1. Is BM hunter viable in pvp?

Everyone told me that i should go MM because thats the pvp spec. But i really enjoy taming rare stuff and find BM better in general. I just wanna know what is the overall opinion on BM hunters in pvp, are they good/bad? Thanks in advance for the answers.

2. Im intersted in the same thing. Can anyone share some opinion? Thank you :)

3. I'm far from the best PvP hunter so take my words with a grain of salt.

For 1v1 situations like duels or world PvP, I think BM might actually be the best spec. I leveled up with a Chimaera pet and crushed most everybody I came across. If you spec for it, you can have its special ability (5 second snare) on a 7 second cooldown, and basically kite melees forever.

For 2v2 arenas, Beast Cleave (BM hunter + enh sham) is the most viable spec, tho I haven't really seen it here at all. I remember quite a few of them on retail. You could prob hit 2k+ rating, but I doubt it would ever get you as high as a proper MM+ret or MM+disc team played by skilled players. Usually the pet of choice for this is a Core Hound, which has the special ability of increasing opponents cast time by 25%. I'm guessing the shaman takes care of the snares and things. You also have a 3 second stun (intimidation) from the BM tree, and you don't need a PvP trinket b/c of Bestial Wrath. Basically you try to burst the other team down with your cooldowns and lose if you fail. Alternatively, you can skip the final talent in the BM tree to grab Readiness from the MM tree, though it doesn't reset Bestial Wrath. Perhaps sacrificing the special pets is worth it to get a reset on the 3 second stun + Rapid Fire, though I wouldn't really know b/c I only play BM to level.

For BGs, I don't think BM would be very good at all because pets die so easily, especially in a crowd. As MM in BGs I keep my ravager pet at my side 90% of the time as a mana battery, and send it in for the occasional stun. If I forget to put it back on passive after the stun it's usually dead within seconds. You also rely on your pet for like 50% of your dmg with BM so you're not going to get all those long range kills that you get with MM.

Hope this helps.
    Edited: July 15, 2016

4. As the post above me said, BM is very viable in 2s due to the high burst it offers once you catch someone out. For 3s and BGs though, and even for 2s in a lot of cases, MM is better.

5. while pet offensive stats scaling and resilence is bugged bm is not viable in pvp and pve

6. What is bugged about the scaling exaclty ??

7. Are the pets really bugged here? Lordaeron and Icecrown.

I am an old player of the molten and I'm wanting to play again, but my main spec of hunter was always BM. If BM is bugged, I will not play here.

Is the problem only with hunter?

8. Can't really take BM seriously because the only thing it's good at is one shotting pve clothies who are pvping for the first time (if that suits you who am I to stop you lel). But in all seriousness, most people find BM a joke because its so easy to deal with them.

Dmg is mehh

Then again, you might run into people who yell it's op since they are 20k health with no resilience, pop no defensive cooldowns and go yolo (these are the best people lmao)

10/10 would bestial wrath /pettack /cast deterrence again
    kappa
    Edited: August 4, 2016

9. Can't really take BM seriously because the only thing it's good at is one shotting pve clothies who are pvping for the first time (if that suits you who am I to stop you lel). But in all seriousness, most people find BM a joke because its so easy to deal with them.

Dmg is mehh

Then again, you might run into people who yell it's op since they are 20k health with no resilience, pop no defensive cooldowns and go yolo (these are the best people lmao)

10/10 would bestial wrath /pettack /cast deterrence again
    kappa
    Play with BM can be easy to newbies, but to play well, rating 2k+, the challenge is much greater than play with MM. I played with BM in the WotLK, Cataclysm and Pandaria, in the Blizzard, always with a good performance. In molten, long time ago, was the same.

For me, any class or any spec are defiant if you want to be good. So spare me this speech of noob. The game gives me many options and I play what I like. and I play very well.

My ask was simple: Are the pets bugged or not?

