1. something doesn't make sense

if on death+rag there were like 7k people how there are 12k+ on icecrown?

2. There was average 2.5k both realms after the core update some quit due to the fact it broke raiding, before the core update they both averaged 3.5 - 5k at peak. Now keep in mind everyone will want to log in to reserve names ect start new guilds recruit play meet new people everything. This isn't including the massive amount of fresh new people that decided to start here hell the few days after the merge I would /who in curiosity of how many were actively levelling and there was over 50 in each levelling bracket aka 1-10 ect

3. There are also people who migrated from Lordaeron to Icecrown.

4. people from lordaeron who came from dw + rag decided to migrate to icecrown due to increased population and less grind.

Dw + rag were pretty much just end game content TOC, ICC and RS and those encounters were broken on the new core when they released it so people stopped playing due to the fustration of being unable to complete these important raids. Lordaeron provided progressing and working raids(to its current release) which provided a temporary alternative to the ones who decided to leave dw + rag.
    When people see a dead realm(1.5k-2k people online) it just automatically tells the person not to bother logging in. the merge had the opposite effect and gave it a new lease on life.

I wouldn't be surprised in the future if they decide to open another realm once they fix the issues on this new core.

5. Currently waiting for next releases on Lordearon, we will see the effect

6. Lordaeron and IceCrown are on the same core, so I don't think it will take too long to apply Lordaeron fixes to Icecrown.

7. 2 reasons:
    -New core brought in new players (including me)
    -The overtuning of Lordaeron lead to many mislead players who thought they'd be getting the retail experience to transfer to Icecrown.

8. You ever saw those videos about warmane population?
    Billions of corpses all over starting areas where they don't even ever ress?
    Also, global chat @12k doesnt seem much more alive than it was on deathwing when it had ~4-4.5k players online.

9. You ever saw those videos about warmane population?
    Billions of corpses all over starting areas where they don't even ever ress?
    Also, global chat @12k doesnt seem much more alive than it was on deathwing when it had ~4-4.5k players online.
    That is true about the chat...global is only a little busier now than it was before the merge...and it's just 80% people spamming guilds or what crap chars they are selling. And every other chat is mostly dead.

10. Well I felt the difference on global the first time I logged on Icecrown though, chat was scrolling way faster than my eyes were used to, even now, still.

However, this is all a damn cycle, eventually people are going to get tired, and jump back here when a new server comes around. There's just nothing new on icecrown hahaha.

11. There are also people that recently returned because of the new core.