1. Multibox Raid Composition Critiques!

Realm: Icecrown
    Hello, I've had the dream of multiboxing ICC 25M HC for a while and now I finally have the time to work towards it rather seriously. I'm running ICC with my brother and dad, my dad will play only 1 character so the rest of the raid my brother and I will have to multibox.

This is my raid composition for a 10M, please give critiques! (E.g. why a certain class is bad and what class would be a better fit).

-------------------------------------------------------------
    ICC HC 10 Man
    Raid Buffs, Boss Debuffs

Protection Paladin - [Main Tank] - +1 Greater Blessing (of Kings/etc.), +1 aura, tanks the boss
    Unholy Death Knight - [Off Tank] - Horn of the Winter, Ebon Plague (+13% magic dmg taken), tanks the adds

Holy Paladin - [Main Heal] - +1 Greater Blessing (of Kings/etc.), +1 aura, heals the Main Tank
    Discipline Priest - [Off Heal] - Power Word: Fortitude, Divine Spirit, Shadow Resistance, heals the group

Elemental Shaman - [Spell Damage] - Bloodlust
    Balance Druid - [Spell Damage] - Thorns, Gift of the Wild, Faerie Fire(-5% armor), Insect Swarm (-3% hit), Earth and Moon(+13% magic damage)
    Demonology Warlock - [Spell Damage] - Demonic Pact (+10% of Warlock's spellpower), pet demon buff (+health OR +intellect), Improved Shadow Bolt (+5% spell crit chance)
    Shadow Priest - [Spell Damage] - .
    <Note that I have all armor classes covered for all the loot drops: cloth, leather, mail, plate>

Player Setup
    Dad:
    Protection Paladin - Main Tank

Brother:
    Unholy Death Knight - Off Tank <- this will be the window in focus, repeater region the Paladin spells
    Holy Paladin - Main Heal (following behind the Discipline priest)

Me:
    Discipline Priest - Raid Heal <- this will be the window in focus, repeater region on the Balance Druid for procs
    Balance Druid
    Elemental Shaman
    Demonology Warlock
    Shadow Priest x3

EDIT:
    Updated the list above.

DPS Testing
    @Blackrock PvP server, in ToC HC gear (around 5.6kgs), talent tree specced based on internet guides, focused gemmed spell power. buffed with only the class buffs (i.e. if I'm testing Shaman, I don't have Greater Blessing of Kings or Arcane Brilliance--only the shaman totem buffs and weapon enchant), tested dps with boss rotation (so no AoE spells like Mind Sear or Chain Lightning used, only Mind Flay or Lightning Bolt, etc)

Troll Elemental Shaman = ~5.8k dps, ~6.3k dps with Berserking, Bloodlust
    Set-Up: N/A
    Rotation: Flame Shock, Lava Burst, Lightning Bolt x5
    <Elemental Mastery macroed to activate whenever it is off cooldown, since I'm multiboxing do not want to pay much attention to timing to use this before casting Lava Burst, literal 1 button spam very easy to multibox>
    Multiboxing more than 1 benefits:
    Strength of Earth Totem (+155 strength +155 agility)
    Stoneskin Totem (+1150 armor)
    Earth/Fire Elemental/Searing (does damage)
    Flametongue Totem (+144 spell power)
    Fire/Frost/Nature Resistance Totem

Tauren Balance Druid = ~4.7k dps, ~5.1k dps with Treants, Starfall, Eclipse (Solar/Lunar) procced + Insect Swarm, Moonfire ticking
    Set-Up: Faerie Fire
    Rotation: Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Wrath x9 OR Starfire x4 (depending on Eclipse)
    <Starfall macroed to activate whenever it is off cooldown, playing druid somewhat effectively DOES actively require attention, you cannot just spam a button due to the Eclipse mechanism which is a little irritating for multiboxing>

Troll Shadow Priest = ~3.9k dps, ~4.2kdps with Berserking, Shadowfiend
    Set-up: Shadow Word: Pain
    Rotation: Vampiric Touch, Misery, Mind Blast, Mind Flay x2, Mind Blast, Mind Flay x2
    <Does have Power Word: Shield and Dispersion as damage reductions which can save them from Marrowgar's Bonestorm or whatever else AoE but overall the gameplay is a 1 button spam and pretty easy to multibox. not sure if the Power Word: shield survivability outweighs the DPS of any other spell damage classes>

