. I find it funny that the absence of a queue suddenly makes it so "no one wants to play on x1 with boosted raids." Yeah, let's completely ignore the fact the server at low population times still has thousands and thousands of players, and still goes past 10000 players at peak times. The single, objective reason for the change in populations is that many people aren't suited for the Lordaeron experience, with all its customization to make it something you actually have to invest time in and learn to adapt to different, more difficult situations. Many players were playing in Lordaeron because of the amount of working content, while resenting those limitations. Now that there is an "easy mode" alternative, with much faster character development and all, they went there. Sure, there are still some that might feel they invested too much in Lordaeron to start over in Icecrown, but those would be a minority.
    This is lie.
    You are just excusing large amount of players leaving server, just like me, because of your inability making raids good just for 1 single guild, not for the most people playing on Lordearon.
    If this is what you call ,,competitive realm´´, then you and ONLY you burried your own server alive and made it gg wp...

9. My friends do not want to play with me on Lordaeron for one simple reason... there is no dungeon finder and they are all tired of leveling without df... they do not want to play on icecrown either because of P2W so they are "enjoying" retail now... easy leveling is the main reason why people prefer icecrown realm, DF on Lordaeron could change that...

10. you sir, have secured my faith in lord. The gold spammers make the server so much more difficult to farm gold for though :(

11. Hi lordaeron, i miss #gettingawaywithit

12. Lordaeron only needs dungeon finder to survive

13. I left cuz NO RDF and I dont want to level up by doing quests again.
    Also no transmog.

14. Lordaeron only needs dungeon finder to survive
    Yup. RDF and no donor/points gear ever.

15. Yeah, I can understand that. I'd say a good time for it to show up is with ICC, like it did on retail.
    and no donor/points gear ever.
    Points already don't give gear on Lord, and donor items are ridiculously priced to where nobody buys them. How can you seriously complain?
    I left cuz NO RDF and I dont want to level up by doing quests again.
    lol
    I left cuz
    [...]
    no transmog.
    Really?

Casuals.... /sigh

First ... 56789 ... Last