1. July 9, 2016  
    Definitely agree. But harassment is an issue. So is sexism. It's hard to enjoy the game as it is intended when you are bombarded with these things by immature individuals. Of course, this isn't everywhere, and it doesn't happen to everyone, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

P.S. http://forum.warmane.com/group.php?groupid=31
    you remind me of a tumblr feminist

2. Thanks! It's a horde guild on Icecrown. Pst us anytime to join!

3. Yes, I agree that this is a game. But unfortunately, there are many female players that are forced to put up with comments and jokes and other offensive behavior due to the fact that the community is 95% male. Now, I've been very clear about the fact that we do not discriminate. Our guild and myself both enjoy in-game activities with our male counterparts. Our guildies just have the benefit of being part of a community that has a very strong zero tolerance policy.

I appreciate that you have played for a while and know your way around the game. And I'm sure you're respectful while you play. But unfortunately, there are many who are not. And despite you never "seeing" any discriminatory actions towards females, I can assure you from personal experience (over approx. 9 years playing wow) that it completely does happen. Often. In fact, every single female I talk to has had to put up with sexual harassment or crude comments or other activities that wouldn't be acceptable if this were a physical community. But for some reason, people think that a virtual community doesn't abide by the same morals and principles.

What we're discussing here has nothing to do with players being skilled or not. I merely has to do with how players treat one another, and in this case, females in particular.

I appreciate your opinion and thanks for your comment.

4. I'm sorry to have to state the obvious. But if you don't want sexism to play a roll in what you do, why do would you create a guild to scream, "I'm a female!"?There's no rule online stating that it's a requirement to state your gender. If you don't want to have to deal with high-testosterone-immature-adolescences, then there's no reason to state that you are female. It is an online game, and as far as I know, if you don't state or show what your sexuality, gender, race, religion, etc is, then there's no way anyone would know. Trying to avoid the side effects of being a female online by creating a guild that exclaims feminism doesn't seem like the right move.

In any case, I do wish you luck with your guild and will refer my female friends with your same logic to join you.
    Yes, you're right in the sense that we don't have to announce our female presence because, realistically, it plays no part in the game anyways.

However, many guilds have Ventrilo or Team Speak which is required (I'm in a guild like this on my main). So it's not always avoidable for us. Personally, this is where the majority of harassment I've encountered has happened.

But at the same time, don't you think it's a little sad that female players have to avoid the subject of sexuality completely? Instead, most of us sadly pretend that we're "one of the guys". Don't you think that players should be treated the same regardless of their gender?

5. At first I was like oh no, not another <Super Gamer Girls XD>, then I was like oh they're just avoiding *****s. Good luck, they're rampant.
    Edited: July 10, 2016

6. you remind me of a tumblr feminist
    Actually, those who making sweeping generalizations would fit in better than myself.

7. Could be a guild made solely for hamsters to roll on a wheel all day without being disturbed, wtf does it matter lol.
    Let people do whatever the **** they want.

8. Yes, you're right in the sense that we don't have to announce our female presence because, realistically, it plays no part in the game anyways.

However, many guilds have Ventrilo or Team Speak which is required (I'm in a guild like this on my main). So it's not always avoidable for us. Personally, this is where the majority of harassment I've encountered has happened.

But at the same time, don't you think it's a little sad that female players have to avoid the subject of sexuality completely? Instead, most of us sadly pretend that we're "one of the guys". Don't you think that players should be treated the same regardless of their gender?
    Most guild that require Ventrilo or Team Speak or any voice program, do not require you to speak. Just to be able to hear, mostly commands and coordination in raids, battlegrounds and those sorts.

In the past, I've played with a female for 2 years, not even realizing she was a female until she stated it 2 years later. She didn't act like one of the guys. She didn't pride herself of being a female. She was another player, that played well and was friendly. Doesn't mean you have to act like one of the guys. Just play the game and enjoy it. The way you press 'w' to walk will not judge if you are female or male.

9. that's like saying "how dare battered women and mother's shelters indicate they are for women!"
    +

actually, those who making sweeping generalizations would fit in better than myself.
    =

epic win

10. I would totally agree with your goal, but good number of females I met in this game were attention seekers in desire of special treatment. Yes, those girls got harrased with various sex jokes a lot. (picture below)

Don't get me wrong here, there are good and modest girls in this community, but you're surely gonna get those girls that will run around orgrimmar naked with your guild name under their names begging for gold or seeking attention.

11. wtf is up with females glorifying the fact that they're females? i'm a female as well, so ****ing what? none ****ing cares about your female-focused guild, there's no "male focused guild", cause no matter what it's a game, not a gender game where if you're a female you're glorified as a goddess, like chill out dude, take the dick out your *** and "play like males do". nones gonna give you a cookie just cause you're a female & play WoW

12. Have you...
    Like..
    Not been reading what this is about?
    Like yeah they KNOW IT DOESN'T MATTER LOL. The reason this guild was made was a safe haven for for female gamers.
    Ofc there is no "male focused guild". They don't need them yo. That's like the whole "Why isn't there a hetero pride march!!"
    But whatever.

13. @grimreaper1999

LOL AT SAFE HAVEN. WHITE KNIGHT SPOTTED.

If you need a safe haven in ONLINE MMORPG GAME, you are pretty much ****ed in the brain really.

14. Look man, all I'm saying is it's so damn obnoxious to be playing and someone just reduces you to "hot gamer babe" and totally ignores your skill. It makes the game un-fun.

15. wtf is up with females glorifying the fact that they're females? i'm a female as well, so ****ing what? none ****ing cares about your female-focused guild, there's no "male focused guild", cause no matter what it's a game, not a gender game where if you're a female you're glorified as a goddess, like chill out dude, take the dick out your *** and "play like males do". nones gonna give you a cookie just cause you're a female & play WoW
    Agreed 100%.

First 123 Last