Orc Affliction Warlock ~3.95k dps, ~4.1k dps with Blood Fury
    Set-up: Corruption
    Rotation: Haunt, Unstable Affliction, Curse of Agony, Shadow Bolt x3
    <Fel Hunter + Fel Armor + Spellstone are my buffs, the rotation is suboptimal but this would be the one I would use because this allows me to do a 1 button spam. however, every 35 seconds or so I need to take 4 secs to Life tap back to full mana.>
    Multiboxing more than 1 benefits:
    Curse of Elements(+5%magic damage done to boss)
    Curse of Tongues (-30% casting time for boss)
    Curse of Weakness (-attack power + -5% armor to boss)

Orc Demonology Warlock testing in progress
    Troll Fire Mage testing in progress
    Troll Arcane Mage testing in progress
    Troll Frost Mage testing in progress
    Edited: June 24, 2016

2. Im not so into pve boxing but the setup sounds pretty good.
    So ull have a four and a five man boxer and one seperated tank?
    It might be a bit tricky for the multiboxer who controls the unholy dk because its ur only melee dps who isnt a tank and ull always need to find special positioning for this single char.
    I would consider to replace the unholy dk with a demo lock. As far i know the dmg rotation of demo is easy to master and his raid buffs should be very beneficial.
    If u dont want to lose the ebon plague u could change the frost dk tank to unholy and use him as OT while the prot paly is the MT.

3. Thanks for the suggestion, I looked into it and realized that Unholy Tank is actually possible though it's more of an AOE tank (off tank) rather than single.

This WAS the player set up:
    Dad - Prot Paladin
    Bro - Unholy DK, Frost DK, Resto Druid
    Me - all spell dps, Holy Pala

I think I will actually do the unholy tank idea though.

Ooh interesting, why Demo Lock instead of an Afflication lock? Does demo lock have any procs that it needs to look out for? (For example, afflication locks have a talent called Nightfall where dmg has chance to make your next Shadowbolt instant. as I'm multiboxing I don't want to be looking out for procs.)

4. 1 paladin tank
    1 paladin or dk tank

1 disc priest
    5 shadow priest

1 shaman ele or resto depending on fight
    1 warlock or shadow priest depending on whether there is an unholy dk tank or not, generally keep if it's demo spec.

Your priests are being very badly managed if they are doing 4.2k dps with cooldowns at 5.6k gs. This is why your preference is the most important factor. If you want big burst dps, go arcane mages. If you have the skills to manage them and want utility, choose shadow priests. If you can't manage priests and your healing is lacking, go shaman.

5. Just checked demo lock rotation again and there is a proc called molten core.
    This proc should make it impossible to multibox demo lock to its full potential. Sadly...

About ur setup. I would never ever add more than one ele shami to ur team because shamis are really one of the worst dps in high end gear and u dont want sucky dps if ur goal is to raid ICC.

If u dont like spriests i would replace them with mm hunter.
    Mm hunter deal tons of dmg and the rotation is terrible easy to master.
    Edited: June 23, 2016

6. Thank you all for replies, I've been updating my original post to keep up with suggestions.

1 disc priest
    1 shaman ele or resto depending on fight
    1 warlock or shadow priest depending on whether there is an unholy dk tank or not, generally keep if it's demo spec.
    A discipline priest...? Disc priests are very good, but how do I multibox a disc priest? My main window is a tank or dps or whatever, and I will have a little grid to the side where I can click on nameplates -> priest will cast certain spell at the nameplate. I would only really be casting Renew, Power Word: Shield, or Flash Heal which completely under utilizes all the other spells the priest has. How do you max utilize the disc priest while multiboxing other classes?

I've never played Resto shaman, what role would it play? I thought Holy Paladin is the best single heal and Restoration Druid best group heal (due to its instant HoTs, cast on injured player and move on). only thing I can think of is Chain Heal, but doesn't that only heal 5 people while Druid HoTs (Tranquility, Lifebloom) can heal all? The biggest question I suppose is Can the shaman more easily heal while being multiboxed than either the Resto Druid or the Paladin?

