1. June 9, 2016  

Vote points and more players

Hello

I hope I don't go aginst that rule:
    "Vote and donation websites - Do not complain about them not working in this section. We have no control over these websites. Send a private message to a staff member if necessary."

But here's my idea: Make that oldschool woting back, where you had to go and click on some external pages. Those top "100 provate servers" and so on. Point is, that 4 my friends started playing wow together and they just took 1st server in some of that list. If warmane would be first (or close to) in some lists we would have got 4 more players and I think they aren't only ones who choose their server like that. Tried googleing for wow private servers and warmane was nowhere to be found.

I just want more players on cata.. But like bage title says: "WoW WotLK private server" so maby cata is not your priority..

Regards,
    McSneaky

2. June 9, 2016  
    One of the main issues with voting the old way was that some of those top 100 sites were supposedly found to be biased in favor of a few select servers; giving them the top ranks, etc. We do indeed need to find a non-intrusive way get our name out there and attract new players but it can difficult without using these sites. Another concern is this may provide "free advertising" to other servers, however if Warmane can provide top notch quality in terms of game play and service then players won't need to find other servers to play on (players looking to register elsewhere can just as easily look up these top 100 sites on their own volition anyways) but I guess this is their countermeasure.

3. June 9, 2016  
    I know that player to player advertising is best (mouth to mouth or smth). But it doesn't seem to work quite good enought.. I can't really think of many ways. Google ads? :D Or fb share events.. I hope, that they have some marketing plans =)

4. June 9, 2016  
    Doesn't seem to work good enough? like... 27k people at peak times is not enough? :D
    Either way, non-corrupt advertisement on vote sites would be nice, but they have bad experience with that.

5. If it's 27k peak only 1-3k are on cata realms, mostly cata is around 1k. That aren't really that much.. But seems like warmane will focus mostly on wotlk anyway =)

6. WotLK, then probably MoP. Cata players were warned about that in the beginning of the year, but still wanted to play cata, so, until they get till cata, you'll probably have to deal with it.