1. i was not aware that the current respawn time was the retail respawn time.
    It's what Mercy said, with links.

Warmane however i a different environment, on retail there are currently 3 places to get the pipe, on warmane there's only one, furthermore, realm will not be progressed to further expansions than they are at atm, Wotlk servers will always be wotlk, mop will alwyas be mop, and cata will always be cata, so to keep absolutely everything as retail was is just not long term effective.
    That's irrelevant. That's the nature of the server itself. Should we increased the drop rate of every single rare thing because of that? Not going to happen. The only thing all that means is that as long as there are new players, there will be a demand for it.

I recall in old molten the spawn rate was like 15 minutes, and the hog was still pretty expensive as it is now (was around 25k), except the whole profiteering and boring camping wasn't there.
    And right bellow your post there's someone who says it had a respawn timer of 2 hours.

And if warmane really wanted to keep the hog as rare as Mercy claims it to be intended to, then why did warmane put Shadowmorne on the donor shop??, that's not preserving its rarity whatsoever.
    1. The quest-line is being worked on so it can be completed without room for the cheats that made it be disabled in the first place;
    2. It's a very high cost item in the Marketplace, hardly a common item by any stretch of the word - just look at the amount of people complaining about donating 10 bucks to skip the queue if you think that many would eagerly donate enough for a Shadowmourne;
    3. Mercy claims it should be as rare or common as it was meant to be, which is what happens. The respawn rate isn't incorrect for all I know (and even you want it to be increased, not fixed), so all of this just boils down to you not wanting to wait and fight for it, like others do. This isn't something remotely necessary for getting class abilities or leveling up, so it's not even a case of getting players' progress bottle-necked, it's just for convenience, and that's not how we work.

2. Warmane however i a different environment, on retail there are currently 3 places to get the pipe, on warmane there's only one
    Actually, there's 2 sources for getting said pipe. I indicated that in my initial post.
    I recall in old molten the spawn rate was like 15 minutes, and the hog was still pretty expensive as it is now (was around 25k), except the whole profiteering and boring camping wasn't there.
    If the item is more plentiful, the cost of it on the Auction House will go down due to more competitive pricing. That is how supply & demand works. Also, as I said in my initial post, the spawn time is random; ranging from 15 minutes to 2 (or more) hours.
    And if warmane really wanted to keep the hog as rare as Mercy claims it to be intended to, then why did warmane put Shadowmorne on the donor shop??, that's not preserving its rarity whatsoever.
    Shadowmourne was initially placed there to generate income (we needed it). It was not taken out due to being fair - how fair would it be to newer players if it was impossible for them to get the weapon while newer players had it and stomped people with it?
    Let's not make this discussion about that. It is not relevant at all, outside of you grasping at straws to make some sort of argument to make it easier for you to obtain.

Don't get my post wrong, i'm all for rarity on a realm that will not progress beyond its current patch, but there's a dofference between rarity and atrifically low respawn rates.

The exhaust pipe spawns at only one npc that doesn't change location, and the respawn time is unpredictable and varies greatly.

But for something like a mob spawn or an item drop (like hunter spirit animal pets) or mounts are fine, because it requires the player to actively seek that item, this way the acquisition of that rare item becomes rewarding, both the process of looking for it and finding it, but the case of the exhaust pipe is about who can camp the npc longer and who has more faction friends to back you up.

There is no reward is waiting hours on end not moving at all while staring at your screen bored to oblivion, waiting for a spawn timer that you cannot see, only to have someone who just arrived ninja the thing, or gang on you and ninja the thing too, this is not rewarding, and turns the whole quest into a chore that you just want to get rid of instead of an interesting journey with a rewarding result.

