1. holy talent build comparison and help

Hello people,

I am trying to build a holy priest, (currently at 22)

and while i was just roaming through forums i came across these two builds, both of them suggested for holy priest.
    I am obviously new to priest . hence.. i kind of see sense in both of these builds lol.

so, can someone help me out here !! tell me which is better .
    links are below

http://wotlk.openwow.com/?talent#bxc...cboZMxthbbVbZh

http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbuZfEzcbMqihGcuVo

2. The build in the first link is... strange. I'm not sure what its purpose is, but I don't think it out-performs other proper Holy talent builds. The second one is also a little bit odd, since it looks like it's trying to be a Renew build, but it's picking up Seredipity (which is less useful for Renew gameplay) and leaving out Test of Faith (which is stronger than Seredipity for the Renew-spam play-style).

There are 3 proper Holy builds. Variation is up to personal preference at points, but I'll briefly explain what each are for without writing a novel.

1. Low gear spec.
    This build assumes your gear is terrible and that you would be doing content appropriate for that gear (5 and 10-man content).
    Renew is less of a priority spell, and usually something you'll only use on a tank or someone that is taking constant damage. Most of the time, you will be casting direct heals; such as Flash Heal to build Seredipity stacks, then Greater Heal when you need to nuke heal (often on the tank).
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVcbuZdxtccMVih0euio

2. 5-man dungeon & 10-man raid spec.
    This build is intended to be versatile. Points can be taken from talents that boost things you feel you don't use to invest in mana efficiency if necessary. If you are geared, this shouldn't be necessary. This build allows you to nuke & flash heal when necessary, but also capable of group-healing and utilizing Renew at its full strength.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVcbuZfvzcb0VihoeuAo

3. 25-man raid "Renew spec".
    This build focuses on the healing of large groups. You will find yourself regularly using Renew and using Circle of Healing & Prayer of Mending usually on cooldown. This spec can also make effective use of Prayer of Healing when you need to help heal entire groups through periods of large damage. Seredipity isn't take because it requires you to Flash Heal or Binding Heal to utilize it. These aren't things you will be doing when performing this role, especially without having the talent "Surge of Light". Those points were taken and invested in Blessed Resilience instead, since it provides a flat healing increase. Healing Focus is considered a "filler talent" due to this build largely relying on instant cast spells. It is better to put this point here than in Divine Fury, since you will never use Greater Heal with this build, but the pushback resistance can be useful when casting Prayer of Healing.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVsbu0hZsEzcbMVVhG0uAo

Spirit of Redemption.
    This is a preference talent. If you never die, you will never utilize it. However, if you or the group you are playing with are doing progression into difficult content, then you can consider taking it. For farm content, ithe angel portion is largely useless. The exception to all of this being the 5% spirit it grants which is worth both some regen and some spell power. All things should be considered before deciding to take or not to take it.

Lightwell.
    Great spell, except that nobody ever clicks it. Therefore, useless.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope you find this useful.

3. Thank you for the reply ,
    actually its not a wall, it is bit short for my taste :P (also, i think you missed out on the second link there).

both the links which i posted are from this forum. the second one is in the sticky guides posts of holy builds.

and as far as i have played this thing as of now.. the renew and shield is what i am using most of the time. me and one of my friends who is building up a mage are playing together. so renew and shield helps a lot. (burns through mana though)

also. if you could help with the glyph s too :)
    Edited: June 12, 2016

4. Thank you for the reply ,
    actually its not a wall, it is bit short for my taste :P (also, i think you missed out on the second link there).

both the links which i posted are from this forum. the second one is in the sticky guides posts of holy builds.

and as far as i have played this thing as of now.. the renew and shield is what i am using most of the time. me and one of my friends who is building up a mage are playing together. so renew and shield helps a lot. (burns through mana though)

Holy is very versatile spec you can swap quite a few talents depending on your raid needs/personal preference. Try one of the universal ones and use that as your starting point.

As holy you only rarely use shields in raids (basically only if specced into body and soul to save some slowpoke). Additionally in 25mans you ussually have discipline priest who takes care about shielding and gives most of the raid weakened sould debuff anyways.