I do have an unholy DK, does that mean I want the Demonology Warlock or the Shadow Priest?

Your priests are being very badly managed if they are doing 4.2k dps with cooldowns at 5.6k gs. This is why your preference is the most important factor. If you want big burst dps, go arcane mages. If you have the skills to manage them and want utility, choose shadow priests. If you can't manage priests and your healing is lacking, go shaman.
    I'm following the rotation to the best of my knowledge, I've posted my rotation up in my original post. I don't see how priest can get higher dps if it's on a boss (didnt test any of the classes on mobs, just 1 target dummy).

Big burst doesnt seem like it's better than sustained damage since my raid composition is geared towards big bosses. <- is this good line of reasoning? I always thought burst was for PvP.

Besides the shield, dispersion, divine hymn/hymn of hope what other utility is there for shadow priests?

Just checked demo lock rotation again and there is a proc called molten core.
    This proc should make it impossible to multibox demo lock to its full potential. Sadly...

About ur setup. I would never ever add more than one ele shami to ur team because shamis are really one of the worst dps in high end gear and u dont want sucky dps if ur goal is to raid ICC.

What?! My testing on Blackrock shows Shaman doing the most DPS out of all the classes I've tested so far... what is the best dps endgame? I found this site, but cmon... 18k dps? that does not sound realistic in 3.3.5. plate dps have something like 32k hp endgame so you're telling me 2 hits to kill a player? This site seemed more realistic to me, but I do see Elemental Shamans and Shadow Priests to be much lower in DPS ranking. Fire Mages seem to be the strongest caster option. I'll test them out after testing my warlocks.

Thanks for the hunter suggestion! I do want to focus on spell casters, however, to get benefits from Ebon Plague/Earth and Moon.

7. What?! My testing on Blackrock shows Shaman doing the most DPS out of all the classes I've tested so far...
    Maybe u messed up the rotation of the other classes.
    Inside of ICC a Spriests with t10 set should deal siginifciant higher dps than a equal geared ele shami.

what is the best dps endgame?
    The best endgame dps are Fury warrior, MM hunter and Fire mage.
    - Fire mage are impossible to controle as a multiboxer because the whole dps is based on the http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=48108 proc.
    - Fury warrior dmg priority should be possible to master except the http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=46915 proc for a instant slam.
    - MM hunter dmg priority is possible to master to its full potential as multiboxer. MM hunter has a pretty simple dmg priority and no procs at all. As multiboxer MM hunter should grant u the most dps.
    I found this site, but cmon... 18k dps? that does not sound realistic in 3.3.5. plate dps have something like 32k hp endgame so you're telling me 2 hits to kill a player? This site seemed more realistic to me, but I do see Elemental Shamans and Shadow Priests to be much lower in DPS ranking.
    I wouldn't believe in this retail dps statistics. A BiS geared blood dk for example deals the most dps of all DK specs but according to these statistics its on one of the lowest dps ranks.

Thanks for the hunter suggestion! I do want to focus on spell casters, however, to get benefits from Ebon Plague/Earth and Moon.
    If u really want to focus on caster i think that spriest would be the best choice once u are able to master their rotation.
    Add one ele shami for bl and the raid buffs. Shami could also switch to resto if more healers are required on certain boss encounter.
    U dont really need a lock in ur team when u have already +13% magic dmg from the unholy dk. http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47240 also shouldnt stack with http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=57722 of the ele shami. Not sure if this is fixed though.
    Also, stay away from boomkin. Its impossible to master the eclipse procs.

I suggest to use this raid compostion:
    Prot paly MT
    UH dk OT
    Hpala Tank healer
    Rdudu raid healer
    Ele shami with resto offspec
    5 spriests

8. A discipline priest...? Disc priests are very good, but how do I multibox a disc priest? My main window is a tank or dps or whatever, and I will have a little grid to the side where I can click on nameplates -> priest will cast certain spell at the nameplate. I would only really be casting Renew, Power Word: Shield, or Flash Heal which completely under utilizes all the other spells the priest has. How do you max utilize the disc priest while multiboxing other classes?

