1. Location detect can't guess alway correct if you have dynamic IP address/useing 3rd ISP service(hide orgirnal IP) for avoid DDoS you can see wrong place like USA , Russia ,Germany, bla bla .
    C/C++ developer nice story bro but a lot Bulgarian Players share account information with friends and at end cry for account is hacked and banned for no reason
    :D OMG Developers have no friends. :D 100% this is server problem. This is not only one or two players problem :D
    And what can get from 30 level mage :D :? 2-3 gold
    PS. I think that wow client may have problems and have hidden keylogger or smthing else.
    How can I install clean copy of wow?
    Edited: July 25, 2016

2. Whats going on?More and more ppl gets banned for advertising without doing anything,you can accuse us of visiting gold selling sites or sharing our account infos,but to be honest I've never seen any which has keyloggers(maybe there are some which promise free gold,but anyone older than 12 won't fall for it),and can hardly imagine that anyone would share his account with someone else,maybe his brother,but why would anyone's bro make the acc banned?

And all of them is advertising?Why only advertising?If some random guy steals you acc,why would he advertise anything,not just taking your goods?

3. I had the same problem.
    I had like 7 of my accounts banned for advertising, so not even all of my accounts, all had 2 step authentication enabled and I didn't share information with anyone.
    I highly suggest you look further into this Warmane. It's not like 1 or 2 people getting banned for exactly the same thing and then making a forum post after it.
    You can't tell every single one of them that it's their fault, because people with some sense in their head actually do exist on this server (believe it or not).

4. I would like to know why my thread about this same thing was closed yet this one has been allowed to go on for four pages. Mine is a weird situation. I definitely do not fit the criteria for someone who would even be hacked or visit gold selling sites, one out of my five accounts that I play on a daily basis was just randomly banned for advertising. I multi-box, and it is not the account I use as a main so it even barely uses any type of chat channel. Plus...my other four accounts should have been compromised if they got a hold of one of them. but they are fine as all of my accounts have been for over five years here.

I do no cheat, never have, never use any strange programs or sites, heck i've never even had a warning or a ban here ever. Something fishy is going on and I do not know what the deal is.

Anyways, I was told to go to My Account, Go to Support and create a ticket for a Ban Appeal. All great and fine, but the issue is the ban appeals are on lowest priority, so my account that I play daily has received a ban that I cannot fathom how it happened, is now unusable going on over 12 hours, even though I put in the ban appeal, made an in game ticket with my main account, and posted on the forums, within an hour or so of the ban. I actually sat in game for about 5 hours until the GM did not even speak to me, he just left a generic response telling me to put in the ban appeal, which I already had done. I tried to reply to him pleading for him to have someone look at the appeal but I would have had to wait for another 5 hours or so for most likely another dead end.

I respect the job they are doing as we all know there are tons of advertisers that come on the servers, but this is kind of ridiculous.

5. I would like to know why my thread about this same thing was closed yet this one has been allowed to go on for four pages. Mine is a weird situation. I definitely do not fit the criteria for someone who would even be hacked or visit gold selling sites, one out of my five accounts that I play on a daily basis was just randomly banned for advertising. I multi-box, and it is not the account I use as a main so it even barely uses any type of chat channel. Plus...my other four accounts should have been compromised if they got a hold of one of them. but they are fine as all of my accounts have been for over five years here.

I do no cheat, never have, never use any strange programs or sites, heck i've never even had a warning or a ban here ever. Something fishy is going on and I do not know what the deal is.

Anyways, I was told to go to My Account, Go to Support and create a ticket for a Ban Appeal. All great and fine, but the issue is the ban appeals are on lowest priority, so my account that I play daily has received a ban that I cannot fathom how it happened, is now unusable going on over 12 hours, even though I put in the ban appeal, made an in game ticket with my main account, and posted on the forums, within an hour or so of the ban. I actually sat in game for about 5 hours until the GM did not even speak to me, he just left a generic response telling me to put in the ban appeal, which I already had done. I tried to reply to him pleading for him to have someone look at the appeal but I would have had to wait for another 5 hours or so for most likely another dead end.

