1. How raids were ruined

EDIT: AS LATE AS APRIL 21, 2016 THE FORUM THREAD FOR LORDAERON'S REALM INFORMATION HAD NO MENTION THAT RAID DIFFICULTY WOULD BE INCREASED ON THE SERVER. OTHER THAN FEEDBACK FROM OTHER PLAYERS, THERE WAS NO WAY FOR PLAYERS TO KNOW THAT RAIDS DIFFICULTY WOULD INCREASE.
    SOURCE: https://web.archive.org/web/20160421...lm-Information

By the way - Huge props to Warmane for allowing criticism like this. This thread is pretty critical of them so I thought it may get deleted. They did change the title, but I'm fine with that and it doesn't bother me.

I honestly feel that Warmane has ruined much of the fun of raiding on this server. Now I can already hear a few of you keying away about how I'm just too noob, but that doesn't bother me.

Other than Naxxramus, I feel that Blizzard almost perfected WotLK raiding. It is the perfect combination to appeal to anyone and everyone.
    Hardcore raiders were happy having a challenge in heroic versions
    Casual raiders got to challenge themselves in normals and choice heroic bosses
    Players short on time could slowly gear up through OS / VoA and attempt easy raids when they found time

I do not understand how anyone could not be happy with this set-up. If heroics were too easy for even the hardcore raiders, why could warmane not just tune those up so the rest of us could enjoy content since they seem so keen on appeasing hardcore players. The developers even had a poll if ONLY Naxx should have an increase in difficulty, here http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=304622. Only 14% of those polled said they wished for an increase in difficulty. The last post in the thread is a mod posting that "To clear any doubts, we will decide between the two first options, either leaving it the actual version or with some hp/dmg buffs for bosses".

Yet you completely threw out the results, went against 86% of the community, and buffed naxxramus. Not only did you buff it, but you buffed it by 200-300% in some instances. And not only did you buff naxxramus, but you decided it was a good idea to buff every other raid as well by huge margins.

I cannot understand the logic. Warmane administrators cannot tell me they are surprised that player are leaving for Icecrown or other servers. There is no reason for raids to be so difficult that the normal modes are barely possible unless you have gear better than that which drops. I also disagree with the massive buffs to VoA because I feel that those were made, and should be made, to be completely puggable. Raiding guilds should not have to spend their raiding time running these and they are a perfect way for players without as much time or too variable of a schedule to join a raiding guild to slowly gear up.

I realize many of you will read this as a bunch of QQ, but as a US player its frustrating to see what has been done to this server. I loved retail WotLK. And yes, I know people say this server is not made to be "blizzlike", but lets be honest, almost no one knew that leveling up. I sure as hell didn't, and when I hit 80 in my leveling guild I asked if anyone knew that raids had been buffed 200-300% and of the four or five people whom responded, all were in shock. I came here for as close to a blizzlike experience as possible and I know a large percent of Lordaeron players did the same. We came here for the huge populations and the good scripting. It's no shock that some are leaving after realizing it's not as blizzlike as they imagined.

I understand much of the fun comes from the difficulty. But I feel I stand for most retail players when I say I still found a ton of difficulty in normal modes in retail WotLK. The fun comes from the challenge, overcoming barriers, obtaining loot. I would apologize to hardcore players who find normal modes to be a breeze, except for the fact that there was already an answer to their problems, and that's heroic modes. As a normal, casual player I see no fun in Warmane's version of extremely slow progression for loot that is a side-grade at best, and disenchanted most of the time.

I'm sure part of the reason is monetary. In hopes that players find raiding too difficult so they turn to the store. But I cannot imagine that players leaving is leaving the server more profitable than if it had been blizzlike with more players.

The population during US time is already low and the excess difficulty has only made it decrease over the past month. Very few raiding guilds exist and many are having difficulty even recruiting players for 10 man. All of this combined has made raiding not fun.

I really hope you change your ways, Warmane.

Edit: I know people are going to see this as a rant and a bunch of complaining, but that's because that is is exactly what this is. I'm not going to pretend that's not what this is after typing out a few hundred words of complaints.
    Edited: June 19, 2016

2. ya should of read http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301200 before starting to play there. most knew from the beginning it wasn't going to be blizzlike.

"Raid Difficulty enhanced with increased damage and health pools based on community progress" kinda hard to miss that line.

also the realm is made how the staff want it, not the players. from what i remember it was originally going to be a staff only realm, but players got wind of it and wanted in.

if you're not happy with how lord works, you can always join us on icecrown, or look else where for a 1x blizzclone.