I've never played Resto shaman, what role would it play? I thought Holy Paladin is the best single heal and Restoration Druid best group heal (due to its instant HoTs, cast on injured player and move on). only thing I can think of is Chain Heal, but doesn't that only heal 5 people while Druid HoTs (Tranquility, Lifebloom) can heal all? The biggest question I suppose is Can the shaman more easily heal while being multiboxed than either the Resto Druid or the Paladin?
    I would stick to the resto druide as raid healer and holy paly as tank healer.
    Disc priest who shields the whole raid is also nice but resto dudu is still the better raid healer. Also, why would u want to add a disc piest when u have already 4 spriests who grant similiar buffs and can also shield the raid if its really neccessary?

9. Just checked demo lock rotation again and there is a proc called molten core.

If you have the skills to do so and use an addon to track the procs, you can add in a demo lock or a balance druid and manage their abilities just fine. Two or three total proc based dps can be fine too but playing six of them is not worth the trouble though.

Thank you all for replies, I've been updating my original post to keep up with suggestions.

A discipline priest...? Disc priests are very good, but how do I multibox a disc priest? My main window is a tank or dps or whatever, and I will have a little grid to the side where I can click on nameplates -> priest will cast certain spell at the nameplate. I would only really be casting Renew, Power Word: Shield, or Flash Heal which completely under utilizes all the other spells the priest has. How do you max utilize the disc priest while multiboxing other classes?

I do have an unholy DK, does that mean I want the Demonology Warlock or the Shadow Priest?

I'm following the rotation to the best of my knowledge, I've posted my rotation up in my original post. I don't see how priest can get higher dps if it's on a boss (didnt test any of the classes on mobs, just 1 target dummy).

Big burst doesnt seem like it's better than sustained damage since my raid composition is geared towards big bosses. <- is this good line of reasoning? I always thought burst was for PvP.

Besides the shield, dispersion, divine hymn/hymn of hope what other utility is there for shadow priests?

What?! My testing on Blackrock shows Shaman doing the most DPS out of all the classes I've tested so far... what is the best dps endgame? I found this site, but cmon... 18k dps? that does not sound realistic in 3.3.5. plate dps have something like 32k hp endgame so you're telling me 2 hits to kill a player? This site seemed more realistic to me, but I do see Elemental Shamans and Shadow Priests to be much lower in DPS ranking. Fire Mages seem to be the strongest caster option. I'll test them out after testing my warlocks.

You multibox a disc priest the same as any other healer. You make a repeater region and bind all of their spells to it, including their cooldowns. I have all the main Disc abilities bound for my grid frame and use a repeater region to click heal it from any window. Spells included are penance, flash heal, renew, power word: shield, prayer of healing, prayer of mending, binding heal, dispel magic, abolish disease, power infusion and pain suppression.

I put the resto/ele into my team only for heroism, it is lacking as a healer but it's enough for most fights when combined with the shadow priests and the disc. Best group heal for icc is a disc, not a druid. Top combination is holy paladin and disc together. If I was using an unholy DK as one of my tanks I would consider keeping the warlock if it's demo just for the spellpower buff, depends on the fight though.

Your rotation is not correct. It starts off as vampiric touch, devouring plague, mind flay, shadow word: pain, then keep using mind flay until a dot runs out and recast that dot, using mind flay when no dots need refreshing. If you don't have the t10 pieces you can incorporate mind blast into your spec and rotation if needed, but i prefer to just use mind flay. If you need replenishment, then one priest can still use mind blast. Shamans shouldn't be topping Priests nor warlocks at that gear level or higher. Most likely you need to improve your spell management. Possibly your specs and glyphs are not optimised?

The other benefits of spriests you missed are the huge amount of raid healing they give when stacked and holy nova for instant burst aoe heals. Their mana is essentially unlimited so you can use dispersion to get through some boss mechanics easier.

Maybe u messed up the rotation of the other classes.
    Inside of ICC a Spriests with t10 set should deal siginifciant higher dps than a equal geared ele shami.

