1. Should I roll shammy?

WRATH ONLY

Ok, now that that's over...

I want to play as a DPS and healer in PVVE, with the occasional (frequent) world pvp and bg (where I plan to dps).

Is an elemental/Resto shammy right for me? Or should I go with one of the other 3 dps/healers?

2. Depends what your play style is like, but I recommend Shaman to the fullest extent. It used to be my favorite class to play as.

3. +1, Shamans are a really good class.
    Their Burst is unequaled in PvP and they are feared for it, they have many nice tools to piss off enemies (AOE root from earthbind, Wind Shear, Grounding totem, Purge). So in PvP they absolutely kick ***

In PvE I love them, too. But you have to accept some facts about the class:
    - your optimal rotation is going to be Flame Shock -> Lava Burst -> Lightning Bolt. That can become a bit dull at times, but with an easy rotation you at least have time to focus on the Boss mechanics ;)
    - I have currently a gearscore of about 6k (with some healer stuff though) and I never make it into the top 10 DPS of our 25 man raids. So you have to not mind that either. Hunter, Mages, Boomkins all just do more DPS/have better AoE. I used to play boomkin and at frirst that bothered me , but now I am just used to it and honestly dont care that much :)

So: Shamans rock !!