3. I see you throwing around unsupported claims as fact such as that apparently most knew that it wasn't going to be blizzlike. Sure, maybe most regulars of Warmane/Corecraft who regularly use the forums knew, but I would assume the vast majority of players do not use the forums, and the vast majority did not read the forum post you linked before starting the server.
    They saw that this was the most populated WotLK server and wanted a go at it. Also, if I were to read that original post, I would not have assumed that "difficulty enhanced with increased damage and health pool" meant buffs at the extent that were implemented. I would not have assumed 200-300% buffs, I would have just assumed ones to put it in align with class changes made in patches up to 3.3.5.

Furthermore, I already stated in my original post that I know the server apparently was not meant to be blizz-like, but that leads to the question. Why ask the community in the first place if it should be blizzlike if you are going to go completely against their vote? To make an allusion that the community has a voice? I realize that it's their server and they can do with it what they please, but that doesn't make them immune to criticism and requests such as the ones I made in this thread.

I would also join icecrown if not for the fact that the server has been out for so long, and so many guilds and players have top gear in the game. Also no raids are really ran except for ICC. It takes away from the blizz-like feel that I feel a private server should have. And as I also explained in my first post, I would join for a more blizzlike server except that this is the most populated server by far, and I think population is one of the most important factors in making a server fun.

4. I see you throwing around unsupported claims as fact such as that apparently most knew that it wasn't going to be blizzlike. Sure, maybe most regulars of Warmane/Corecraft who regularly use the forums knew, but I would assume the vast majority of players do not use the forums, and the vast majority did not read the forum post you linked before starting the server.
    They saw that this was the most populated WotLK server and wanted a go at it. Also, if I were to read that original post, I would not have assumed that "difficulty enhanced with increased damage and health pool" meant buffs at the extent that were implemented. I would not have assumed 200-300% buffs, I would have just assumed ones to put it in align with class changes made in patches up to 3.3.5.
    not exactly warmanes fault people aren't bright enough to read up on what they're getting into before jumping in head first. and while you may not have assumed it would be 200-300% buffed, you shouldn't of assumed it was only going to be a small buff either. there was massive amounts of info given out in that thread, if you bothered to take the time to read it.

Furthermore, I already stated in my original post that I know the server apparently was not meant to be blizz-like, but that leads to the question. Why ask the community in the first place if it should be blizzlike if you are going to go completely against their vote? To make an allusion that the community has a voice? I realize that it's their server and they can do with it what they please, but that doesn't make them immune to criticism and requests such as the ones I made in this thread.
    just because they ask for player opinion doesn't mean that players have a deciding vote in what happens. in the end the staff have final say on everything, they simple take players votes into consideration. like it or not warmanes not a democracy.

I would also join icecrown if not for the fact that the server has been out for so long, and so many guilds and players have top gear in the game. Also no raids are really ran except for ICC. It takes away from the blizz-like feel that I feel a private server should have. And as I also explained in my first post, I would join for a more blizzlike server except that this is the most populated server by far, and I think population is one of the most important factors in making a server fun.
    fair enough.

5. I'm sorry but assumptions are a part of life. That is what the users were doing. You similarly made an assumption that it was worth your time to read up on a server before playing it. They just happened to make a different one.

I think both sides have a pretty fair argument, as it's not difficult to see how some would assume that when you hear a server is progressive release and 1x that it will be blizzlike. It's also not difficult to see your side in how it's worth seeing if anything happens to be changed before playing a server.

just because they ask for player opinion doesn't mean that players have a deciding vote in what happens. in the end the staff have final say on everything, they simple take players votes into consideration. like it or not warmanes not a democracy.
    Yup that's about what I said.. Just reworded in a less critical way.
    Edited: June 18, 2016

6. I
    I realize many of you will read this as a bunch of QQ, but as a US player i.
    I found OP's problem

7. I'm sorry but assumptions are a part of life.
    Some assumptions are worth verifying before diving in.

8. What if i tell you, that after MOLTDOWN Community voted against opening of x1 realm?

9. sounds like a bunch of guys with l2p issues )) this server is not for you go away and dont come back , thanks.

10. ya should of read http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=301200 before starting to play there. most knew from the beginning it wasn't going to be blizzlike.

"Raid Difficulty enhanced with increased damage and health pools based on community progress" kinda hard to miss that line.
    I'd bet large amounts of money on that quote not being there for a very long time. It was last updated in May, so I wouldn't be surprised they added that just then. Could be wrong obviously. Personally I don't care anymore, all I play here is PvP anyway.

