1. July 3, 2016  
    How much more should I play it.
    5 pieces in 8 hours? That's not too bad. Perhaps you should consider getting some crafted gear.

2. July 3, 2016  
    1-2 weeks of farming for full rele/furious set and wrathful offsets is too long, tedious and poorly balanced?
    Considering I'm gearing my pala for pve and I was comparing the speed in which you gear in pve and pvp(which you can't seem to comprehend) yes.

Let's estimate that you can get full epic pve gear to start raiding in about 10-15 hours, now let's compare that to farming for a long and tedious 1-2 weeks(not counting WEEKLY arena point farm for other parts) that you would have to farm for pvp gear. I would say that's a poorly balanced distribution of gear wouldn't you?

let me put this more simply:

What's more long and tedious 10-15 hours or 168-336 hours?

I wonder why people bot and afk.
    Edited: July 3, 2016

3. July 3, 2016  
    5 pieces in 8 hours? That's not too bad. Perhaps you should consider getting some crafted gear.
    It was 5 pieces that wasn't epic, the rest is full epics.

4. July 3, 2016  
    Again my pala is almost full geared and doesn't have enough badges for 1 pvp item.
    Let's estimate that you can get full epic pve gear to start raiding in about 10-15 hours, now let's compare that to farming for a long and tedious 1-2 weeks(not counting WEEKLY arena point farm for other parts) that you would have to farm for pvp gear. I would say that's a poorly balanced distribution of gear wouldn't you?
    So after 9 hours you've got less than 50 badges on your pala, but you're somehow ready for raiding in 10-15 hours? Are you raiding Naxx?

Sure 1-2 weeks seems long, if you're coming from retail where you can get full honor gear within 24hours. I'm glad you didn't count the weekly arena points farming, because then you'd also have to count the weekly raiding of icc normal and icc heroic after that.

Also I have no idea why you're comparing gearing for PvE and gearing for PvP. Even if it was 10-15 hours vs. 168-336 hours, that would just mean that gearing for PvE is way too easy. Half of the honor gear is BiS for PvP, you're comparing that to random bad gear from heroics. How long would it take to get half BiS - half decent PvE gear?

5. July 3, 2016  
    So the progression you've described is full ilvl 187 crafted gear to weeks of farming BiS? What's in between?

So a lower ilvl pvp vendor wouldn't deter people from afking/not helping in bgs and give a more steady pvp gear progression?

The point of the pve comparison is that during the entire progression in pve the players are actually relevant to what they're doing, they're playing the game and in pvp they're simply not.

6. July 3, 2016  
    Comparing PvE and PvP gearing has no place. PvE is the meat of the game, it's what most content is about, it's what you get rewards and drops for all over the game, while PvP is a much more specialized thing, that takes a different kind of dedication and different methods to gear up.

People not helping in Battlegrounds is a fact of life, happens anywhere, in any PvP game; some are new and inexperienced, some aren't geared yet, and some only want achievements or something and don't care at all about the PvP itself, but are forced to join if they want to complete their goals. People just being AFK should be reported. Neither are reasons to let people skip the initial struggle in gearing for PvP.

7. July 3, 2016  
    Why does it need to be a struggle instead of letting people gear steadily and be relevant to what they're doing? By this logic pvpers will be able to play the game after 2 weeks of not actually playing at all.

please don't give the "that's what I, my father and his father did before him therefore so should everyone else" answer.

In what way would this be a negative change?

8. July 3, 2016  
    Because Icecrown is meant to be an emulation of retail, even if with higher rates, not an "instant-gratification fun server."
    If you want quick an easy PvP gear you should try Blackrock instead.

9. July 3, 2016  
    So basically I'm right but you can't admit it so you opt to attack my reasoning again like everyone else. I expected more from a mod.

You can't give any reason as to why adding gear progression is wrong without claiming I want free gear which I've already said I don't, I want a steady gear progression in PVP similar to that of PVE that keeps people relevant instead of the current Free kill->Free killer progression atm.

What's free about it if you still farm it the same way? This makes absoloutely no sense.

10. July 3, 2016  
    No, basically you are wrong, throwing "personal attack!!1!" at anyone who disagrees with you, and assuming you're right because you want the nature of the server to suit your own personal tastes.

News flash: what you consider "right," no matter how or how much you try to reason it, is only necessarily "right" in your own server, where you set the views and goals. Your reasoning is nothing more than a personal opinion, which clashes with the emulated retail experience we aim to provide. There's nothing to be argued or "disproved" about your claims beyond stating "that's not what we want for Icecrown."

11. July 3, 2016  
    Whether you like it or not, Obnoxious is right.
    The gear is meant to be hard to obtain, after all, all wrathful gear obtainable by honor points is best in slot, it is not supposed to be gained fast or faster. It has to take time.

12. July 3, 2016  
    Well when you have to say "u jst want free gear!1!" instead of actually debating the points I've put forward I'd say that's an attack on my character rather than adding to the discussion.

If that's the case then why did you try then realise you had no way to debate the points and just resort to "that's not what we want!" instead of just saying that in the first place?

13. July 3, 2016  
    Whether you like it or not, Obnoxious is right.
    The gear is meant to be hard to obtain, after all, all wrathful gear obtainable by honor points is best in slot, it is not supposed to be gained fast or faster. It has to take time.

I never once said I want Wrathful to be obtained faster.

14. July 3, 2016  
    Perhaps because I didn't, and you're putting words in my mouth. Perhaps because you yourself base your "argument" around "why does it has to be a struggle," which even children would be able to aptly translate to "I don't want to struggle," i.e., "I want an easier time," conveniently ignoring it when it's thrown at you that PvE and PvP are two different things, and that comparing their gearing process is a void point at its birth.

But since you're now just grasping at ghosts to simply play the victim, I'm closing this.

First 12