1. @jendah

i agree on the spirit of redemption.. but for that i would have to drop some point from holy.. which would that be?

and about PoM . i read your views about PoM on some other thread.. and noticed what you said.. it sure heals before damage. hence using it when some one is at full HP is pointless.

but then i tried something yesterday .. used it when my tank /dps hits .. say 95-97% HP.. works like magic.. and saves my renew spams too..
    which resulted it my using renew a lot less and eventually have more more mana in the same dung run and with same people than i used to do say 2-3 days ago.. (i was always above 50-60% mana after each fight.. ) .

but before.. I had to drink potions and bottles after every damn fight..

2. @jendah

i agree on the spirit of redemption.. but for that i would have to drop some point from holy.. which would that be?

and about PoM . i read your views about PoM on some other thread.. and noticed what you said.. it sure heals before damage. hence using it when some one is at full HP is pointless.

but then i tried something yesterday .. used it when my tank /dps hits .. say 95-97% HP.. works like magic.. and saves my renew spams too..
    which resulted it my using renew a lot less and eventually have more more mana in the same dung run and with same people than i used to do say 2-3 days ago.. (i was always above 50-60% mana after each fight.. ) .

You can drop any of Blessed Resilience/Test of Faith/Healing prayers.

You don't have to heal ppl when they are at 95% in dungeons, you can safely wait for them to drop to 80%, unless you know they are going to take a lot of dmg soon.

3. You can drop any of Blessed Resilience/Test of Faith/Healing prayers.

You don't have to heal ppl when they are at 95% in dungeons, you can safely wait for them to drop to 80%, unless you know they are going to take a lot of dmg soon.
    alright..
    thanks a lot.

i'l try it :)

4. You could get Mental Agility talent from disc tree and use renew more (should be enough most of the time since you glyphed it), Flash Heal only when necessary. (also maybe 2/2 surge of light to have more free FH procs). I am also not a fan of dropping Spirit of Redemption -> 5% spirit is quite significant mana-regen. You can try to skip Prayer of Mending - I believe it still mostly just overheals (heals before dmg is taken instead of after) = just wasted mana, unless it's fixed.
    Pretty much. The 5% spirit is a fair amount of mana regen if you need it, in addition to the spell power you will get via talents out of it. Prayer of Mending should be timed when people are already damaged and are taking consistent damage. Blood Queen is a good example fight for that. If it's just going to overheal, yes, definitely shouldn't be used. It's definitely not worth investing in the mana efficiency talent for it unless the Priest is expecting to Prayer of Healing spam, which really shouldn't happen very often.

@ your spec on the armory you linked: http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents
    I would suggest dropping Blessed Resilience and Healing Prayers like jendah explained previously. In addition, I would suggest dropping Improved Healing, since the only spell you might use with any frequency will be Greater Heal (from those spells that the talent benefits). You shouldn't be using that unless you're tank healing for huge amounts of damage (for lord knows whatever reasons), or if you need a nuke heal on a single target when you have 3 stacks of Seredipity. At any other time, this talent is entirely useless to you. It's definitely not worth the 3 points.

Afterward, the suggested spec would look something like this: https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVcbuZfEzcb0qihMeuVo

Avoid using Greater Heal unless you really need that single-target nuke heal. Otherwise, you should try to stick to Flash Heal - it will be much more mana efficient with your glyph than Greater Heal will be.

I took the liberty of taking points from the talents I suggested that you drop and moved them over to Spirit of Redemption and Spiritual Healing. Spiritual Healing is a must-have for all Holy Priests, and Spirit of Redemption as per previously discussed.

5. @mercy and jenidah

thanks a lot..

i am changing to the build you suggested.. and run a few dungs with it... hope it works :)

6. Here's a question: is there any reason to play Holy, other than to spam Guardian Spirit on Valithria? I've been playing my Holy Priest for maybe over a year now and I have acquired quite the gear and the experience on him. However, it seems that whenever I join a high-end raid (ICC/RS) people ask me everytime if I can go DISCI. Every time... So, again, is there any point in playing Holy when everybody wants Disci? And also when Disci outperforms Holy by simply spamming bubbles and Penance on tanks/low hp targets? I mean, even back in the day, when I was part of a raiding guild, picking a Discipline Priest was favoured over picking any of the Holy ones from the guild. I dont know, it simply feels like the time I invested in learning my spec is simply going down the drain.

