1. Are frost mages really THAT hard?

I heard that frost mages are one of the hardest classes and I want to create one in icecrown to come back to wow again.
    Could anyone recommend a good guide for me or maybe even teach me?:)
    Thanks for help!

2. I mean, i might be bad, but to me of all the classes i tried, mages are the biggest secrets so far.

3. Check some videos, read some solid guides, use arena spectator and, of course, practise practise practise ! If you are an experienced wow player, it shouldn´t be such big of a problem. Obviously, classes like pala,dk or warr are considerably more rewarding with somehow lower skill, but as long as you know the basics you should be perfectly fine with mage.

4. Obviously, classes like pala,dk or warr are considerably more rewarding with somehow lower skill.
    WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Have you ever gone beyond 2.2k with a warrior? Do you have any idea how many macros you need as a warrior to be even "average"? Disarm, Spell Reflection, Pummel, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Enraged Regeneration, Shattering Throw, Charge, Intercept, Intervene, just to name the most basic ones. Do you have any idea how painful every arena match beyond 2.2k is for a warrior? Mage is one of THE easiest classes in the game, being able to go above 2k with just basic things like sheeping and kiting, deadzoning warriors & hunters. Frost mages have one of the strongest controls from all available specs & classes in the game. A half-naked mage can beat a full BiS SMourne warr with little trouble and you call mages "hard"? How can you ever call mages harder than warriors??? Wow, just... wow. Wow, really, I don't know what to say. 11 years of WoW and someone comes here & says "warriors have lower skill cap than mages". Just ****ing wow! Hahahaha!

The only way I can see warriors as "easy" is if you're getting lolstormed in the face in battlegrounds by warriors with pocket healers and you don't use any defensive, like IB, barrier or even ****ing Blink. I just have no other ideas.

@ItsWrathful - No, they're not hard at all. Once you get the basic ideas of kiting and controlling your opponent, you can kill melees without them even touching you. Casters take a bit more effort, but are manageable too - good timing of Deep Freeze and Counterspell are key against them. Against melees it doesn't matter - you autowin most of the time.
    Edited: July 15, 2016

5. You can't even compare the skill it takes to play a warrior with the skill it takes to play a mage in arena. Mage is just 10x harder. This is coming from a 2,5k war/hpala hero who was too **** to play a real class when AT was relevant.

6. A half-naked mage can beat a full BiS SMourne warr with little trouble
    Would like to see that.

7. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Have you ever gone beyond 2.2k with a warrior? Do you have any idea how many macros you need as a warrior to be even "average"? Disarm, Spell Reflection, Pummel, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Enraged Regeneration, Shattering Throw, Charge, Intercept, Intervene, just to name the most basic ones. Do you have any idea how painful every arena match beyond 2.2k is for a warrior? Mage is one of THE easiest classes in the game, being able to go above 2k with just basic things like sheeping and kiting, deadzoning warriors & hunters. Frost mages have one of the strongest controls from all available specs & classes in the game. A half-naked mage can beat a full BiS SMourne warr with little trouble and you call mages "hard"? How can you ever call mages harder than warriors??? Wow, just... wow. Wow, really, I don't know what to say. 11 years of WoW and someone comes here & says "warriors have lower skill cap than mages". Just ****ing wow! Hahahaha!

The only way I can see warriors as "easy" is if you're getting lolstormed in the face in battlegrounds by warriors with pocket healers and you don't use any defensive, like IB, barrier or even ****ing Blink. I just have no other ideas.

