1. July 4, 2016  

My thoughts on the Lordaeron community

Since joining this server 2 months ago I have been met with nothing but friendliness.

I did the human starting zone with a friend and were invited to several groups when doing quests. Each group we joined showed a willingness to stay and quest further as a team. This was followed through my entire adventure here on Lordaeron.

When I hit level 15 I was invited to a guild called "you think you do but u dont'" I was welcomed and often assisted with anything I needed. They spoke often and would form groups and level together.

By the time I hit level 40 I had been able to form groups for 5 different dungeons and was occasionally messaged by random players to talk about the lore of wow. One thing that adds to the positive atmosphere is players stopping and putting random buffs on one another .

Over all I think that the Lordaeron community is one of the best. People on the forums complain about elitism but I have not encountered any yet so I assume that it must be an absolute minimum. Every server has its trolls or unwanted players ,but they make up a very small part of the player Base. On this server I believe they are negligible to the community.

2. July 4, 2016  

3. July 4, 2016  
    but I have not encountered any yet s
    don't worry, u will experience that
    btw real game starts at 80

update your unbiased post after few months of 80 level gameplay

4. July 4, 2016  
    "Real game starts at level 80..." I guess that is the mentality that stoppped WoW sub numbers going up in WoTLk and started to decline afterwards. It's sad.

5. July 4, 2016  
    "Real game starts at level 80..." I guess that is the mentality that stoppped WoW sub numbers going up in WoTLk and started to decline afterwards. It's sad.
    owowow pink sky and ponies

Yes man, real game starts at 80, same as real game in diablo 2 lod starts on hell difficulty for example, all before that - childish crap
    till you crawling in sandbox searching party for dedmines while raping boars with 2 spells, community is perfect
    same as your childhood - icecream for free and 0 responsibilities
    Edited: July 4, 2016

6. July 4, 2016  
    as someone who has about 60 days combined /played time on both alliance and horde, im going to warn you not to get your hopes too high.. community is overall pretty nice but you will definitely get groups with people who are rude and obnoxious and utter pieces of cancerous sh*t, on BOTH factions, that is

1 example i can give you is from a heroic daily group i was in a couple days ago, despite being top DPS, doing over 5.5k on last boss some guy from a top guild started throwing insults for literally no reason at all " you're sh*t,r*tard, l2p " then started linking me his ulduar 25 achievements and telling me how good he is and that i should get on his level

Best thing you can do is just be nice and play for fun but be wary as youll meet plenty of elitist jerks on this server.. Best you can do is just /ignore them.

7. July 4, 2016  
    what decline? Cata was peak for wow

8. July 4, 2016  
    owowow pink sky and ponies

Yes man, real game starts at 80, same as real game in diablo 2 lod starts on hell difficulty for example, all before that - childish crap
    till you crawling in sandbox searching party for dedmines while raping boars with 2 spells, community is perfect
    same as your childhood - icecream for free and 0 responsibilities
    Perfect example of an "elitist jerk". Its a game, maybe he has a different vision than you? Not everyone wants to be in a top guild raiding for first-kills. Some people are actually enjoying the leveling party, believe it or not.

9. July 4, 2016  
    Perfect example of an "elitist jerk". Its a game, maybe he has a different vision than you? Not everyone wants to be in a top guild raiding for first-kills. Some people are actually enjoying the leveling party, believe it or not.
    Your visions do not matter, game starts at 80 when all talents are learned and all spells are discovered = your character is ready for real big world.
    Untill that it's a sandbox.
    And i have no clue why you have started to speak about elitist jerks, i'am not raiding because Lordaeron is a worst place to raid community and pug wise.

I recon TS will cherish his child memories about kind lowbie players and cute Elwyn Forest squirells.
    High lvl population not that cute, muhaha.
    Edited: July 4, 2016

10. July 5, 2016  
    Lordaeron has an awesome friendly and supportive community. I'm currently 80, and I've experienced plenty of outstanding people making the server much more enjoyable. If you group with random people, yes, there is a chance you'll find some random jaded ******* like Myataiko, but as a whole the community is very nice. Personally I've been playing with the friends I met while leveling - about a dozen of them - from as low as level 40. We've all managed to get to 80 together and we run heroics and battleground together (hopefully soon forming a raid group).