I respect the job they are doing as we all know there are tons of advertisers that come on the servers, but this is kind of ridiculous.
    Hello, If you follow the thread and read my posts. I didn't visit such sites (gold selling sites). My account was created in 2009-2010. I played frostwolf server and from 1 month I play in WotLK for 1-2h per day just for fun. I think that our problem are the same and this is something with server. Maybe leaked database or corrupted client that both of us are downloaded from site.
    Look last visit time and from where is this visit.
    Mine was from US and I am from Bulgaria.

6. Yay, my ban is down. The only explanation would be that I had the same credentials on other servers, otherwise I can't understand how did they break thru and moreover get my account username since I never post on forums. Are players username listed somewhere and I'm not aware of that?

A lock ip system for the in-game login would be nice, but I don't know if it's possible.
    No, usernames aren't listed and we even edit out posts where the player includes their username and we see it.

:D OMG Developers have no friends. :D 100% this is server problem. This is not only one or two players problem :D
    And what can get from 30 level mage :D :? 2-3 gold
    PS. I think that wow client may have problems and have hidden keylogger or smthing else.
    How can I install clean copy of wow?
    They can advertise until caught with a level 30 mage.

I would like to know why my thread about this same thing was closed yet this one has been allowed to go on for four pages.
    You answer your own question if you know a tiny bit of Forum etiquette: there's no need for multiple threads on the same subject. The most that could have been done differently was for yours to be merge into this one or simply deleted.

Mine is a weird situation. I definitely do not fit the criteria for someone who would even be hacked or visit gold selling sites, one out of my five accounts that I play on a daily basis was just randomly banned for advertising. I multi-box, and it is not the account I use as a main so it even barely uses any type of chat channel. Plus...my other four accounts should have been compromised if they got a hold of one of them. but they are fine as all of my accounts have been for over five years here.

This goes for everyone saying this is a "server issue" or similar things: advertisement bans are issued manually by a GM; this is no automated system that could have "mistakenly caught you"; for an account to be banned for advertising a GM witnessed a character in the account being used to do it. Also, GMs don't deal with Ban Appeals. The reason we have a Support system for that outside the game should show that. Opening in-game tickets asking for a GM to "have a look faster" will have as much effect as doing that in a Forum thread or PM.

7. No, usernames aren't listed and we even edit out posts where the player includes their username and we see it.
    Actually this is false. Since this has changed to be warmane, the forum name is set as default to your in game account name. And no apparent way in your profile settings to change it. Mine happens to have been changed before this was Warmane.

This goes for everyone saying this is a "server issue" or similar things: advertisement bans are issued manually by a GM; this is no automated system that could have "mistakenly caught you"; for an account to be banned for advertising a GM witnessed a character in the account being used to do it. Also, GMs don't deal with Ban Appeals. The reason we have a Support system for that outside the game should show that. Opening in-game tickets asking for a GM to "have a look faster" will have as much effect as doing that in a Forum thread or PM.
    Right but here is the thing in my case. The night before the ban and the morning right before it, I was on characters that we pre-level 19 and in the blood elf starting zone. They were not even in a major city where they could have used a trade channel or anything. So you are telling me that while the other night before the network outtage, while I am multiboxing five paladins in the blood elf starting zone, doing nothing but setting up my macros and questing, a GM manually bans just one of my five accounts, that has never been used in a public channel or whisper (or had the ability to)?????

Come on Obnoxious. think about this for a moment. I have been here and been a donor since pre warmane. over five years. Are you telling me this couldn't possibly be human error or something technical on the staff side? That my account that is almost full of level 80s, I would risk in any type of fashion like this, when I have never even had a warning on any of my accounts?

I am not here to argue, just stating what is actually happening from my end/point of view to try and gain insight on why one of my accounts would be banned when I have no clue how it was even possible and hoping that the Warmane gods can figure out what is going on without me losing an account for no reason.

Also just for reference, I do not think my account was hacked so it was slightly different from this thread. Here is my thread which got closed while this one is still going? http://forum.warmane.com/showthread.php?t=337503
    Edited: July 25, 2016

8. but can we get a chance to change our pw at least?

9. Just got the account back and noticed an announcement has been made on the main page of the site.

Just want to give a HUGE shoutout and thank you to Proterean for getting this resolved. :)

First ... 234