1. Here's the deal: A shadow priest is more of a support along with great dps, while frost mages deal damage and ccs purely, but better than priests.
    Personally I just like shadow priests too much xD.

2. i don't play wotlk here but i did years ago, and i played retail. my main on retail has always been a spriest :)

in bg's.. it's personal preference. spriest is better imo [totally bias]. if u go mage, i would rather go fire or arcane then frost. fire being my preferred considering i love dots clearly :D

in world pvp/duels. spriest is the best caster dueler in wotlk. with dk as the best melee dueler.

in arena.. mage is better, even more so if u get a good comp/partner. shadow will get tunneled and ur partner will get ignored like the ugly friend that goes with u to parties. if u can handle playing under that pressure then priest may be fun for u in arena. i personally love being tunneled, i feel weird if i'm not. i don't know any bugs that currently exist on the wotlk realms so that may change some of this. another thing to take in consideration, is what are the most played comps in 2's at the rating ur aiming for? if ur constantly gonna lose as 1 of those classes cos the common comps dominate that class's good comps, then u may find more enjoyment playing the other :P

spriest takes skill despite what these nabs are saying lol. and anyone who loses to dp spam is a huge nab lol

3. I actually don't agree with spriest being the best pvp/duel class. Not even close actually. I actually feel like they are the worst of warlock Mage and spriest. A high end Mage is pretty much unbeatable in 1v1. It is just harder to get to that level of play compared to he others

4. July 5, 2016  
    I actually don't agree with spriest being the best pvp/duel class. Not even close actually. I actually feel like they are the worst of warlock Mage and spriest. A high end Mage is pretty much unbeatable in 1v1. It is just harder to get to that level of play compared to he others
    there's this thing called line of sight.

5. July 6, 2016  
    And? Doesn't take away from what I just said. I'm mean. Both are top of the line in pvp. A lot of this is just bias towards a class you like. Like I said. Mage is harder to master and less forgiving if you make a mistake. A Highly skilled Mage is easily one of the best if not the best one v one class compared to another class of equal skill. They just have so much utility.

6. July 7, 2016  
    Ha we are talking classes now in terms of dueling strength... right ok.

Assuming everybody plays perfectly:

* Warlock and mage both beat Spriest
    * Mage beats lock through max range kiting
    * Lock beats most things that can beat a mage

7. July 7, 2016  
    In proper duel neither lock or mage will ever catch priest when theres a tree to hide behind. Duels in open field are pointless since you dont pvp in open in arena or bg.

Same goes for lock vs. mage, have fun max range kiting if lock is hugging the tree and dotting mage with pet micro

I played mage in bgs for some time, 50k+ kills as arcane and fire. Then I tried priest and never went back. Just much more fun being able to 1v1 anyone (except full cd dks) and not dying in 1v2-3 situations vs. lower gs since you have selfheal from damage and dispel
    Edited: July 7, 2016

8. Would like to hear more input on this topic.

9. Ice mages are not very rewarding in BGs, cos they take lots of time to kill someone. Simply ICE is so slow so eaven when you are BiS u never get satisfaction of facerolling, unlike locks or sprists. Arcane has great dmg but with arcane your 1v1 potential is terrible. This is the reason why you dont see lots of mages. Also mages get facerolled by hunters, and locks and sprists.

Locks are fine and really strong 1v1 if they have right pet on the field. So not having right pet on the field or forgething to cast circle, and thoes pesky soul shard farming can be pain in a ***. Thing is warriors of rougs cant touch you if you have right pet on the field, but if you dont... you are dead in sec.

Sprists are best of the 3. They are like locks 2.0. great in duels and really hard to kill (expecially if you go full rez) I dont know of any class that can kill good sprist with 1300-1400 rez. Not eaven DK, cos prist can remove dissases. High rez with HoT from dots. Only bad thing about sprist is low mana poll. And yes, sprist can kill both locks and mages easylly. Sprist are like locks that gave up some dmg for surviability.

This is basicly why u mostly see sprist, than locks and very few mages.

10. I have never seen so much misinformation in one thread.

11. Anybody know some pros and cons of each?

Also what about class their counter classes?

Can we add warlock to this mix too
    Edited: August 9, 2016

12. OK
    1 only arena is a pvp rest like bg's or RNG builds is for donor without brain
    2 only one mage can be in arena and must be frost rest is for donors RNG without brain,
    3 if you are weak get spriest or dikej = rate without brain without gear without donate, easy 1800
    4 i know tha cos i play spriest or dikej
    5 WARBRINGERS IS NOT PVP cos look first point
    /CLAP

13. 3 if you are weak get spriest or dikej = rate without brain without gear without donate, easy 1800
    Truthfulh statements "dk faceroll", "dk nobrain" have a fair chance to summon Elipas.
    Also i do not agree with you statement about SP as faceroll class.
    Edited: October 4, 2016

First 123 Last