So my suggestion is to stay in contact with anyone that you get along with especially well while leveling, and see what you can do with them at 80. They were random people once, but now they're a friend. You can still meet new people you like at 80, too. There's always a chance you'll meet someone like Myataiko, but just ignore them.

11. July 5, 2016  
    as someone who has about 60 days combined /played time on both alliance and horde, im going to warn you not to get your hopes too high.. community is overall pretty nice but you will definitely get groups with people who are rude and obnoxious and utter pieces of cancerous sh*t, on BOTH factions, that is

1 example i can give you is from a heroic daily group i was in a couple days ago, despite being top DPS, doing over 5.5k on last boss some guy from a top guild started throwing insults for literally no reason at all " you're sh*t,r*tard, l2p " then started linking me his ulduar 25 achievements and telling me how good he is and that i should get on his level

Best thing you can do is just be nice and play for fun but be wary as youll meet plenty of elitist jerks on this server.. Best you can do is just /ignore them.
    Please let this be true, leveled almost to 73 and have all the time encountered these kind of toxic, weirdo players. Not kidding every dungeon, every ive been which are about 50+. Give me hope that things change at 80y. Starting to feel like 8.9 out of 10 players are like this http://i.imgur.com/WN942Ai.png

12. July 5, 2016  
    I started playing in wrath that's ok you can call me a wrath baby I don't care. I remember starting as a BM hunter and running out of arrows but good thing I had a sword. I remember the long grind to 60 than switching to a DK. I remember how much I struggled and than some older player who was not even my guild mate took me under his wind started showing tips and tricks to make my DK playing better and inviting me to ICE 25 normal raid. Things were so confusing we didn't even make it to the first boss but that didn't stop me wanting to get better at playing my class. Due to a job I had to take some time off from wow. But everyday even though I wasn't in the game I read all the lore books worked on back story for every toons I would make studied every game guide that came out. I would even dream of how my characters would play while I was back in game. Than one day while reading a philosophy book called philosophy and final fantasy I read something that changed how I would think and even play world of Warcraft or any game. It stated that A gamer was someone who would play a game not simply for the enjoyment of the game but would explore search out and spend hours finding everything and doing everything that game developers put into the game. That it wouldn't be uncommon to hear that gamers spending upwards to millions of hours on just one game. While players on the other hand just care about one thing and that's getting to end content as fast as possible and with no care about anyone else in the game. Players don't love the game they are playing they choose to ignore that and demand that developers gives them everything instead like the gamer going out and earning it. I consider myself now a wow gamer because I can give two ****s about getting to the end content or having the best gear in the game. I want to find everything the developers put into the world and in the game if that takes me to mythic raids than cool if that means I spend 4 days doing archeology just to get the damn vial of sands pattern than so be it. Along the way if I meet other like minded other gamers than great. So to all who play wow what are you a gamer or a player? What I see rib today's wow are more players than gamers and that's actually sad because developers have spend a lot of time putting all sorts of stuff in the game.

13. July 5, 2016  
    Lorda definitely has a very kind community.

14. July 6, 2016  
    don't worry, u will experience that
    btw real game starts at 80

update your unbiased post after few months of 80 level gameplay
    No, "real game" doesn't start at level 80. As far as I'm aware of, I'm playing (for real, in reality) and i am not level 80. This must mean that the real game starts at level 1, doesn't it?

To the OP: I agree with everything. Since day 1, I've met so many friendly people (all of them in my friendlist with a note how I met them) I can't even count them anymore. Then there are 2 other types of players - those that completely ignore you (they seem to be the ones whinning or crying, if there is something to whine or cry about) and those ones that don't speak english.

I've been having a blast playing on Loarderon.

15. July 8, 2016  
    Depends on the type of person you are and whom you chose to allow in your groups.
    If you're like the league of legends guy you're probably going to meet **** ppl and not know why, because these ppl lack the self awareness to realise they themselves are the problem

12 Last