I'm not asking for 10 min respawn time here, i'm just asking for increased spawn rate, if it's currently 2 hours, drop it to 1, if it's 1 hour drop it to 30, it's not fun to waste the few hours of playtime available after a hard workday waiting infront of an npc for an item that you may not see any time soon.
    Allow me to share an experience with you. I wish to make an example of it.
    Once upon a time, there was a rare elite named "Rak'shiri" in Winterspring. It was a tame-able Wintersaber. This pet, back in Vanilla and early TBC, was a rather powerful pet (if not the strongest at the time) and had a rather unique model for a Hunter pet. It only shared that model with a Horde quest-related mob. This meant, to have it on Alliance, was something special. Very special, because the pet also had a spawn timer that was several days in length (5 days, if I recall correctly), and that timer would reset each and every time the server went down. Whether that be because of a server crash, or maintenance. This effectively meant Rak'shiri would only spawn on a server once per week.

Being the highly desirable pet that it was, especially for Alliance players, and the randomness of its spawn location in Winterspring, there could be as many as a dozen Hunters on a populated server camping for the pet in the zone at any given time.

I camped for him many times, sometimes for as long as 16 hours at a time. Finally, mid-way through TBC, I managed to catch him. I waited to catch him for the better part of 2 years. The pet system had been overhauled since I first sought after him, and he was by no means the strongest pet anymore. But he was still a rare appearance, and thus desired. Especially for any Night Elves who had any interest in roleplay or setting up their appearance appropriately.
    Better part of 2 years. So much patience and effort had been put into that tame that I still carry him on my Hunter, 8 years later. I take a special pride in it, even though Cataclysm made him far more common and easy to obtain for both factions (as was part of the Cataclysm world overhaul), and made other cat pets with similar models.
    Essentially put, the Cataclysm "nerfed" this pet into obscurity. And now literally nobody gives two ****s whether or not you own the pet. They have no reason to. Many people nowadays have probably never even heard of this pet. Loque'nahak is probably the WotLK equivalent, but even he was easier to get, and comparatively weaker.

You probably couldn't care less. I don't really care if you care, either. The point is that pet is important to me, and that is only because of its rarity. Rarity has a special vanity effect on things. That applies to this motorcycle as well. The motorcycle is literally a cosmetic. If you want a passenger mount, the mammoth in Dalaran is both cheaper and easier to get. If function, rarity and price (as in, too difficult to obtain) are what concern you. Then you should get the mammoth. If you are concerned about the aesthetic and desirability of the motorcycle visual (or maybe it's the sound), then you will have to deal with the difficulties required to get it.

3. There is no reward is waiting hours on end not moving at all while staring at your screen bored to oblivion, waiting for a spawn timer that you cannot see, only to have someone who just arrived ninja the thing, or gang on you and ninja the thing too, this is not rewarding, and turns the whole quest into a chore that you just want to get rid of instead of an interesting journey with a rewarding result.

I'm not asking for 10 min respawn time here, i'm just asking for increased spawn rate, if it's currently 2 hours, drop it to 1, if it's 1 hour drop it to 30, it's not fun to waste the few hours of playtime available after a hard workday waiting infront of an npc for an item that you may not see any time soon.
    Your first point makes me question this; Why do you play a MMO in the first place then?
    Looks like you're looking for a single player experience where you won't have to interact with possible situations. You need to keep in mind that those specific situations are one of the things that bring fun to the game. Increasing the spawn rate, like you suggested, opens doors for more items and more drops to have their spawn rate increased and Warmane becomes a fun server where every single player can obtain almost every single item thanks to their high spawn rate.

