1. Character Draw Distance/Game Object Distance - Suggestion

As I have seen other servers do before without any side effects such as negative lag/high latency... would you consider improving the draw distance as to how far you can see players/npcs/etc...? I only ask this ---- IF ---- it can be accomplished without ANY negative side effects.

P.S. Also as a side note.. When walking up to certain game objects, they don't load until i'm like 5-8 feet away. They fade out any further than that.

Let me know what you think.

If not, close this.

2. This would be awesome, especially for Rare hunting, also the ability to target enemies from far away in BGs.

3. Isn't that client side/engine related = If so they couldn't do anything server side, where servers you saw that running wotlk patch 3.3.5a as well?

4. try this

/console farclip 2000
    /console horizonfarclip 7000

5. Isn't that client side/engine related = If so they couldn't do anything server side, where servers you saw that running wotlk patch 3.3.5a as well?
    try this

/console farclip 2000
    /console horizonfarclip 7000

Its not a client side matter. I have my settings maxed out even further with macros. You can only do so much with the client. On the 1.12.1 Nostalrius server, they increased the viewing distance via server-side so that you can see players a further distance.

6. I believe we are on par, if not just slightly smaller than retail's own visibility distance when compared side by side. I personally see no real reason to increase it further than it is currently.

7. I believe we are on par, if not just slightly smaller than retail's own visibility distance when compared side by side. I personally see no real reason to increase it further than it is currently.
    That's all I need to know. Just keep in mind, it would be a nice optimization to add. But I understand given the circumstances and I thank you for the reply.

Was purely a suggestion.

8. Really?

I believe we are on par, if not just slightly smaller than retail's own visibility distance when compared side by side. I personally see no real reason to increase it further than it is currently.
    Personally, I think the view distance is far too short. I'm very confident that the view distance in retail is quite a good bit greater than that of warmane. I'd go as far as to say it's probably about half. The view distance is by far the biggest drag on the experience of playing on this server. I understand if there are performance implications, if these settings are increased but there must be some sort of increase that can be managed? It's just a shame it's not player preference that allows to decide this...