1. Lower priority??? Great. And I expected to get unbanned within a day or two. My friends and I were just getting hyped about our leveling together on Lordaeron. Just great... Oh well, off to LoL then.

2. Amazing that anytime there is somebody spamming global with those account stealing scam sites, everybody's accounts start getting "hacked" and they all pretend that they didn't go to any suspicious sites.

3. Derpy, I have never in my life bought even 1 copper. But you'll get banned too tomorrow maybe and then we'll see how you'll talk :) Look at page 1 of this thread, I was the same as you.

And yeah, that's a very clever strategy - hack people's accounts, advertise through them, get them banned so they will need to look for another server, avoid having to make new accounts over and over => win-win.

If this happened to all of us here in this thread, then I can guess that pretty much anyone without two-factor authentication can be affected. I scanned my PC - all clear. I've never ever EVER in my 11 years of WoW even thought about trading characters, gold or whatever.
    Edited: July 21, 2016

4. Same thing happened to me, but i actually have two-factor authentication. I filed a ban appeal a few minutes ago

5. Derpy, I have never in my life bought even 1 copper. But you'll get banned too tomorrow maybe and then we'll see how you'll talk :) Look at page 1 of this thread, I was the same as you.

And yeah, that's a very clever strategy - hack people's accounts, advertise through them, get them banned so they will need to look for another server, avoid having to make new accounts over and over => win-win.

If this happened to all of us here in this thread, then I can guess that pretty much anyone without two-factor authentication can be affected. I scanned my PC - all clear. I've never ever EVER in my 11 years of WoW even thought about trading characters, gold or whatever.
    Yeah, I don't think so. The only websites I go to are Facebook, Warmane site and some random makeup sites...I don't think any of those are going to hack me.

6. Same thing happened to me, but i actually have two-factor authentication. I filed a ban appeal a few minutes ago
    Well, that's worrying...

@Derpy - same, bro :) except for the makeup sites

7. Get off WIFI. And use cable. Because rats can hack u without going through your router.

8. Good advice, now that you say it, but I can't do it, I'm afraid. I live in a rental and the router's downstairs - no way to get a cable up to my room. :/

I'm much more worried about what Dunnoname said on getting hacked despite two-factor authentication. I thought that was as safe as it can get. I mean, I'm sure I'll get my account back soon, but if even that feature doesn't protect me, then what will?

9. Location detect can't guess alway correct if you have dynamic IP address/useing 3rd ISP service(hide orgirnal IP) for avoid DDoS you can see wrong place like USA , Russia ,Germany, bla bla .
    C/C++ developer nice story bro but a lot Bulgarian Players share account information with friends and at end cry for account is hacked and banned for no reason
    Edited: July 22, 2016

10. Well, I don't share my Warmane account with anyone. Only my little brother knows my account, but he has his own account and he plays on retail anyway. I did check the login history from the Warmane account section though and it seems someone's been trying fervently to log in at the beginning of May from Varna... and I don't live in that city from 1 year.

Anyway, I got my account back now. Changed my password to a completely random 11-symbol machine generated combination of letters, numbers etc which I just memorized. If you tell me now that someone can "guess" my password, then idk :D Also activated two-factor authentication and am currently doing a WEBS backup.
    Edited: July 22, 2016

11. Even if people share accounts, this seems to happen quite frequent. I don't think anyone that played on this server for a long time would actually start advertising for anything. I would understand if it was only the case for a few, but this affects much more people who have been playing on this server for a long time.

To the double authentication: I think it's useless in this case and doesn't add any layer of security to the account since all of the banned accounts got banned.

12. I've made my lock on lordaeron like 1 month ago,I've reached lvl 51 and suddenly I start advertising?Yeah for sure,but if you want to keep my acc,then enjoy it,I'm not gonna start it over again,and in that case I definately won't recommend this server to anyone(not like if this ruins warmane,but if I can convince 1 guy,it's already enough)

13. I've made my lock on lordaeron like 1 month ago,I've reached lvl 51 and suddenly I start advertising?Yeah for sure,but if you want to keep my acc,then enjoy it,I'm not gonna start it over again,and in that case I definately won't recommend this server to anyone(not like if this ruins warmane,but if I can convince 1 guy,it's already enough)
    Yes, because it is definitely Warmane's fault that you gave your account info out to people who decided to break the rules and get you banned. Good riddance, kid.

14. so its really hard to give me one chance and let me change pw
    If i was really an advertiser,do you think I would be begging here for unban?I don't know why they have to take it so seriously,I've been using this acc name+pw ever since I started using internet,even my fb got "hacked" once,I just never thought a hacker would be interested in banning a wow acc.
    Edited: July 24, 2016

15. Yay, my ban is down. The only explanation would be that I had the same credentials on other servers, otherwise I can't understand how did they break thru and moreover get my account username since I never post on forums. Are players username listed somewhere and I'm not aware of that?

A lock ip system for the in-game login would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible.

First 1234 Last