1. ROFL! :D Joke's on me, guys! I'm banned as well!

Okay, OP, I believe you now :D Last login: 39 minutes ago from United States and I'm from Bulgaria, currently in the UK. 39 minutes ago I was buying ice cream at the supermarket, so yeah. Last time I played on my account was last night.

@Warmane - when can we have our accounts back? Is this server-side or client-side?

Edit: the sad thing is that at the time I was "Advertising", I was actually looking into Warmane bugs online in order to fix them. Look at my tabs on the screenshot and then look at the rogue forum section. I've been playing on Warmane since 2010 and to get banned for "Advertising" in case I have contributed so immensely to the rogue & warrior class development on this server is just laughable. I just came back home from work and was just going to log in with my rogue so I can continue testing... and I'm banned :D hahaha
    Edited: July 21, 2016

2. "You've done something to make all this trigger whether you'd like to accept this fact or not. "

This is 100% wrong. I did nothing wrong to get hacked, and i'm guessing the same thing happen to him. So don't make a post if you don't know the situation.
    That's 100% correct. You're the one responsible for everything that happens with the account. It's your sole responsibility to make sure the account is safe. Being negligent doesn't removes the blame from your shoulders. No one "gets hacked" by divine intervention. We don't ban offending people, we ban offending accounts. If the account was used to break rules, it gets banned, whether it was you using it or not.

Okay, OP, I believe you now :D Last login: 39 minutes ago from United States and I'm from Bulgaria, currently in the UK. 39 minutes ago I was buying ice cream at the supermarket, so yeah. Last time I played on my account was last night.

@Warmane - when can we have our accounts back? Is this server-side or client-side?
    Our login server is in the US. If you try to connect, but the login isn't finished (like when it gets refused because the account is banned), your last login will show as coming from the US. You'll likely have your account back after you open a ban appeal and get it processed. The other possibility is you having landed on an IP that got permanently banned in the past, case in which restarting your modem usually should be enough to get a different one.

3. Plebs. ..

Two Factor Authentication: Disabled
    I find your lack of double security disturbing :').

4. Double security is for paranoids :D

jkjk I'll do it once I get my acc back I promise! thx for the info, Obnoxious :) I'll put one up right away. In that case how can I know where exactly was this last login from? And when? I mean, not that I can do something about it, but I guess you guys can isolate and terminate the cause of the problem, can't you?

We don't ban offending people, we ban offending accounts.
    That explains why I lasted so long on Warmane kappa

sry, I saw my chance and I took it :D

Edit: how do I make a ban appeal? This is my first time getting banned :D
    Edit2: is there something wrong with the forum today? It randomly loses connection, saying that the host "forum.warmane.com" does not respond.

5. That explains why I lasted so long on Warmane kappa

sry, I saw my chance and I took it :D
    Yeah, I know it's a joke, but still, I was talking in general cases, and specific for in-game.
    People who push too far in-game can get all their accounts banned, and any ban in the Forums means "you aren't welcome" - people who try to use alt accounts can attest to that.

6. The IP of my last login appeared and I tracked it.

http://www.ipfingerprints.com/

You were right! What are you guys doing all the way in Cali? :D

7. Like I said, that's just the login/authentication server. Think of it as a middleman, just like Paymentwall is one for donations.

8. Speaking of which, weren't there a lot of people who complained about getting banned because of Paymentwall? I mean, that's not my case because I haven't donated soon, but still...?

Also, I found out how to open a ban appeal, so disregard my edit above :D

9. Yes, some people were/are having issues with Paymentwall fraud checking triggering too easily, but that would be a completely different ban message already, so this isn't related in any way. Those bans are issued automatically when Paymentwall flags an account as attempting a fraudulent transaction, while Advertising bans are manually issued by a GM (or by the Head GM, for cases of IP bans).

I hadn't even seen the edit, since it was made after I already had posted a reply.

10. So this means that someone actually logged with a character on my account and spammed in a capital city or something? I hope it was Stormwind :D I'm a main Horde.

11. Taralej that sucks but it's pretty funny at the same time, now go get unbanned. Now I'll probably get banned too since I laughed

12. ikr

"hav u ever ben bannd?" - yes
    "wtf for?" - fakeban, lel

Wow, btw will this affect my membership status when I get unbanned? Idc much about how many VPs I receive, I want to keep seeing that "Patriot" title.

Spoiler: Show

Okay, I'll stop now...

13. My account was banned as well. Hopefully it will get lifted. I have since updated my password.

I find it odd that all these accounts were supposedly hacked/banned. My computer is clean. My password was not strong but odd that this is happening to so many people. I hope the accounts weren't compromised on the server side.
    There is probably a hack that let's you just keep trying different passwords, because I never gave out anything or did anything for them to be able to get on my account. It says I was last logged in from Japan, but I live in U.S. I had the same password for a long time with no problems too. I understand that the account is my responsibility but I definitely did not do anything negligent to get hacked, hope that makes sense

14. There is probably a hack that let's you just keep trying different passwords
    I'm pretty sure that even the default TrinityCore will lock you out for doing that, if it does work here then someone deserves to be bashed.

EDIT: For those of you who are appealing a ban; Remember ban appeals are a lower priority.

15. Same thing happened to me. tried writing ticket but no answer.

First 1234 Last