1. Completely new to WOTLK, what classes is good in pve?

Hi im completely new to WOTLK (have been playing on warmanes cata server Neltharion) and I was woundering what classes and specs are good for pve here on wotlk? I don't like tanking so that is not an option for me. So im more kind of intressted in what healing specs and dps specs are the best atm. I was most thinking about leveling a warrior, mage (if im choosing mage im only going to play fire) or shaman (prefer resto or elemental). Are they any good or should I maybe pick another class?

Thank you for your answers and thanks for your tips. (sorry for my bad London)
    Edited: June 26, 2016

2. If you are going to specialize in PvE, the first thing I suggest you is to play in Lordearon

3. Well it all comes down to what you prefer, but bear in mind that there are **** ton of paladins on server, so you might want to choose something else.

4. If you are going to specialize in PvE, the first thing I suggest you is to play in Lordearon
    You better listen to our "oldie" over here and yes ill keep trashing you, as you dont have enough time on our server to talk about it.

5. Hi im completely new to WOTLK (have been playing on warmanes cata server Neltharion) and I was woundering what classes and specs are good for pve here on wotlk? I don't like tanking so that is not an option for me. So im more kind of intressted in what healing specs and dps specs are the best atm. I was most thinking about leveling a warrior, mage (if im choosing mage im only going to play fire) or shaman (prefer resto or elemental). Are they any good or should I maybe pick another class?

Thank you for your answers and thanks for your tips. (sorry for my bad London)
    probably best to invest in a toon on lordaeron
    at least content works on that realm

edit: priests are always fun to play

if you choose to come to icecrown you'll probably be maining ulduar and naxx because icc hasn't been functioning properly since the last 4-5 weeks

edit: priests are always fun to play

6. You better listen to our "oldie" over here and yes ill keep trashing you, as you dont have enough time on our server to talk about it.

Dennis now youre back here in forums is all you do brag about your 2009 join date and ridicule anyone else who not joined from 2009?

AT O.P. all classes have their strengths and weaknesses i wouldnt say there was a bad class if players can actuallly play their chars to their potential.

7. You better listen to our "oldie" over here and yes ill keep trashing you, as you dont have enough time on our server to talk about it.
    He is right you know? Lordearon is way more PvE minded, and those who enjoy PvE progress will have way better fun in there
    Also don't judge people by its joining date, he probably started playing on warmane long time ago and decided to make a forum account last week, what's wrong with it? Stop being such a ret4rd
    Edited: June 26, 2016

8. You better listen to our "oldie" over here and yes ill keep trashing you, as you dont have enough time on our server to talk about it.
    What the hell makes you think that I'm a new player? My forum profile? You do notice that it has absolutely nothing to do with when I created my first char here right?
    I remember I made my first toon on Deathwing x12 server around Dec 2012, then tried Ragnaros x20. Considering it had around 600-700 queue during peak times, I decided then to join deathwing, which had only 300ish, and x20 lvl rate seemed to rushy for me
    Even though you Mr. Oldie think that 2012 is still "new player" it won't matter because those servers don't exist anymore. What we have here and what we can discuss about is Iccecrown and Lordearon, on which, yes, I was here on their very first days.
    Conclusion is, I have got exactly the same rights as you do to speak about whatever we want and to freely give our opinions on what it is being discussed on the forums
    So, are you going to start talking about the main subjects from these threads around, or will you still keep trashing me?
    Come on, surprise me now

9. If you are going to specialize in PvE, the first thing I suggest you is to play in Lordearon
    Even if I belive that Lordearon is the right place for me that wants to "specialize" in pve. But the problem is that I hate to level up new characters. And the secound point is that if I don't enjoy playing that class there is a long time to level up a new character.

But can we go back to the main question insted of fighting about if someone is a new player or not.

What spec/specs are the "best" in pve on icecrown atm? Both for healing and for dpsing.

Regards. Sorry for bad London.

10. Even if I belive that Lordearon is the right place for me that wants to "specialize" in pve. But the problem is that I hate to level up new characters. And the secound point is that if I don't enjoy playing that class there is a long time to level up a new character.
    I totally understand, sure lvling in x1 will consume a lot of time. Thing is, to get raid invites here in Icecrown, you will need good gear already, hmm lets see, way above from 5k gs, otherwise people will start flaming you, and you will eventually get kicked out
    Same goes to rdf sometimes
    Also, I don't know if you're one of those who want to experience progress raiding, but if you don't mind the fact all content is released on Icecrown, then I don't see problem about it
    And I'm more of a PvP guy so I can't really say what class it's better, so better wait till someone actually replies with some deeper details, however, all I can say is that there are tons of paladins.
    In the meantime, you may check out some PvE guides on warr/mage/shamam forum secion, who knows, maybe you will find something you like

11. Here I was typing up a long message about what server you should play on then I realized you never even asked that only the commenters did...

For PvE really anything is viable. (I mean like within their spec... Don't play resto shammy as a dps and stuff...)

Fire mage is great. On most lists I've found Rogue and fire mage are the top dps in ICC (Not sure about here because nearly all plate users have SMores.. Yeah I'ma start to call it Smores seems right to me) followed by warlocks and hunters (MM).

To be honest just go with whatever you want to play as. (However I believe shammies are a bit low on the dps meters but their totems are still pretty nice for the group, and if you make a Draenei that +hit will be amazing for your group)

12. I would prefer progressiv raiding, but I guess that is not an option if I don't wanna play on Lordearon. I'm also a bit intressted in pvp. After sometime on retail there I only played pvp, I probobly want to do it on icecrown as well. How good is warrior in pvp? Is there alot of teams queing 3s (it should be in my mind with so big population(?) ) And yeah I think I will look up some pve/pvp guides about the classes and their specs.

Regards.

13. I would prefer progressiv raiding, but I guess that is not an option if I don't wanna play on Lordearon. I'm also a bit intressted in pvp. After sometime on retail there I only played pvp, I probobly want to do it on icecrown as well. How good is warrior in pvp? Is there alot of teams queing 3s (it should be in my mind with so big population(?) ) And yeah I think I will look up some pve/pvp guides about the classes and their specs.

Regards.
    BGs and arenas are pretty quick to que into. Never did 3s so not sure about that. A good warrior is amazing in pvp... However you may want to gear up somewhat in PvE gear and then enter a BG with close to about 4k GS so you don't get just 1shot by everyone. Once you gear up enough I'd recommend joining a pvp guild and doing premades as when you solo que (On either faction) you lose maybe 70% of the games because you encounter a lot of enemy premades.

14. BGs and arenas are pretty quick to que into.
    Sounds really nice!

A good warrior is amazing in pvp....
    Sounds good, do you know how they are doing in pve?

However you may want to gear up somewhat in PvE gear and then enter a BG with close to about 4k GS so you don't get just 1shot by everyone. Once you gear up enough I'd recommend joining a pvp guild and doing premades as when you solo que (On either faction) you lose maybe 70% of the games because you encounter a lot of enemy premades.
    Okey thanks for the tip. :) It's pretty much the same on every expansion, if you have bad gear you will get oneshoted. :/.

Regards.

15. Sounds really nice!

Sounds good, do you know how they are doing in pve?

Okey thanks for the tip. :) It's pretty much the same on every expansion, if you have bad gear you will get oneshoted. :/.

Regards.
    PvE wise I'm not sure as I have not raided on Icecrown yet. (If you're joining Icecrown)
    However I do know that in some encounters in ICC (At least on retail) Warrior were some of the top dpsers. However in a majority of them they were kind of in the middle.
    (Top dps was normally rogues if I recall with fire mages)

12 Last