TL;DR: Why bother to play Holy (besides the fact that it's a bit challenging until you get the hang of it), when everybody wants Disci and also you will usually get outperformed by the bubble-spamming Priests?

7. Here's a question: is there any reason to play Holy, other than to spam Guardian Spirit on Valithria? I've been playing my Holy Priest for maybe over a year now and I have acquired quite the gear and the experience on him. However, it seems that whenever I join a high-end raid (ICC/RS) people ask me everytime if I can go DISCI. Every time... So, again, is there any point in playing Holy when everybody wants Disci? And also when Disci outperforms Holy by simply spamming bubbles and Penance on tanks/low hp targets? I mean, even back in the day, when I was part of a raiding guild, picking a Discipline Priest was favoured over picking any of the Holy ones from the guild. I dont know, it simply feels like the time I invested in learning my spec is simply going down the drain.

TL;DR: Why bother to play Holy (besides the fact that it's a bit challenging until you get the hang of it), when everybody wants Disci and also you will usually get outperformed by the bubble-spamming Priests?
    I just had a talk with a guildmate of mine about this subject, so I will try to sum up what we came out with.

People like discipline, because it brings a lot more to the table than Holy does. A huge haste boost, a def cd and instant absorbs, what no other class can provide this efficiently.

If a guild wants to include holy priests into their gameplay, then they would have to switch their tactics for it. And not only the GS, what I really miss and haven't seen any raid to use effectively is the Body and Soul buff, what only holy priests can give. (the people rather run with Nitro boost and speed potions, than to rely on an other player's reactions)

A lot of guilds rather 4 heal the raids, and then they tempt to leave Holy priests out. The reason for this, that they will definitely run with a dicsipline and the other raid healer can bring a lot more to the table than holy priests ever could (especially because the raid already has a discipline priest).

tl;dr:
    In my experience, the holy priests are rather chosen as the 5th raid class, because the others simply outperform it. With the recent fixes to the druids, there might be a change in the habits and compositions, but Bress is just way OP to ignore. (there will always be someone who will die to some random silly stuff)
    But PoM still doesn't seem to heal just as much as it used to on retail, so my bet would be that holy would still remain to be a fillup to the heals as the 5th wheel.

8. Here's a question: is there any reason to play Holy, other than to spam Guardian Spirit on Valithria? I've been playing my Holy Priest for maybe over a year now and I have acquired quite the gear and the experience on him. However, it seems that whenever I join a high-end raid (ICC/RS) people ask me everytime if I can go DISCI. Every time... So, again, is there any point in playing Holy when everybody wants Disci? And also when Disci outperforms Holy by simply spamming bubbles and Penance on tanks/low hp targets? I mean, even back in the day, when I was part of a raiding guild, picking a Discipline Priest was favoured over picking any of the Holy ones from the guild. I dont know, it simply feels like the time I invested in learning my spec is simply going down the drain.

Honestly, it's a mix of two things. First, the things that a Discipline Priest can bring to the raid like Nemmish has covered. There's a fair number of utilities that a Disc can provide that people like and have become accustomed to. Second, there is a perception by much of the community on here that Holy Priests are "bad". And by "bad", I mean that people think they are the worst healer, not necessarily that they are actually bad.

This second point is unfortunately because it's not accurate. If all people care about is HPS, then on an HPS argument, I have personally done and seen others outperform any other kind of healer spec and class on a Holy Priest. This includes Discipline Priests as well. But the HPS argument only applies to "top guild" players who think they know everything and base their arguments solely on HPS. On Retail, for example, when this content was current, Discipline Priests were only desired for one fight in the entire ICC raid. That was the Lich King, and it was solely and purely for Infest. At any other point, a Holy Priest was preferred. The reason for this is largely because of the play-style and difficulty discrepancies between the current state of ICC and how it was on retail. You can probably expect Holy Priests to be more popular on Lordaeron, because it is more akin to what retail was like. On retail, there weren't so many full BIS characters, and they didn't always have the 30% buff in ICC either. Most of the time, the whole "4 healer" setup wasn't even a thing. It was usually 5 healers. Sometimes 6, depending on progression.