The best endgame dps are Fury warrior, MM hunter and Fire mage.
    - Fire mage are impossible to controle as a multiboxer because the whole dps is based on the http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=48108 proc.
    - Fury warrior dmg priority should be possible to master except the http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=46915 proc for a instant slam.
    - MM hunter dmg priority is possible to master to its full potential as multiboxer. MM hunter has a pretty simple dmg priority and no procs at all. As multiboxer MM hunter should grant u the most dps.

I wouldn't believe in this retail dps statistics. A BiS geared blood dk for example deals the most dps of all DK specs but according to these statistics its on one of the lowest dps ranks.

If u really want to focus on caster i think that spriest would be the best choice once u are able to master their rotation.
    Add one ele shami for bl and the raid buffs. Shami could also switch to resto if more healers are required on certain boss encounter.
    U dont really need a lock in ur team when u have already +13% magic dmg from the unholy dk. http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47240 also shouldnt stack with http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=57722 of the ele shami. Not sure if this is fixed though.
    Also, stay away from boomkin. Its impossible to master the eclipse procs.

Prot paly MT
    UH dk OT
    Hpala Tank healer
    Rdudu raid healer
    5 spriests
    The warlock still brings the spellpower buff even if you have the DK. It doesn't stack with the ele buff, but it's more powerful and thus overrides it. A well geared warlock can give his raid a huge spellpower buff. It's 10% of their own spellpower so stacking SP gems on the warlock makes the overall raid dps go up. Depends whether you want the extra healing of a spriest or the spellpower from the warlock.

As said above you can master 1-3 boomkins, it just becomes harder the more of them that you add. Personally I like to limit myself to one proc based class at a time so I can concentrate more on mechanic awareness.

I would stick to the resto druide as raid healer and holy paly as tank healer.
    Disc priest who shields the whole raid is also nice but resto dudu is still the better raid healer. Also, why would u want to add a disc piest when u have already 4 spriests who grant similiar buffs and can also shield the raid if its really neccessary?
    Disc bubbles are a lot more powerful than spriest bubbles and preventing damage makes it easier to focus on mechanics. Disc + Hpal has always been the strongest ICC 10 combo if managed correctly. You can solo heal the first several bosses as Disc even as multiboxer, and put the other healer into a dps spec. Also power infusion and pain suppression are handy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't mean any offence by this but I think you have quite a ways to go before ICC 25 heroic. It's not something that beginner multiboxers will beat easily. ICC 10 is difficult to beat even on normal, especially gunship and all bosses from Rotface onwards. The furthest that anybody could solo on retail was 6/12, so don't expect to get a full clear by yourself. You need to be able to dish out a lot of dps in ICC and manage healing and boss mechanics as well. It's tough as balls.

Personally I never tried ICC 10 heroic as a multiboxer since it was such a pain with even a regular group. Marrowgar heroic is a total ***** and to solo him would require some skills, a good composition and a fair bit of luck.

I would suggest that you try Marrow and Lady first on normal with whatever team you have now and see what needs improvement. The best way to make progress in ICC is to create a team composition to start with and adjust it for every boss.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, does anybody reading know if Gunship works as it did on retail yet? I.e. when you jump to the enemy ship and run off it, you get teleported back to the friendly ship?

10. Btw, does anybody reading know if Gunship works as it did on retail yet? I.e. when you jump to the enemy ship and run off it, you get teleported back to the friendly ship?
    as far as i know, yes you get teleported back to your ship. i tryed it after core, maybe a month ago or so. OFC i might be wrong, the icc gets fcked up and fixed again daily.

11. If you have the skills to do so and use an addon to track the procs, you can add in a demo lock or a balance druid and manage their abilities just fine. Two or three total proc based dps can be fine too but playing six of them is not worth the trouble though.
    True that, u can use poweraura for example to track the buffs of ur characters.
    But i still think it isnt worth the hassle to add proc classes such as boomkin or demo lock because Ele shami and unholy dk cover already the most important raid buffs.
    A Moonkin doesn't bring anything beside 3% haste from http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=48396 to the raid:
    http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=60433,http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47865 doesnt stack with http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=51735 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=24907 doesnt stack with http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=51470.
    A demo lock brings http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=17803 and http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47240 which grants ~100 more sp than http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=57722.