@ItsWrathful - No, they're not hard at all. Once you get the basic ideas of kiting and controlling your opponent, you can kill melees without them even touching you. Casters take a bit more effort, but are manageable too - good timing of Deep Freeze and Counterspell are key against them. Against melees it doesn't matter - you autowin most of the time.
    Well the reason a half naked frost mage can kill a warrior is because frost mages naturally counter warriors. Its that simple. Yet again most frost mages say hunters counter frost mages. It is again that simple. (Not counting skill in here)

8. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Have you ever gone beyond 2.2k with a warrior? Do you have any idea how many macros you need as a warrior to be even "average"? Disarm, Spell Reflection, Pummel, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Enraged Regeneration, Shattering Throw, Charge, Intercept, Intervene, just to name the most basic ones. Do you have any idea how painful every arena match beyond 2.2k is for a warrior? Mage is one of THE easiest classes in the game, being able to go above 2k with just basic things like sheeping and kiting, deadzoning warriors & hunters. Frost mages have one of the strongest controls from all available specs & classes in the game. A half-naked mage can beat a full BiS SMourne warr with little trouble and you call mages "hard"? How can you ever call mages harder than warriors??? Wow, just... wow. Wow, really, I don't know what to say. 11 years of WoW and someone comes here & says "warriors have lower skill cap than mages". Just ****ing wow! Hahahaha!

You got to be joking :D I've played warrior at around 2.4 and mage at around 2.6, i can say that warriors definately has more room for mistakes, especially in the below 2k brackets. And you want to talk macros? How many macros do you think mages got ? :)
    Mages are very punishing, get dispelled 1 times to many? No barrier, waste a blink? You're dead. Overextend? Any class in the game will do 80% of your health within 5 seconds.
    To play top warrior ofcourse there's a high skill cap, to play mage there's a high skillcap aswell, but warriors can definately get higher with less practice.

9. WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? Have you ever gone beyond 2.2k with a warrior? Do you have any idea how many macros you need as a warrior to be even "average"? Disarm, Spell Reflection, Pummel, Shield Wall, Recklessness, Enraged Regeneration, Shattering Throw, Charge, Intercept, Intervene, just to name the most basic ones. Do you have any idea how painful every arena match beyond 2.2k is for a warrior? Mage is one of THE easiest classes in the game, being able to go above 2k with just basic things like sheeping and kiting, deadzoning warriors & hunters. Frost mages have one of the strongest controls from all available specs & classes in the game. A half-naked mage can beat a full BiS SMourne warr with little trouble and you call mages "hard"? How can you ever call mages harder than warriors??? Wow, just... wow. Wow, really, I don't know what to say. 11 years of WoW and someone comes here & says "warriors have lower skill cap than mages". Just ****ing wow! Hahahaha!

You are saying that war is harder ? just look wotlk ladders and tell me how much there are war and how much there are mages, i played mage at 3k rating and war at 2.3k rating, and mage is way harder then war.

10. With solid/bis gear warriors become so mucheasier to climb ladder then mages.
    Mages are good when paired with good haste setup/trinkets and with solid/high skill and proper comp.If you can multitask you will do good.
    Example is simple Frost Nova to root a player while healer is cced,silenced or in any form not able to dispell simple root while being under pressure thus rendering melee (in this case ) unable to do anything.

11. A braindead warr can reach 2k easily just by rolling his face on the keyboard. Warr/pal/dk are defenitely the easiest classes of the game, and as if by coincidence (lol) 46% of the pvp'er play one of these....

12. A high skillfloor doesnt mean that the skillcap isnt high though. People always claim that dk and wars are easymode, but a properly amazing dk or warrior is just as good as a amazing mage or rogue. Its just that a bad rogue or mage totally sucks while a bad dk or war is still sort of ok.

13. skillcapped frost mage, holy ****. the pressure is immense. the dream is true. polymorph spam is considerred as SKILLCAP =DDDD

14. A horrible warrior pressing only charge and damaging abilities is still not bad, same with a DK. You can be really **** but with a healer and gear and pressing 1 2 and 3 a lot you will still win quite a bit.

A mage that only presses max rank Frostbolt, FFB and lance is horrible, and everything can beat it, nothing will lose to it. You need to be quite good just to start seeing results as a mage, while as most other classes you dont.

That is what makes mages hard, not the skillcap but the skillfloor.

12 Last