1. Why would a Draenei choose Shamanism?

Topic. I don't mean the Broken, I mean a regular ol' Average Joe Draenei.

2. Because the Alliance needed a shaman race? #metagame

3. I never played Draenei shaman before. Do their quests imply anything about Draenei shamanism?

Then again, not all Draeneis are overdevoted with the Light. There's the extreme case of an Aldor joining a Man'ari due to loss of faith (although later had said faith renewed before the Man'ari killed him)

From a bio of a Draenei Shaman in my addon, they were raised among the Broken (not Broken themselves) and was taught shamanism by them
    Edited: June 20, 2016

4. Blizzard actually made a story, sort of trying to add at the end a reason for Draenei to consider shamanism - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lor...ory/unbroken/1

Basically Velen pitched in, trying to convince some of Draenei to learn from Nobundo. To be fair, not all Draenei would consider Velen's words as best proof of good intent - what with his decisions during the war with the Horde. Basically, a Draenei shaman, or seer as many preferred to call them on my old roleplay realm, wants to learn all this to help their friends, but to do so recquires to help the elements at times too and can't abuse the powers too much - as long as we ignore the retcon in Cataclysm and MoP.

As a Draenei shaman, you're most likely one of Nobundo's (or other Krokul) students, perhaps apprentice of those after they learned.