I can tell you I was able to make four different Mechano-Hog's without sweating that much; Yes I did have to wait for this item as well. I didn't die though. You need to keep in consideration that while you're asking for a simple pipe, other people will ask for the respawn time to be decreased for the Time-Lost Proto-Drake. Like Mercy stated, really properly, it's a pure cosmetic that is not fulcral for your gaming experience. However, if you really want to obtain that cosmetic since it's important for YOU as a player, grind for it. Once you're actually able to obtain it you'll be way more satisfied and amused than if it had an easy respawn timer. People want easy duties and tasks for everything nowadays. Then they rant about how easy some things are once they hit live content.
    Edited: June 29, 2016

4. So Mercy, did you enjoy those 2 years of camping?

First of all i'll say that Warmane is not retail. And i think it's stupid to compare them, cuz retail was retail and this is what it is. I think blizzard were watching the situation and were placing things according population (i think server populations there were like a half or less than 12+3 here). Still you can't say that retail-correct means perfect, cuz blizzard are not perfect and wow is not a perfect game at all. More than that as i see it, blizzard understood that ppl don't like to waste their time, so they were making things easier from expansion to expansion.

2nd thing is about rarity. Lets take the Mercys example. That mob was very rare pet for hunters so ppl were camping it, but still, hunters had lots of alternatives, so thats why i can say it's okay cuz hunters were fighting for rarity, not just to get pet itself (like if it was the only 1 pet ingame). Another example is Lost in Time Protodrake - this is a very rare mount, but it is not the only one mount ingame, it is not like "if you won't get it you can't fly", you have tons of mounts instead and this one is just very special, thats the rarity. Our topic is about pipe, and this pipe is the only one, it doesn't have alternatives, you can't change it with another pipe, more than that it is just a material you can buy from vendor (if it was dropping only from some boss - yea, you can say that bike is a rare mount), and this material is for a pretty common mount.

About the pipe and how i see it. Blizzard wanted to make k3 area populated, also they wanted to make people fight here, so thats why they made this vendor nonfraction and with a timer. Atm Icecrown is overpopulated and Alliance are much MUCH more pvp active,so there is no balance with using retail-like timers. More than that i'll say that any guy who ever camped it will say that blizzard made a bad decision. About alternatives - like you can buy bike itself, or you can buy it from ah with much higher price. Price for bike doesn't differ too badly, even if there was no such a timer, price will stay like it is right now, cuz bike is not a rare mount, everyone has one; 8k for pipes is just how greedy and ***** people are, it's like nothing to do with it (but i'm not sure if anybody will buy any). About Leviathan pipe drop - lets say it is just 1% chance, u can go Ulduar once per week, so you should get it in 700 days (even if it is 10% it is 70 days etc; lets say you won't get it in a month).

I myself can't just drop it and go for something else, cuz i'm working on 100 mounts achievment and it is my only goal atm. When i started making it i just didn't know it is flooded that badly, so i just don't have any another option but to sit and w8 here cuz my resousrces are very limited. Yet situation here is not normal, to understand me all you have to do is to come with some horde character without full wraithful set and sit for an hour. Noone says you should change it to 10 minutes, it is all about that 2 hours + is too much, just make it balanced according to server (like from 10-15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes).

5. First of all i'll say that Warmane is not retail. And i think it's stupid to compare them, cuz retail was retail and this is what it is.
    I've stopped here and started laughing. You joined a BLIZZLIKE SERVER where things are meant to be a replica of what RETAIL WAS with this content live. So why are you stating that things should be changed? 'Cause you want the 100 mount achievement? I know a lot of players that got it and didn't come to the forums make this rants. You don't like the Blizzlike experience? I'm pretty sure you can find a "fun server" that will fit your necessities in that field.

Noone says you should change it to 10 minutes, it is all about that 2 hours + is too much, just make it balanced according to server (like from 10-15 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes).
    What if two hours plus is actually balanced for me and other players? You guys just love to get everything given to you don't you?

6. I didn't die though.
    I'm dying there like once in 5 minutes (or less), whole my gameplay for last week was sit click click die click die die die click click die click die die click die etc 6 hours 7 days a week. In that week horde holded it just once, it is always captured by alliance. I'm playing mage, and all i have for pvp is 232 gladiators set; even if i had full wraith set it won't matter much, cuz you always have 3-4 opponents. Someone said "get friends to backup you" - is it a good thing to make you friends suffer with you for two hours without any confidence in getting it? i won't make my friends to go throught it, cuz i love my friends (+ noone will go for it :D). My point to increase spawn rate is that it will decrease the flood, so alliance people will get their stuff so possibly i will have "a window" to obtain it. Pipe and lost in time proto drake are different things and they shoudn't even be compared, i'm talking about balance according to server situation, not about "just make everything 100%" because i want it.