10. Are the pets bugged or not?
    They are.

aoaidsgfahdfbiyhgfwf (damn character limit)

11. Pet HP seems reaaaally low from what I remember on retail, but I don't have hard data to back that up. Like, on Lordaeron, my pet has 12k hp when I have 21k. I thought I remembered pet HP being much closer to owner's HP, even as MM.

However, looking at the 2v2 ladder for Lordaeron, it seems the third highest hunter is playing BM @ 2500ish rating, and there's another around 2300ish; so it certainly seems viable in 2s. It's worth noting that both specs are 50/21, skipping the last BM talent to take Readiness, and are playing with an Enh Shammy.
    Edited: August 6, 2016

12. Can't really take BM seriously because the only thing it's good at is one shotting pve clothies who are pvping for the first time (if that suits you who am I to stop you lel). But in all seriousness, most people find BM a joke because its so easy to deal with them.
    Seems like it would be better than MM for dealing with rogues because you can bestial wrath out of the opener. In your mm vs. rogue guide you talk about just using roar of sac and eating the damage in the opener. Seems to me that bestial wrath + flare + intimidation is a lot more effective response to that.

The same could be said for a number of other ccs out there. Several months ago, I saw a hunter who was then at the top of the 2s charts as MM dueling on Icecrown with as BM with a chimaera. He was wrecking people, including rets and rogues, and he told me that he liked BM better for dueling. The chimaera high uptime snare is pretty huge for dealing with melee.

I agree it's a poor spec for bgs, though, because of the pet survivability issue.
    Edited: September 12, 2016

13. I thought the go-to spec to roll for pvp was survival, how mistaken am i and why?, i'm curious since i haven't read anything about that spec and i used to love it.

14. BM hits like a wet noodle on ret paladins who sit 1 hander and shield, also allowing the ret to hit the pet = art of war procs = heals. Therefore its a lose-lose situation for the BM: send pet for damage and give ret free heals, or deny heals but rip damage. Divine protection the bestial wrath and watch as sacred shield absorbs all the damage.

Also, you will only faceroll really Sub bad rogues because they can always evasion the first intimidation. If they play properly and dont all in you in the opener and use vanish to properly reset often and only come with next shadow dance i'ts quite the counter to hunters in general. Any rogue other than subtlety you will faceroll though since they can't shadowstep

However I would still agree its possible to beat rogue as BM; the way to do that is roll orc with 15% stun meta gem so you get 30% stun reduction and play with corroded skeleton key, save intimidation until after the evasion. Readiness spec is also a good option since the utility is much greater than 4 talents for pet.

15. Seems like it would be better than MM for dealing with rogues because you can bestial wrath out of the opener. In your mm vs. rogue guide you talk about just using roar of sac and eating the damage in the opener. Seems to me that bestial wrath + flare + intimidation is a lot more effective response to that.

The same could be said for a number of other ccs out there. Several months ago, I saw a hunter who was then at the top of the 2s charts as MM dueling on Icecrown with as BM with a chimaera. He was wrecking people, including rets and rogues, and he told me that he liked BM better for dueling. The chimaera high uptime snare is pretty huge for dealing with melee.

I agree it's a poor spec for bgs, though, because of the pet survivability issue.
    That is true, however you lack any cc to keep a rogue pinned down. As stated above evasion is a full counter to your pet and a rogue can just cloak your traps. You don't have entrapment or bleeds (you can use raptor for savage rend but as i stated above evasion > pet). Also bullheaded is currently broken so if the rogue cc's your pet you are forced to BW.
    Generally the rogue should open with shadow dance, in which you have to respond by using BW or trinket. If you BW the good rogues will simply sprint vanish and if you dont catch them here they'll come back the next minute with another shadow dance and this time get your trinket. Unless you somehow deterrence blind here you are in a really bad situation. A night elf rogue is the hardest to play against since they have 3 restealths with shadowmeld-stealth.

12 Last