1. demistifying some Cata myths?

Sup guys,

There are currently some cata "Myths" which I don not understand why people make them up and I'd like to get some enlightenment about them.

- Shadow Priests do 12k DPS
    - Cat druid dps sucks
    - Warrior Tank is the worst/is bugged
    - Frost DK sux

What's your say in these myths?

- I know Shadow Priests have potential. However dot classes are harder play and people don't understand them well. I've seen pictures of SP doing 40-70k both in DS and Fl, and both in retail and Warmane/Molten.

- Cat druid dps sucks...well, I can attest that I knew a dudu who was able to keep 45k maintained in the dummies and burst 55-60k. A friend of mine says dudus are bad because they need to have almost equal balances of crit, haste of mastery, while rogues only need haste > all. He insist that dudu is basically this: 406 ilvl 20k dps, 407 ilvl 45k dps. Basically 1 ilvl away from BiS and you suck.

- Warrior Tank is the worst/bugged: I know warriors were bugged in the past, and I'm not sure where they stand now compared to Paladins since both have similar avoidance mechanics (block cap or CTC cap as it is known)

- Frost DK sux: some people complain it's a 3 button spec and others say it's only viable in normal raiding and not heroic raiding. Retail logs show a dps of more or less 50k in BiS gear without raid buffs. I'm not sure what to think

2. Shadow priest need to recast every single dot to benefit from the 25% dot dmg increase. I don't know much about shadow priest, but that's what I've been told. Might be a talent bug or something.

3. I find Feral Druid DPS pretty amazing :D
    Edited: June 10, 2016

4. Got spriest yea they do good dmg on bosses but on dummys they suck and you cant go pug cuz dps test on dummys.
    Some speels dont scale intelect (shadow appartions do 3-4kdmg with 11k intlect etc.)same for hpriests and spriests.

I know some good wars they are still little bugy think BLOCK thats what they complain now.

Rest i dont know.

5. Frost DK does NOT suck.. People are just ****ing bad at it (hard to imagine right? reading my guide is hard)
    Used to keep up with BIS warriors/spriests in DS HC with only 395ilvl. People are just bad.

6. Frost DK does NOT suck.. People are just ****ing bad at it (hard to imagine right? reading my guide is hard)
    Used to keep up with BIS warriors/spriests in DS HC with only 395ilvl. People are just bad.
    Yeah also every frost dk thinks that haste/str is way to go, but in fact it sux hard..

7. All I can say is that 1,2,4 are false.

8. Guys, in your own personal experience, what's the most dps you have seen those specializations do?

9. Guys, in your own personal experience, what's the most dps you have seen those specializations do?
    Spriests.. My BF used to pull like 50-60k Depending on which boss (and raid buffs like magic damage buffs from Lock/DK/Boomkin) full BIS.
    Ferals, aint really seen any good ones but they were fairly lower on the scale since most rolled Resto or Tanked.
    FDK, I'm the only one I've met who could keep up with other classes, I went into some pug 25M DS normal and their FDKs were running around in Frost press bearly pushing 20k DPS..

Skill makes the player, not the class.

10. Skill makes the player, not the class.
    not on cataclysm :^)

11. not on cataclysm :^)
    What makes you think that way? :D

12. Ehm here an answer :D

1. Ask Shadoonz
    2. Ask Restofarian
    3. Ask WHM
    4. Ask Kne

Actually that are the best ppl i know from this specs, Spriest is hard to play but when you are able too the DPS is good. Restofarian is the best Cat DPS on This Server and yeah he isnt low :-). On Warrior Tanks it depends on the fact if you are C2C or not, but i saw Warri Tanks il 400 That Solotank Warmaster NM so it is quite good. And yeah like some other said you need to know how to play Frost DK :D.

13. warrior tank is actually the worst out of 4. Given that the skilled warrior can perform way better if you give him bdk or anything else

14. warrior tank is actually the worst out of 4. Given that the skilled warrior can perform way better if you give him bdk or anything else
    prot war works now, but the problem is you basically "can't" use your shield wall cd cus it's so beneficial to raid with 4set you need to save it for when raid needs it, making it hard to play with the best cooldown basically unusable

15. What do you mean ''prot war works now''??? Have guildie for example 1st and 2nd boss in ''The Vortex Pinnacle'' hits him same amount on hc and on normal.
    Thats not all he even uses http://cata-shoot.tauri.hu/?spell=84608 and again hits him with same amout insted of absorbs 20percent of magic dmg. Or talent dont work or guy about BLOCK have right.

123 ... Last