I've stopped here and started laughing. You joined a BLIZZLIKE SERVER where things are meant to be a replica of what RETAIL WAS blablabla
    I don't care about if you laugthed or not, cuz it was not even adressed to you and you didn't get the point. It is about when server team says "it is blizzlike, so we won't change it". For me it sounds like "you can't ask from us, go ask from blizzard, it is nothing about us". Just like an excuse.

7. I'm dying there like once in 5 minutes (or less), whole my gameplay for last week was sit click click die click die die die click click die click die die click etc. In that week horde holded it just once, it is always captured by alliance. I'm playing mage, and all i have for pvp is 232 gladiators set; even if i had full wraith set it won't matter much, cuz you always have 3-4 opponents. Someone said "get friends to backup you" - is it a good thing to make you friends to suffer with you for two hours without any confidence in getting it? i won't make my friends to go throught it, cuz i love my friends. My point to increase spawn rate is that it will decrease the flood, so alliance people will get their stuff so possibly i will have "a window" to obtain it. Pipe and lost in time proto drake are different things and they shoudn't even be compared, i'm talking about balance according to server situation, not about "just make everything 100%" because i want it.
    You just gave me total reason. Let's start from the bottom;

1) You stated that you always have 3-4 opponents. Maybe because that's a guy trying to get the item and has a group of friends helping him. If he's actually able to do it why aren't you? 'Cause, like you stated, you don't want to bother your friends? No. That's the so called self-indulgence. You just want things to be easier because you're going through a hell of a trip in order to obtain such an item. I had to fight multiple times (since I personally did four different mechano-hogs) and I know a lot of people that went through the struggle of obtaining the item; I'm still to find one post from them making a rant about it.

2) The point probably flew above you when I called the Time-Lost Proto-Drake into the discussion. You're missing the point that once one door is open by decreasing the spawn rate for your beloved "pipe" other players will start making rants to decrease the spawn timer for rare NPC's such as Time-Lost. Like I stated; You're playing in a Blizzlike server with the intention of remaking the feeling of what it was back in the live content of WOTLK. If you don't like it, like I stated in my previous post, you have fun servers that will be more than pleased in serving all of your concerns and bummers.

I don't care about if you laugthed or not, cuz it was not even adressed to you and you didn't get the point. It is about when server team says "it is blizzlike, so we won't change it". For me it sounds like "you can't ask from us, go ask from blizzard, it is nothing about us".
    Because that's exactly what it is! If it's recreating the Blizzard experience why should they change it since they are indeed RECREATING THE SAME BLIZZARD EXPERIENCE?

They could change it if it wasn't equal to the Blizzard standards and if you made a really solid point through official information and sources; All the sources point out to work as it is at the moment so you're just purely making a fit about how you're going through a personal hell and how it's being hard for you to obtain this specific item. They don't have to change ANYTHING that is working as intended just because you guys can't handle the grind.

8. 1) No those are separate players, but groups appear as well, which makes things even harder.

2) I don't even want to talk with you, if all your point is "you don't like - go away". Just get horde character and stay there for an hour.

9. 1) No those are separate players, but groups appear as well, which makes things even harder.

2) I don't even want to talk with you, if all your point is "you don't like - go away". Just get horde character and stay there for an hour.
    Groups appear as well? Fine, make your own group as well. I can guarantee you that there are multiple players out there that are dying for a World PvP moment. (Me as example.)

All my toons are Horde. All of your point is completely invalid and falls down to earth. You don't want to talk with me 'cause your discussion is completely lost since the start and once people start losing arguments they rather;

A) Go for personal insults.
    B) Run away from the discussion.

