1. Scammed by a Friend

So yesterday I got scammed by a irl friend who i knew for 4 years.I always knew this guy is a scammer/gold hungry guy but as close irl friends, I thought he wouldnt do something like that to me since we've been playing together for a while during which i showed him the ropes when we raided and in the game in general. I mistakenly traded him 20kg ingame on Lordearon and instead of my FRIEND returning the remaining gold, he went off and bought some stuff with my gold including a hog mount and then kept teasing me though text messages and ingame messages about it. I got so frustrated towards this guy who i considered a ''friend'' since we were gd friends before this situation happened...am i being over dramatic over some game currency, even tho he knew i spent weeks farming to get that gold? He even said that ''its just a game bro'' and that he has no intentions of returning the gold when i flamed him for the gold after he bought/used the hog. Please give your honest opinion on this situation and your opinion on what I should do concerning this friend of mine... [and no i dont realy value the gold that much to break up a friendship over it, but I feel that principles are way more important}

2. [and no i dont realy value the gold that much to break up a friendship over it, but I feel that principles are way more important}
    Then why post about it?

3. Depends on how much you and he value the game. If this makes you believe he could do similar things in similar situations irl, then send him to Narnia.

4. If he's truly your close irl friend for over 4 years, he should feel a shame and apologize even if the matter is wow gold, because you got upset.
    At least that's what I will do if I pranked a friend and saw he got deeply upset about it.
    If he doesn't say sorry at least then he is not really your friend is he ?

5. Final update to this story, Long story short is that my ''friend'' and I made up like a month ago and the whole thing, i thought was over. so we hung out here and there, But I then tried to log on yday only to see that my acc had been hacked (It turns out that when he came over to my house to hand out.. It turns out that he just came convince me to log on my acc on his laptop since he was using key-logger or some program that saved my password) So i managed to retrieve my password and when i logged my acc, I saw that all my gear was deleted, 27k gold was gone, all my bags were destroyed. When i tried to confront him about this, I couldn't irl since he went abroad for like a month, and I knew it was him since the last place the acc was logged onto was from the same country that he had traveled too.The main thing that pissed me off was that he kept denying that he had any involvement for 30 mins until he finally cracked and told me that he did it.(and btw i never did anything remotely this assholish to him to provoke him to do something like this). To top this all off, when i told him that I got realy pissed since he deleted over 5 months of progression with an awesome guild on Lordearon (4.7k gs/27k gold) he just told me ''Its just a game bro''.... So all in all, **** that guy and goodbye warmane, its been a bumpy 4 years...

6. Final update to this story, Long story short is that my ''friend'' and I made up like a month ago and the whole thing, i thought was over. so we hung out here and there, But I then tried to log on yday only to see that my acc had been hacked (It turns out that when he came over to my house to hand out.. It turns out that he just came convince me to log on my acc on his laptop since he was using key-logger or some program that saved my password) So i managed to retrieve my password and when i logged my acc, I saw that all my gear was deleted, 27k gold was gone, all my bags were destroyed. When i tried to confront him about this, I couldn't irl since he went abroad for like a month, and I knew it was him since the last place the acc was logged onto was from the same country that he had traveled too.The main thing that pissed me off was that he kept denying that he had any involvement for 30 mins until he finally cracked and told me that he did it.(and btw i never did anything remotely this assholish to him to provoke him to do something like this). To top this all off, when i told him that I got realy pissed since he deleted over 5 months of progression with an awesome guild on Lordearon (4.7k gs/27k gold) he just told me ''Its just a game bro''.... So all in all, **** that guy and goodbye warmane, its been a bumpy 4 years...
    HOLY **** WHAT DID I JUST READ!?
    mind=blown

7. I lol'd

at least you'll know whom to trust now haha

8. stub him with a knife, it's not a game
    wow > life ^^

9. I've heard a lot about irl murders that happend because of the WoW. Hope it's not going to be one of those.

10. Rules are rule bro ! if he lives near you i would have punched and gagged him till he gave his account and i changed his account to mine ! if i cannot kik his butt then i would have joined a martial artist club or build more muscle and do the same as above !
    There are only 2 possibilities for you to react either ur a ***** and u got no self respect or your just making up the whole story and so much gold in this icecrown server sounds fishy !

11. I think if he is really bullying you like that, you wouldn't be making a public forum post about it. I think this is your way of trying to get people to feel sorry for you and get people to give you in game gold and items. People have been doing this scam for years on all sorts of games. I knew a guy who pretended to be a chick for 6 months and a guy that was in love with him gave him account info. Needless to say, he was cleaned out then ridiculed for falling in love with another guy over the internet. So I call BS.

If this happened the way you said it did, I suggest you do something about it. Why haven't you gone to his place and stomped the crap out of him?? Yes, it's only pixels but he is a supposed irl friend of 4 yrs. You need to do something about it instead of making forum posts.

12. Clearly not a "friend", or anything close to that. These are kind of people that'll abuse your kindness, you shouldn't (even tho you might think something will change) give second chances. If he's done it once, he'll do it again. So yeah, forget about the gold and you might as well forget him.