Holy ussually goes for Glyph of: CoH, Spirit of Redemption and third random (you can use reduced mana cost on Flash, my personal favourite is Glyph of Prayer of Healing - as I already have no mana problems and its the only one that increases throughput).

Discipline goes for GLyph of: Power Word:Shield, Penance and 1 random (again FL/PoH are good choices).
    Edited: June 13, 2016

5. [QUOTE=jendah;2692765]

Holy ussually goes for Glyph of: CoH, Spirit of Redemption and third random (you can use reduced mana cost on Flash, my personal favourite is Glyph of Prayer of Healing - as I already have no mana problems and its the only one that increases throughput).

thank you for the additions.

i will book mark this :D

6. Thank you for the reply ,
    Yes, I did, and I failed to notice. Anywhere, here's a link to a build such as that:
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVcbuZfxtcz0VihMeuio

I can't speak to the effect of those guides, since I do not use nor follow them. As a Holy Priest, Power Word: Shield should be used rarely - only when there is no Discipline Priest around, and only when you can safely predict damage on that person.
    Glyphs are fairly straightforward, thankfully. The minor glyphs are largely inconsequential, but the major ones I would choose from are: Glyph of Circle of Healing (for raids), Glyph of Praying of Healing (again, for raids), Glyph of Flash Heal, Glyph of Renew and Glyph of Guardian Spirit.
    I don't recommend Glyph of Spirit of Redemption for the same reason I posted above for not speccing into it.
    You can choose based on preference, whichever you feel will serve you best given whatever situation and size of a group you are healing for and how geared you are.

7. Holy ussually goes for Glyph of: CoH, Spirit of Redemption and third random (you can use reduced mana cost on Flash, my personal favourite is Glyph of Prayer of Healing - as I already have no mana problems and its the only one that increases throughput).
    ups.. I made a mistake - I meant Glyph of Guardian Spirit, not Spirit of Redemption
    Edited: June 21, 2016

8. July 7, 2016  
    The build in the first link is... strange. I'm not sure what its purpose is, but I don't think it out-performs other proper Holy talent builds. The second one is also a little bit odd, since it looks like it's trying to be a Renew build, but it's picking up Seredipity (which is less useful for Renew gameplay) and leaving out Test of Faith (which is stronger than Seredipity for the Renew-spam play-style).

There are 3 proper Holy builds. Variation is up to personal preference at points, but I'll briefly explain what each are for without writing a novel.

1. Low gear spec.
    This build assumes your gear is terrible and that you would be doing content appropriate for that gear (5 and 10-man content).
    Renew is less of a priority spell, and usually something you'll only use on a tank or someone that is taking constant damage. Most of the time, you will be casting direct heals; such as Flash Heal to build Seredipity stacks, then Greater Heal when you need to nuke heal (often on the tank).
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbuZdxtccMVih0euio

2. 5-man dungeon & 10-man raid spec.
    This build is intended to be versatile. Points can be taken from talents that boost things you feel you don't use to invest in mana efficiency if necessary. If you are geared, this shouldn't be necessary. This build allows you to nuke & flash heal when necessary, but also capable of group-healing and utilizing Renew at its full strength.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbuZfvzcb0VihoeuAo

3. 25-man raid "Renew spec".
    This build focuses on the healing of large groups. You will find yourself regularly using Renew and using Circle of Healing & Prayer of Mending usually on cooldown. This spec can also make effective use of Prayer of Healing when you need to help heal entire groups through periods of large damage. Seredipity isn't take because it requires you to Flash Heal or Binding Heal to utilize it. These aren't things you will be doing when performing this role, especially without having the talent "Surge of Light". Those points were taken and invested in Blessed Resilience instead, since it provides a flat healing increase. Healing Focus is considered a "filler talent" due to this build largely relying on instant cast spells. It is better to put this point here than in Divine Fury, since you will never use Greater Heal with this build, but the pushback resistance can be useful when casting Prayer of Healing.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVsbu0hZsEzcbMVVhG0uAo

Spirit of Redemption.
    This is a preference talent. If you never die, you will never utilize it. However, if you or the group you are playing with are doing progression into difficult content, then you can consider taking it. For farm content, ithe angel portion is largely useless. The exception to all of this being the 5% spirit it grants which is worth both some regen and some spell power. All things should be considered before deciding to take or not to take it.