If u really want to add one of these two then i would choice the demo lock over the moonkin because he brings not only better raid buffs but has also soulstone and teleport which should be quite useful.

Best group heal for icc is a disc, not a druid. Top combination is holy paladin and disc together.
    Are u sure about that? Resto druide with http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50125 is especially in 10 man raids a beast when it comes to healing the raid.
    With enough haste rejuv+wild growth spam should outperform any other class in healing/absorb per second.

12. U dont really need a lock in ur team when u have already +13% magic dmg from the unholy dk.
    I didn't understand this statement until I looked up "raid buff stacking" and discovered that Ebon Plaguebringer, Curse of Elements, and Earth and Moon do not stack! Noooo!! I thought I was onto some crazy OP strategy for a +39% magic damage combo, but I guess not. Ughhhhh....

Prot paly MT
    UH dk OT
    Hpala Tank healer
    Rdudu raid healer
    5 spriests
    Now with the knowledge that certain raid buffs do not stack, this actually seems really good. Thanks for the suggestion! One question, though, what do you think about -1 shadow priest and adding in 1 warlock (demonology, affliction, destruction doesn't matter) for the Improved Shadow Bolt (+5% spell crit chance), pet Felhunter's Fel Intelligence (+intellect) OR pet imp's Blood Pact (+health), curse of weakness (- boss attack power) OR curse of tongues (+30% boss casting speed) OR curse of recklessnes (-3% armor), and the utility of summoning portals?

If you have the skills to do so and use an addon to track the procs, you can add in a demo lock or a balance druid and manage their abilities just fine. Two or three total proc based dps can be fine too but playing six of them is not worth the trouble though.
    Hmmmm, okay. That would mean it's possible to multibox 1 balance druid optimally then. I didn't know about this.

Your rotation is not correct. Shamans shouldn't be topping Priests nor warlocks at that gear level or higher. Most likely you need to improve your spell management. Possibly your specs and glyphs are not optimised?
    This may very well be correct, I've never played a shadow priest and just felt like they were just ok from my testing on Blackrock PvP server.

I don't mean any offence by this but I think you have quite a ways to go before ICC 25 heroic. It's not something that beginner multiboxers will beat easily. ICC 10 is difficult to beat even on normal, especially gunship and all bosses from Rotface onwards. The furthest that anybody could solo on retail was 6/12...
    That's okay. :) Everyone starts somewhere. Also, I'm not doing this solo -> my dad plays 1 tank, my brother and I will split up the remaining characters as 4/5 character multiboxers. Obviously not as cool but just playing for fun with my family.

13. Now with the knowledge that certain raid buffs do not stack, this actually seems really good. Thanks for the suggestion! One question, though, what do you think about -1 shadow priest and adding in 1 warlock (demonology, affliction, destruction doesn't matter) for the Improved Shadow Bolt (+5% spell crit chance), pet Felhunter's Fel Intelligence (+intellect) OR pet imp's Blood Pact (+health), curse of weakness (- boss attack power) OR curse of tongues (+30% boss casting speed) OR curse of recklessnes (-3% armor), and the utility of summoning portals?
    The by far most important raid buff is really the 13% magic dmg increase. U always want that debuff on ur kill target.
    On certain boss encounters u might have a problem with ur unholy dk tank because he is busy with offtanking adds and wont be able to apply http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=51735 on the boss.
    If this is the case it might be worth to add a lock to ur team to make sure that http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47865 is always on ur kill target.
    The lock doesnt neccesarly need to be demo. If u go destro ull lose http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=47240 but u have anyway http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=57722. Advantage of destro is that he doesnt rely on any procs at all.
    The priority is pretty simple: every 30 sec one shadowbolt for the 5% crit debuff>Immolate debuff > Chaos Bolt > Conflagrate > Incinerate

Thats a bit offtopic but im curious if http://wotlk.openwow.com/item=50028 can proc of http://wotlk.openwow.com/spell=15290. If it does the proc should have nearly 100% uptime because any kind of healing has a 1% proc chance and spriest has tons of heals ticking every second on the whole party. Might be worth testing.