10. Groups appear as well? Fine, make your own group as well. I can guarantee you that there are multiple players out there that are dying for a World PvP moment. (Me as example.)

All my toons are Horde. All of your point is completely invalid and falls down to earth. You don't want to talk with me 'cause your discussion is completely lost since the start and once people start losing arguments they rather;

A) Go for personal insults.
    B) Run away from the discussion.
    I don't want to talk with you cuz all you want is to fight in comments with critique to every word (example - open anything in internet and watch holywars about nothing in every comment). All you say in short is about that you are right and very clever, and i'm not. If you want to fight with someone - no kid, not with me.

11. I don't want to talk with you cuz all you want is to fight in comments with critique to every word (example - open anything in internet and watch holywars about nothing in every comment). All you say in short is about that you are right and very clever, and i'm not. If you want to fight with someone - no kid, not with me.
    I'm not fighting with anyone. You're the one who got all offended when I countered your point. You already stepped in my point A and B from the quote you did. As you see, I'm not trying to sound very clever, I've already made it clear that you lost all of your reason since you already went completely out of the topic. However, since you believe I'm the one trying to sound smart I'll answer you again with a quote from Obnoxious:

The respawn rate isn't incorrect for all I know (and even you want it to be increased, not fixed), so all of this just boils down to you not wanting to wait and fight for it, like others do. This isn't something remotely necessary for getting class abilities or leveling up, so it's not even a case of getting players' progress bottle-necked, it's just for convenience, and that's not how we work.
    Convenience is the key word here. Enjoy the rest of your day.

12. So Mercy, did you enjoy those 2 years of camping?
    Do you enjoy going to work every day to earn a pay check? Do you enjoy having to cook your own meals instead of just having it served to you? You're goddamn right I did. I play the game because I enjoy it. I do the things I do because I enjoy it and I enjoy what I get out of doing them.

First of all i'll say that Warmane is not retail.
    Of course it's not. Warmane is what the staff say it is. Meanwhile, we'll propose changes or ideas (see: Disable of the RDF on Lordaeron for ex.) and people would throw them out with no better argument than "its not blizzlike". That is the way of things. You don't have to like it, but if you honestly expect the staff to make custom changes just for the sake of a few individual's pleasure, then I think you need to reconsider your position and approach the issue with a new perspective. Because all this boils down to right now is whining.

13. 2nd thing is about rarity. Lets take the Mercys example. That mob was very rare pet for hunters so ppl were camping it, but still, hunters had lots of alternatives, so thats why i can say it's okay cuz hunters were fighting for rarity, not just to get pet itself (like if it was the only 1 pet ingame). Another example is Lost in Time Protodrake - this is a very rare mount, but it is not the only one mount ingame, it is not like "if you won't get it you can't fly", you have tons of mounts instead and this one is just very special, thats the rarity. Our topic is about pipe, and this pipe is the only one, it doesn't have alternatives, you can't change it with another pipe, more than that it is just a material you can buy from vendor (if it was dropping only from some boss - yea, you can say that bike is a rare mount), and this material is for a pretty common mount.
    I see you don't really understand what I said. There was no alternative to Rak'shiri back in Vanilla. It was the single most powerful pet in the game, due to it being one of the few silver rares that were tame-able (of which, it was the highest level), and the fact that it would retain its stats. There were no alternatives if you cared at all about your performance in the game. This is not comparable to the Time-Lost Protodrake. The Time-Lost Protodrake doesn't make you top DPS in a raid. It doesn't take a **** on the other faction in a BG. As far as the pipe not having alternatives, I already made it very clear. There is another cheaper and easier to get passenger mount.
    I could understand this statement, but isn't your argument essentially the same? "I want this mount, therefore you should make it easier to get." What do you expect people to say to this, other than "too bad"?

I had hoped that the posts in the thread could be a bit more reasonable.

First 12