1. Playing Warmane WoW 3.3.5a on LINUX

Hello Everyone!

There is no true guide I could find to show people how to play on Linux. So, I have uploaded a video to my channel to help people out!
    If you need help playing your WoW on your Linux machine, click this link below:

https://youtu.be/3P-zLYirSOU

Wish all of you the best of luck in your Raiding!
    -Hummerr

2. There were mouse input issues on WineHQ 2.10.

I played WoW with WineHQ 2.11(both master and staging) and i3wm on Arch Linux 64bit successfully with no issues. I used both community updated version of the client and original. Default settings were sufficient.

The following is the overview of the steps I usually perform to install the game.

If installing with an image.
    ```
    sudo umount /mnt/iso/
    sudo mkdir -p /mnt/iso/
    sudo mount -o loop /mnt/iso/ <myiso>
    cd /mnt/iso/
    mkdir -p ~/var/wine/wow/
    WINEPREFIX=${HOME}/var/wine/wow/ wine setup.exe
    ```

After installation is complete, adjust the realmlist.

To run the game (assumes default installation directory on 64bit wineprefix).
    ```
    cd ~/var/wine/wow/drive_c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/WoW
    WINEPREFIX=${HOME}/var/wine/wow/ wine Wow.exe
    ```

Running from a repack will only require to run the game. The wine prefix will be created automatically.

3. step 1. download client on warmane
    step 2. install wine
    step 3. run wow.exe with wine

there you go you can play WoW on linux

4. May 3, 2020  
    Linux preformance in wow > Windows preformance in wow.

5. May 7, 2020  
    which Wine version are you using? I am on wine-4.0.4 and I am getting errors "*** stack smashing detected ***: <unknown> terminated" all the time

6. May 8, 2020  
    which Wine version are you using? I am on wine-4.0.4 and I am getting errors "*** stack smashing detected ***: <unknown> terminated" all the time
    I had no issues using the 5.0 version released recently and before that I used some 4.X version right before they released 5.0.
    According to SO ( https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...ected/50690687 ) "Stack smashing" error is when the program causes buffer overflow, are you maybe using a password longer than 16 characters? Client is limited and over 16 may be overflowing.

7. hi, I am on manjaro kernel 5.9.11-3 wine 5.22. trying to start it with wine wow.exe, getting stuck on login screen after authenticated it just freezes

8. 0024:err:module:open_builtin_file failed to load .so lib "/usr/lib32/wine/l3codeca.acm.so"
    archive Data\enUS\patch-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\patch.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\patch-enUS-2.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\patch-enUS-3.MPQ opened
    archive Data\patch-2.MPQ opened
    archive Data\patch-3.MPQ opened
    archive Data\expansion.MPQ opened
    archive Data\lichking.MPQ opened
    archive Data\common.MPQ opened
    archive Data\common-2.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\locale-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\speech-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\expansion-locale-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\lichking-locale-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\expansion-speech-enUS.MPQ opened
    archive Data\enUS\lichking-speech-enUS.MPQ opened
    0024:fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation info_class SYSTEM_PERFORMANCE_INFORMATION
    00fc:fixme:d3d:state_linepattern_w Setting line patterns is not supported in OpenGL core cntexts.
    0024:fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (00030054, 001DDBC8): stub
    0128:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for encryption
    0128:err:winediag:gnutls_initialize failed to load libgnutls, no support for pfx import/exort
    0024:err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 7BC60340 "../wine/dlls/ntdll/loader.c: lader_section" wait timed out in thread 0024, blocked by 0128, retrying (60 sec)

9. hello

solved over lutris, works;)
    may i ask you for a bit of guide to set Lutris up i cant find how to choose arguments and wine prefix to set the game .

10. may i ask you for a bit of guide to set Lutris up i cant find how to choose arguments and wine prefix to set the game .
    Lutris will not give any advantage over using with a normal prefix since 335a will not use Vulkan API.

QUICKS STEPS:

STEP 1
    Explanation: Set-up a 32-bit Wine prefix. This creates a fresh new 32-bits wine prefix at the folder ~/.wine32. 'wineboot' forces the 1st startup and registry configuration:

What to do? Run this command on terminal
    $ WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=~/.wine32 wineboot

STEP 2
    Explanation: Install lastest Direct-X 9.0c end-user runtime library.

2.1 Downolad at: https://web.archive.org/web/20201216...010_redist.exe

2.2 Extract and install.

STEP3
    Explanation: In-game perfomance check. Depending from your PC perfomance, you may want to use WoW335a in OpenGlide instead of DirectX. It depends from your gfx board, drivers etc.

What to do?

3.1 Start the client with the following command:
    $ wine wow.exe -opengl

3.2 If it works better than DirectX (no missing textures, FPS drop), make it work permanently with OpenGlide, by adding or add a lua command on "WoW folder/WTF/Config.WTF" fie:
    SET gxApi "opengl"
    Edited: January 27, 2021