1. July 6, 2016  

New Female-Focused Guild

WoW can often be a lot of fun when you have a group of people you enjoy playing with. But, in the case of most female players, we still have to deal with some level of minor/major harassment pretty much daily. While maybe it's in jest or not meant to be taken seriously, it can still leave female players very uncomfortable, and often deters them from engaging in guild play and other group activities.

Introducing Femme Fatale, an entirely female-focused guild, new on Warmane's Icecrown server. Femme Fatale is a growing community dedicated to providing female gamers with active, fun-loving and safe group play.

While we are female-focused, all male players are welcome to join. We do not discriminate based on gender.

Please note that any and all harassing behavior will be met with an instant /gkick.

If you're curious for more info, or just want to say 'hi', /who any of our members for an invitation.

Thanks!

2. July 6, 2016  
    I bet 200$ that this guild is started by a guy so he can perv on females.

Jokes aside, if u are actually a female and just want a female guild to avoid "harassment" wouldnt it be easier for ppl to harass you when they know that your guild is full of females?

3. July 6, 2016  
    Would you harass someone with the Femme Fatale guild tag? Because there is a chance they might be female? As I mentioned, we gladly accept members of all genders, including males. So it's not a guild full of females at all.

The female-orientation of our guild stems from our zero tolerance policy for harassment. It is meant to give female players a safe haven from all of the typical trash we have to deal with, like being targeted for being a female player, as you were suggesting.

4. July 7, 2016  
    Guild for strong independant women with cats.

5. July 7, 2016  

6. July 7, 2016  
    inb4 full of fat nerds, playing with one hand

7. July 7, 2016  
    A wise man once told me : G.I.R.L in WoW means Guy In Real Life

8. July 7, 2016  

9. July 8, 2016  
    The replies to this thread make a great case on why several females would be interested in forming their own communities. :P I wish your new guild the best, hope you guys form a great non-toxic community in contrast to most of Icecrown player base.

10. July 9, 2016  
    To be very honest, calling a community "Toxic" because you are so immature to not be able to take criticism for your bad playing style is such an imbecilic action to take. If you are bad, take the criticism and improve. What did you expect, people to open their arms and say "oooh welcome to our server. Here is free gold and gear. Let us carry you through ICC 25 HCs although you have absolutely no knowledge in your class or whatsoever!" ?

In my 3,4 years of raiding in this server AND 1 year on WOD, I have never seen a discriminatory actions taken against females JUST BECAUSE of their sex. Most of the time it is because they cannot take criticisms and face the reality that they are under-performing. (By the way, this is not just female. Many male players cannot take criticisms too because they think they are playing in MLG gaming team.) If you play at least like a human and execute instructions on VoIP perfectly without failure, no raid leader will scream at you. I have known and seen (or, heard) female raid leaders also. How is that so if sexism is so prevalent in the community..

Please, don't try to prove it to us that there is some kind of "rape culture" in this community PLEASE. Real life feminists already gave me enough cancer with this. Just stop. Play with us and find yourself a home that suits you. Everyone will welcome you. We get it, there are some pervs that will try to hit on every single girl possible. Normal males know that they are *****s too. Move on. If you don't like these kinds of people, there is a convenient option in-game "ignore". There is even an addon that can expand the ignore list for you.

I meant no offense against any individual by writing this, but let's get real. This is a game.

11. July 9, 2016  
    Hum, I'm not sure you're replying to me, as I don't see much connexion between what you've written and what I have. Nowhere have I presented the reasons why I consider the community toxic, you're ascribing a series of psychological assumptions to me without knowing my motives. Some people are casuals and really don't care about what other more experienced players have to say about his/her performance, getting better at Wow is far from being amongst his/her priorities. I'm not making a case against 'rape culture', so I honestly don't know whom you're addressing with that. I also don't know what you mean by 'this is a game'. 'A game', in particular an MMORPG, is nowadays quite a complex concept within which different people may pursue different goals. You seem to be assuming that your conception of what a game should be - namely, performing well, I assume - is 'the' reason why a person should play a game. I've never cared about performing well in MMORPG's I've played, and a large portion of the communities into which I've partaken didn't care either, which made the overall environment better a thousandfold than Warmane's (actually not just Warmane's, but Wow's in general). Just because a person failed to do his role as she should doesn't mean she's mentally ******ed (I've probably been so addressed about 10x back when I still played). Perhaps it means she was too busy reading a book to be able to memorise all the phases of a Wow boss.
    Nevertheless, I appreciate your response (if it was directed to me) and the exchange of ideas. Wish you all the best in the game.

12. July 9, 2016  
    WoW can often be a lot of fun when you have a group of people you enjoy playing with. But, in the case of most female players, we still have to deal with some level of minor/major harassment pretty much daily. While maybe it's in jest or not meant to be taken seriously, it can still leave female players very uncomfortable, and often deters them from engaging in guild play and other group activities.

Introducing Femme Fatale, an entirely female-focused guild, new on Warmane's Icecrown server. Femme Fatale is a growing community dedicated to providing female gamers with active, fun-loving and safe group play.

While we are female-focused, all male players are welcome to join. We do not discriminate based on gender.

Please note that any and all harassing behavior will be met with an instant /gkick.

If you're curious for more info, or just want to say 'hi', /who any of our members for an invitation.

Thanks!

+20 stars @Kades16 "Is your guild Alliance or Horde? "English Speaking in chat? Casual or Hardcore? PvE/PvP or Both? Timezone for most of your members based? Do you have a Guild website?"

I think this is fantastic! I would love to see more female friendly based Guilds for everyone!
    We all need to be more positive and have a great attitude, help and respect one another and have fun.

Let Love Rule!
    Angelfire xoxoxo
    Edited: July 9, 2016

13. July 9, 2016  
    I meant no offense against any individual by writing this, but let's get real. This is a game.
    Definitely agree. But harassment is an issue. So is sexism. It's hard to enjoy the game as it is intended when you are bombarded with these things by immature individuals. Of course, this isn't everywhere, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

P.S. http://forum.warmane.com/group.php?groupid=31

14. July 9, 2016  
    I'm sorry to have to state the obvious. But if you don't want sexism to play a roll in what you do, why do would you create a guild to scream, "I'm a female!"?There's no rule online stating that it's a requirement to state your gender. If you don't want to have to deal with high-testosterone-immature-adolescences, then there's no reason to state that you are female. It is an online game, and as far as I know, if you don't state or show what your sexuality, gender, race, religion, etc is, then there's no way anyone would know. Trying to avoid the side effects of being a female online by creating a guild that exclaims feminism doesn't seem like the right move.

In any case, I do wish you luck with your guild and will refer my female friends with your same logic to join you.

15. July 9, 2016  
    That's like saying "How dare battered women and mother's shelters indicate they are for women!" The fact that some people think anonymity and concealment should be part of the solution to other people's indecency is fundamentally wrong.

123 Last