11. What happened with Archavon on VoA anyway? He has been missing for two weeks now so I have to guess thats not simply a bug because they would have fixed it immediatly (I hope). Is this a new hardcore feature where we remove previous tier raid bosses to make it harder to gear up or something? (sorry for the sarcasm don't mean to insult anyone just pointing out the logic).

There is already a big wall for all new players who are just starting when it comes to catching up with the current tier (ulduar) so things like that make it even more repulsive for new people to actually put any effort if they have to spend 3 months to be done with the previous tier.

What I want to say is, that I really have no problem for the hardcore feel and the buffs on CURENT tier raids, but for the love of god give some incentives to new players who grind their way to 80 to stay on the server, by making previous raid tier way more accessible than it is atm (naxx,os, and apparently respawning archavon). Naxx 10 nerfs were on the right direction and same things should be done with Naxx 25. No one said to nerf Ulduar or Emalon yet as guilds are still progressing on current tier.
    Otherwise we will simply end up with a core of 3k people who are already high end raiding with no prospects of renewal from fresh players simply because they are put off by the amount of time it requires to simply catch up with the current raiding tiers. (Mind that I am not a new player and I am already past the first tier of raids)

12. sounds like a bunch of guys with l2p issues )) this server is not for you go away and dont come back , thanks.
    Sorry fat boy, but I'm at university, and I don't have time to raid till 2 am everyday. Thats why I left Lordaeron, u can't find a social raiding guild, because every guild is tryharding and only talk to each other when they are raiding.

Icecrown has the same things that lordaeron has + all the other wotlk dungeons and raids, so why would I waste time tryharding insted of having fun doing content ? Everyone was just waiting for the merge and the core of Lordaeron to be updated in Icrecrown, of course everybody left, most of the guild can't raid and those who can are behing torn apart because of the bad ambient between players

13. of course everybody left
    > 9800 players online
    > everybody left

14. Icecrown has the same things that lordaeron has + all the other wotlk dungeons and raids, so why would I waste time tryharding insted of having fun doing content ? Everyone was just waiting for the merge and the core of Lordaeron to be updated in Icrecrown, of course everybody left, most of the guild can't raid and those who can are behing torn apart because of the bad ambient between players
    If wasting time tryharding harder content is not fun for you then I guess wasting time doing content on Icecrown is a better solution. "Everyone left!" (10k Online daily)

I'd bet large amounts of money on that quote not being there for a very long time. It was last updated in May, so I wouldn't be surprised they added that just then. Could be wrong obviously. Personally I don't care anymore, all I play here is PvP anyway.
    Well, you would lose I guess. I started playing on Lordaeron last November and I knew that Lordaeron would be a Hardcore realm and that the bosses would be buffed.

@OP: So many words.. Was there some other point than: "I didn't know this server was hardcore and would've preferred a blizzclone server." ?

Well I'm sorry you didn't know. I guess next time you'll know better and read up on what server you are starting on. I don't really see the point in ranting over this topic, they will nerf bosses over time, just like they have done in the past few months. If you want to get gear for free as a casual player, try out Icecrown.

Warmane is giving you 2 options for Wotlk raiding, now that you know the choices, pick one and play there. You hate both Lordaeron and Icecrown? Ok, go somewhere else/quit/deal with it. Your opinion or the communitys opinion doesn't matter at all, it's all about Kaers vision of Lordaeron. Ranting over the design features of Lordaeron is like going to McDonalds and ranting: "Why aren't you selling meatball subs here?! Me and my friends came here assuming we can buy subs and you are only selling Bic Macs! I sure hope McDonalds changes their ways.."

Warmane has 2 amazing wotlk servers, pick one and enjoy or find something that fits you better.

EDIT:
    Yet you completely threw out the results, went against 86% of the community, and buffed naxxramus.
    * Went against 38% of the people who voted in this poll and didn't leave naxx as blizzclone.
    Edited: June 19, 2016

15. I came here for the specific reason of upscaled raiding in mind, to be challenged.
    This was my mantra during vanilla aswell, guess what, it was ruined by a community whining to the devs about it beeing too hard for them to finish, feeling left out, ****ting on the dedicated people.
    Now its happening on Lordaeron aswell, people who level up blizzfully ignorant about the current raiding situation only to whine and whine on the forums about it beeing "impossible" and "ruined".
    I dont understand why you people simply cant reroll on Icecream or any other server with blizzlike raids, instead you come here, looking to change it to what you want, ruining it for people like me who came here for the difficulty.

Raids on Lordaeron are not ruined, they are exactly what they promised their players, hard.
    Stop ****ing it up for the rest because you dont like it.

123 ... Last