1. July 2, 2016  

RDF? Casual Players?

Hello,

First, I'm sorry for not having found the answer to this. I have seen many posts talking about RDF, but none has the answer to my question yet and RDF which is 3 letters cannot be searched for...

If you want the quick question here it goes: Will RDF ever be available in Loradeon?

If you want the long and more interesting question form (suggested for Mods...), read on:

I'm an I guess "older player"; I'm 28 now, got a wife a job, etc. But I do like WOW and I prefer WOTLK to any other expansion. I was near BIS before Moltdown... etc, and I don't have time to deal the crap of other servers that don't have the seriousness of Warmane.

My situation now is that depending on my free time, I will either log in once a week for 2 hours or every day of the week 8 hrs a day, so I guess I'm a casual player.

One of the reasons I chose Loradeon over an almost instant 80 server is that like any other old WOTLK player, I figured it should filter out a good amount of eternal noobs from dungeons and raids and thus get a better value for my time.

I'm level 71 now, but I've been paying attention to global chat and I think we can agree that it's pretty hard to find a group for Normal Dungeons at 80. Then a lot of the HC groups require a fairly high GS (typical...). Then I read the forums and the raids are buffed, where 4k GS is barely enough for Naxx (not sure how updated is my info on this Naxx comment)?

So what's going through my mind? What's going to be of me in Loradeon when I'm 80? If RDF is on, at least I know I can gear up and progress, then fight my way in to a few raids, show I can perform and there I have a path to progression in the game... But if RDF is off, normal dungeon groups are so rare, and I'm a casual player, when it takes some times 30 min to find an RDF as a DPS in 20x server. How long will it be here...?

I get it, this is hardcore... 1x, retail, no ****ups, I'm fine with that... If I make an error in a raid kick me... But I think no RDF for ever and buffing raids is pushing it a little. I also understand "no RDF until the same time it was released in Retail" which I don't remember when it was... If it will come at some point I can live with that. But it seems that if RDF will never come, my situation doesn't have a future here.

Thoughts?

2. July 2, 2016  
    If you want the quick question here it goes: Will RDF ever be available in Loradeon?
    There are no plans to change that design feature of Lordaeron. And yes, the design feature is not having it enabled ever.
    Could that change? Who knows. Do I think it will change? Not really.