1. CIty Guards AI should be improved

Hello, yesterday i had a pretty frustrating experience in Gadgeztan. I played since vanilla wow and i know Tanaris is a contested area that involves low level ganking and PK but the fact that several lvl 80 geared guys camp low levels is a bit unfair, specially when the guards can be ignored completely and deal negligible damage.

It takes 2 minutes to respawn and as soon as you do it you're killed again that is a bit infuriating.

But i have no real concerns about this because it's part of the game, the real problem is that the flight master was dead all the time and my plan was to fly to orgrimmar and couldn't, i waited for half an hour until i gave up.

Probably updating the Guards AI is difficult and not worth to spend time on it but i think flight masters should be unkillable or at least much more durable, or with a higher respawn rate.

Right now this procedre creates an anti fun enviroment

2. no, **** it, we had ******edly op city guards for 3 years (immune to any cc, ******ed dmg of 10-12k per swing). i just say **** it, i dont wanna experience that **** once again.

3. i understand that all guards shouldn't be immortal, specially on capital cities, but some npcs like flightmasters shouldn't be this easy to kill on repeat. It's annoying for people leveling new characters.

4. i understand that all guards shouldn't be immortal, specially on capital cities, but some npcs like flightmasters shouldn't be this easy to kill on repeat. .
    Why they should not be ? Because you want that ?

5. Why they should not be ? Because you want that ?
    because being unable to pick a flight point because the npc is always dead is something that is not working as intended, never found that problem on retail servers. People sometimes killed the npc but respawned a lot faster.

6. Because of too much low level gank-ing pre-merge, they multiplied the guards' damage by 10, (so they were hitting 20k on plates) to solve the issue. Magically, it worked. No one ever dared ganking lowbies, the guards will literally ONE SHOT them.

But eh, I don't know. I guess they thought it ruined world PvP?

7. Now its littel harder to get the insane in the membran.

8. You know that nobody is forcing you to lvl in Tanaris? There are other lvl 40 zones but ye, keep dieing and crying instead.

9. BTW
    >Joined 6, 2016
    >knows whats best for "fun enviroment"

10. because being unable to pick a flight point because the npc is always dead is something that is not working as intended, never found that problem on retail servers. People sometimes killed the npc but respawned a lot faster.
    You forgot something, that its not retail. :) (And it should not be like it, ever) Also, are u ally? i leveled as horde in tanaris and had no issues at all.

11. You forgot something, that its not retail. :) (And it should not be like it, ever) Also, are u ally? i leveled as horde in tanaris and had no issues at all.
    That's your side, I tried boosting a friend as a feral druid (horde side) and got attacked by a straight up SM WF warr who had to be assisted by an either well geared PVE rogue or badly geared PVP rogue and a badly geared pve hunter. 3 of them ganking lowbies, guards are just a joke now...

12. That's your side, I tried boosting a friend as a feral druid (horde side) and got attacked by a straight up SM WF warr who had to be assisted by an either well geared PVE rogue or badly geared PVP rogue and a badly geared pve hunter. 3 of them ganking lowbies, guards are just a joke now...
    cuz guards were meant to be joke.

13. Imo , the dmg should be improved as well as the AI. Can't speak for wotlk since i don't know but on mop most guards are so useless they just root u and do no dmg at all.

14. What would you think about giving the guards Charge, and having them yell "YOLO" or "LEEEEEROOOOOOOYYYY" when they use it?

15. What would you think about giving the guards Charge, and having them yell "YOLO" or "LEEEEEROOOOOOOYYYY" when they use it?
    go for it! =D
    but i think OP intention was more like unkillable Flight Master.
    I must admit that dead flight master in the middle of nowhere can be really annoying if you traveling through entire continent via flying taxi.

if Flight Master is dead you wont mount for next part of taxi. your toon just stays in place. this is bad cos some paths may reqire 15+ minutes and many players leave PCs during that time... finding yourself dead is even worse than above...
    Edited: June 11, 2016

12 Last