1. iLevel required for heroic queue?

Hello folks, got my first toon up to level 80 not long ago, leveled my professions to max and got myself artisan flying.

I'd like to start hitting up heroics to work my way up the gear chain, but I keep not being allowed for a low gearscore. Nearly all of my gear is 78-80, but no luck. So what's the requirement for random heroics? Would have thought I'd have high enough level gear to get started but apparently not.

2. I'd recommend you to get at least 6.4k GS.

3. ^ that xD
    In deed, this awfully trolls our time here.. happily, after the devs fixed the dungeon finder, i think a gm said something like 187 ilvl (but still a little unsure), get it from rdf n, factions, ah is generally a horrible idea.. and, lastly, if you have some points or coins on the website, they can be used for some cool and over-powered items, and then everyone be like, Wooooow wgere you have that weapon from!..

Still, it is really sad that because of the gs people on the server, you feel quite too little on the behind in the start.. even, on the rdf, some would remove you from group for that (!), which is quite strange given the amount of pallys here (hi Deepika xd).. just try to follow the story, and dont care about the gs too much, it is way cooler! :)

4. Thanks for the reply. I did get a two handed mace from coins, but since I used the rest of the coins to boost a toon to 80 (I hate leveling and have no patience for it), I was kinda stuck at max level with no gear. I've bought a bit off the AH (I knew it wasn't the best option but I needed something to get started with) and have been hunting for stuff since.

5. ^ that xD
    In deed, this awfully trolls our time here.. happily, after the devs fixed the dungeon finder, i think a gm said something like 187 ilvl (but still a little unsure), get it from rdf n, factions, ah is generally a horrible idea.. and, lastly, if you have some points or coins on the website, they can be used for some cool and over-powered items, and then everyone be like, Wooooow wgere you have that weapon from!..

Still, it is really sad that because of the gs people on the server, you feel quite too little on the behind in the start.. even, on the rdf, some would remove you from group for that (!), which is quite strange given the amount of pallys here (hi Deepika xd).. just try to follow the story, and dont care about the gs too much, it is way cooler! :)
    I think its 181 ilvl must have

6. I believe its 3.8k+ GS for HC dungeons. It goes higher for others like HoR. Green trinkets, which are the hardest pieces to get, can kill your GS so try to get some iLVL 200+ trinkts

7. Average iLvL required is 180+

GS and iLvL dont walk hand in hand, depending on your gear the GS can be anywhere between 3k and 4k when you reach the required iLvL. Personally I got to queue to RDF heroics at 3.7k~ish gs.