1. Leggings of the Fang

Hello,

I've been farming this item for a while, and in 18 runs it has yet to drop.

Based on a drop rate of around 18%, it should take on average 5.5 runs to see a drop. The probability of it not dropping in 18 runs is 2.8%.

It is possible for this to happen, so I want to know if this has dropped on the new core for anyone before I make a bug report (as I believe it is off the loot table).

Thanks for all help!

PS: Posted this in the twinking section as it is mostly twinks who would farm for this item.

2. I actually believe you answered yourself ;) If the probability of not droping is 2,8% its still possible! I remember when I farmed BRD for cloth epic head. Would have a dropchance of 5%. After 150 runs it hadn't drop. :(

3. Well, the chance of seeing it drop is 18% on every single try.

The 97.19% you refer to a statistic possibility, not the actual drop chance.

You can end with 1 million runs before seeing it if you are very unlucky (exaggerating).

4. You can be just unlucky. Took me 2 months just to get that bow Venomstrike on my hunt. Anything could happen.

5. Well, the chance of seeing it drop is 18% on every single try.

The 97.19% you refer to a statistic possibility, not the actual drop chance.

You can end with 1 million runs before seeing it if you are very unlucky (exaggerating).
    Yes I know.

My whole reasoning is that the unlikeliness of such an event (18 runs without a drop of a fairly common item) is so high that the loot table may be bugged. I will probably do a few more runs (5 more would mean 23 runs which has a 1% probability of not seeing a drop) before talking to QA.

The main point still stands, has anyone gotten the item recently?

6. Update

25 runs, no drop.

Probability of this happening? 0.7%

I'm guessing it's been moved off the loot table, and will open a bug report.

7. i farmed the legs today,got em on 2nd run

8. You can be just unlucky. Took me 2 months just to get that bow Venomstrike on my hunt. Anything could happen.
    w
    anted feet of the fang,got 2 bows instead...

9. i farmed the legs today,got em on 2nd run
    Did you kill only Lord cobrahn or do the whole dungeon?

10. Same here, did 23 ****ing runs with no luck. Like wtf, this item is supposed to have 17% drop rate...

11. Alright it finally dropped, 27 runs.

12. Hello What Realm are you guys on? Lordaeron or Icecrown?

13. I'm playing on Lordaeron, think they are 2