So what we have now is this "4 healer" meta, with many people over-gearing the content in combination with the 30% buff (essentially a 30% nerf to the raid as a whole). It's not even 4 healers, honestly. It's 3 healers and then the Disc to prevent much of the damage. The 3 other healers are largely used for tank healing and "oh****" healing on people who fail on mechanics and whatnot. As a result, the whole "healing" role isn't quite where it should be. Having only a handful of people to heal at any given time is not really a blizz-like experience for a healer. Not in a 25-man raid. I would go so far as to say that healers in general in a proper ICC raid have a much easier time than intended. It's also a rather unenjoyable experience for me, as it doesn't allow me to heal like I want to. Especially on my Priest.

Holy Priests aren't as bad as a lot of people would like to make them out to be. And yes, they do underperform with some skills due to unfortunate bugs. However, they can still perform well. The bigger problem is fighting the "meta". That is what the community currently prefers at this particular point in time, and that's just how it is. The meta won't change until Holy Priests get some fixes, some more fixes are rolled out on ICC bosses, and if raiding without the 30% buff ever becomes a thing (I've still yet to see anyone kill LoD without this buff on here).

9. TL;DR: Why bother to play Holy (besides the fact that it's a bit challenging until you get the hang of it), when everybody wants Disci and also you will usually get outperformed by the bubble-spamming Priests?

^^

mercy and nemish have already explained a lot.. but here's what i feel from my limited experience..

Yes.. some ( a lot of them) ask me to switch to disc.. when everytime i say "no" . pugs have kicked me out over it a couple of times..

but people saying that " holy is bad.. its useless. it doesn't do anything" is just bull****.. its same as when people say that prot war is useless.

i play both of them.. and 90% of the time i outperform other healers and tanks. yes.. disc bubbles are awesome.. and are very usefull in some fights.. but man.. those heal bombs the holy casts.. are bloody freaking awesome. as you get some good gear and how find out what sort of healing style you are using ( flash heal or renew or PoM ) .. once you get hang of it. you will actually fight a druid for top heals.. or then.. all the druids which i played with are noobs..

I will never claim that i know more about the game than others.. as i said in my first line.. this is in my limited experience..

if you enjoy a class.. you will be good with it.. and by ignoring some mornic whiners.. if you can convince even the R/G leader that you are good.. you will be good.. so all i can say it..
    enjoy the spec..

and yeah.. who can beat that guardian spirit? xD

10. hi mercy, could you replace new links? i open and says that its doenst exist. thank you

11. Yeah, I went ahead and replaced all of the talent build links I posted in the thread.

12. TL;DR: Why bother to play Holy (besides the fact that it's a bit challenging until you get the hang of it), when everybody wants Disci and also you will usually get outperformed by the bubble-spamming Priests?

^^

mercy and nemish have already explained a lot.. but here's what i feel from my limited experience..

Yes.. some ( a lot of them) ask me to switch to disc.. when everytime i say "no" . pugs have kicked me out over it a couple of times..

but people saying that " holy is bad.. its useless. it doesn't do anything" is just bull****.. its same as when people say that prot war is useless.

i play both of them.. and 90% of the time i outperform other healers and tanks. yes.. disc bubbles are awesome.. and are very usefull in some fights.. but man.. those heal bombs the holy casts.. are bloody freaking awesome. as you get some good gear and how find out what sort of healing style you are using ( flash heal or renew or PoM ) .. once you get hang of it. you will actually fight a druid for top heals.. or then.. all the druids which i played with are noobs..

I will never claim that i know more about the game than others.. as i said in my first line.. this is in my limited experience..

if you enjoy a class.. you will be good with it.. and by ignoring some mornic whiners.. if you can convince even the R/G leader that you are good.. you will be good.. so all i can say it..
    enjoy the spec..

and yeah.. who can beat that guardian spirit? xD
    Honestly it's sad most of the community still have this mentality of go disc or you get kicked from the raid. The reason I don't play disc is the play style is boring it's bubble, PoM, flash heal and penance.

With holy I feel like I'm actually healing I use renew, flash heal, PoM, healing prayer and circle of healing for aoe healing and spirit if redemption to save someone in the right hands a holy priest can do amazing things.

First 12