Lightwell.
    Great spell, except that nobody ever clicks it. Therefore, useless.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I hope you find this useful.
    Ty for that Mercy, i was looking for a talent tree for Holy Priest, hehe :P

9. July 7, 2016  
    Ty for that Mercy, i was looking for a talent tree for Holy Priest, hehe :P
    If you aren't having mana problems, raiding 25 man, and want a renew spec, this is what I'm running on my priest.
    https://wotlk.evowow.com/?talent#bVcbhbhZfE0cbMqihG0uVo

10. July 9, 2016  
    If you aren't having mana problems, raiding 25 man, and want a renew spec, this is what I'm running on my priest.
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/talent#bVcbhbhZfE0cbMqihG0uVo

no desperate player , no searing light, no serendipity , no test of faith.

any specific reason for this build?

11. no desperate player , no searing light, no serendipity , no test of faith.

any specific reason for this build?
    Yes, it's called a renew build, as stated in the quote you made. It's focused on healing multiple targets instead of one or two.

Although..
    Desperate Prayer is only useful in pvp as a "Bauble" to use on yourself.
    Searing Light is damage related.
    Serendipity has no use when you aren't using the large single-target heals.
    Test of Faith? I'll use it in a 10 man with a different build. If the other healer(s) are making me do the big damage healing then they should probably learn to press buttons. I find it more enjoyable to just keep the raid above 50% health than to sit around waiting to heal people up because they got too low.

Playing a Priest as a tank healer is about as wrong as telling your Paladin to replace a Druid. No matter how versatile a class spec may seem, they each have their strong points. Paladins will always be the best at healing large chunks of damage, Druids/Priests are optimal for keeping multiple people topped off, and Shamans, which are somewhere in the middle, not quite amazing at big heals or raid healing but still do a nice job. Disc Priests are in their own league with prevention of damage.

This is my Priest, I'll most likely have the holy gear on for the next 4-6 hours.
    Don't mind my glyphs, I'm testing different sets.
    Edited: July 11, 2016

12. nice

although i see you are a shadow :)

this is mine as of now.. any suggestions for this??

http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/talents

13. hello again people :D

with all the tips in this thread and other threads and also various guides i got from this forum..

this is what my priest stands as of now.. I am running Fos/pos and other rdf daily.. so hopefully i'l be gearing up soon enough..

now.. the problem which all the priests face at this level.. running OOM.. i run with people where i keep firing flash heals most of the time and renew just to top off .. and prayer of mending is always on CD. i find myself using CoH a lot. as its too good to not use..

so.. should i change anything in this play style ? or change any glyphs or talents?

suggestions and reasons please..
    and thanks in advance :)

14. hello again people :D

with all the tips in this thread and other threads and also various guides i got from this forum..

this is what my priest stands as of now.. I am running Fos/pos and other rdf daily.. so hopefully i'l be gearing up soon enough..

now.. the problem which all the priests face at this level.. running OOM.. i run with people where i keep firing flash heals most of the time and renew just to top off .. and prayer of mending is always on CD. i find myself using CoH a lot. as its too good to not use..

so.. should i change anything in this play style ? or change any glyphs or talents?

suggestions and reasons please..
    and thanks in advance :)
    You could get Mental Agility talent from disc tree and use renew more (should be enough most of the time since you glyphed it), Flash Heal only when necessary. (also maybe 2/2 surge of light to have more free FH procs). I am also not a fan of dropping Spirit of Redemption -> 5% spirit is quite significant mana-regen. You can try to skip Prayer of Mending - I believe it still mostly just overheals (heals before dmg is taken instead of after) = just wasted mana, unless it's fixed.

12 Last