1. About to start a warlock, any tips?

Hi, i never played a warlock before, and im having trouble finding what to main since months so i started a lock for the first time, and i would appreciate some help.

As i heard the general leveling "rotation" is to send the void walker on the mob and then wand, idk if its true or not. I tried using spells and ran out of mana in 2 seconds. (that might be because im new to the game in general i dont know).

Also, what spec should i go with if i want to wpvp/bg ? I really like the idea of putting dots on people and then seeing them die.

Last question, since im horde, should i go undead or orc? I want to go with orc but im afraid that riding a horse will look weird. (im afraid the orc will be better than the horse itself, so if there are any orc locks out there then i would appreciate some insight :P)

Also, if u guys have any advice that would come handy, then please dont be afraid to share.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ok, i've been playing warlock for some time now.

For leveling: As your spec you should definitely pick <Affliction>. It allows you to become sort of perpetuum mobile. Send your pet, put your dots [Corruption] for example and then spam [Drain Life] until dead. Run out of mana? [Life Tap] it is. It transfers your health into mana. And you won't run out of health, beacuse you'll be using [Drain Life]. No more OOM moments, no more stop for food/drink.

As for pet: When i level i use [Voidwalker], it taunts, it has a lot of hp, and if you find yourself in trouble you can use his special abillity [Sacrifice] to gain temporary shield (pretty big one imo)

Raid: Definitely <Demonology>. Never seen a rading warlock being in other spec.
    BG: <Destrucion> Best PvP Warlock spec, hand down.

Orc is the best class for PvE warlock since the bloodrage racial that gives spell power, also Orc's pets deal more damage, which in case of a demonology warlock will come in handy. For PvP i recommend Undead for [Will of the Forsaken]. But Blood Elves can also work with their [Arcane Torrent].

3. As it's been said, leveling a warlock is very easy with the voidwalker tanking, the self heals of the affliction spec with corruption and drain life, and Life tap which allows you to never go oom.

In PVE, all 3 specs are viable. Demonology is the most useful for your teammates, all raids need one, which is good and bad (if there is already a demono in the raid, the other one is kinda useless because of the low dps it pulls off). Destru is best for low gears, and affli becomes better with high level of haste.

In PvP, destru and affli are both extremely viables either in BGs or arenas. Destru is the faceroll specs, very fun to play and easy to begin with, the gameplay consists in brutal bursts with immo-conflag-chaos bolt. It's very good in arena with an elem. On the other hand, affli is a lot more difficult to handle for a beginner, but offers a larger skillcap imo. You deal constant damage to multiple targets with your dots and heal yourself a lot with corru/drain life/haunt. You want to play it with a healer in 2s.
    Edited: July 18, 2016

4. Hello.

Ok, first leveling. Leveling is not that hard as it seems, you just need to get used to playing a Warlock. The easiest spec for leveling would be Affliction with Voidwalker. You can basically tount mobs with Void, DoT everything and Drain Life. Life Tap when OOM and you're good. Keep in mind that you can use all 3 specs for leveling if you want, Affliction just has most survivability. It can be a little boring if you are planing to enjoy your leveling. If you want fun you can level with Demonology, it's not that hard.

Ok, wPvP and BG's you say. Affliction or Destruction. Some people say Destruction is better, some would go for Affliction. I like them both, and I play them both. I would say they are matter of personal choice. You either like total destruction, really nice burst and pressure and "Kill them before they kill me" tactic, or you like Doting people and watching them slowly die as you drain the life out of them. My advice is to try them all, even Demonology for PvP (it can be fun, trust me) and continue playing the one you like the most while improving yourself.

Race? I like Undead more then the Orcs. I kinda fits to the whole class fantasy and the racial is nice for PvP. Orc is really nice for PvE and PvP to. I leveled to 80 as a Orc, then I changed to Undead, because Orcs look lame in a dress and I find them to big.

Any advice? Keep improving yourself. Ask for help if you are having trouble with something and watch some videos related to Warlock gameplay. It can be hard to play a Warlock in the beginning, especially if you are new to the game. Warlock was my first class i chose from the moment i tried this game so it took me some time to get used to it. And you really need to love it to keep playing it. It's not an OP class so you can't just play it because of that.
    Also, being Demonology in PvE when you have low gear can get you a raid spot easily. When you later have better gear you can go Affliction or Destro, or stay Demo if you like it. And don't be sloppy, always have Soul Shards if you are raiding. :)

Hope I helped. Ask if you need more help and good luck.

5. Race? I like Undead more then the Orcs. I kinda fits to the whole class fantasy
    That's the spirit of real Warlock!

6. When you reach level 50 you can also respec to Demonology, Felguard is a beast and killing mobs might be even faster this way.
    Here is a guide about how you should spend your talent points and some other tips:
    http://theworldofwarcrafters.blogspo...logy-1-80.html

7. Orcs are more "class fantasy" for warlocks, as they are original warlocks, shamans became warlocks after corrupted by Burning Legion.
    Just saying.

8. Orcs are more "class fantasy" for warlocks, as they are original warlocks, shamans became warlocks after corrupted by Burning Legion.
    Just saying.
    Totally agree! One of the most famous Warlocks was an Orc (Gul'Dan). But, they just look silly in a dress, and are to big. And if I am going to play and look at this char for a long time, I chose an Undead. Regardless of lore (WC lore, not WoW lore), they still fit in to whole class fantasy and look cool.

But, that is just my opinion. :)