1. Character Trade Input

I was not 100% sure where to post this so it's here. Feel free to move if there is a more appropriate place to post.

I want to start out by saying that I love this feature. I am having fun with it. I have purchased 7-8 toons and sold 4-5 in the last few weeks.

I have a couple gripes to put out there though. These gripes will probably fall on deaf ears though. Perhaps the Warmane staff could produce a guide that emphasize a few things. I am still new to this so I don't know all intricacies of the trade system.

1. Telling us how many emblems you have on the character doesn't make a difference if you are not selling the character with inventory included. The emblems and tokens, etc are stripped when you sell that character with no inventory. The only thing from the currency tab that seems to transfer is the arena and honor points.

2. Telling us your gearscore in each spec doesn't matter if the gear is not included. Gear in your bank and bags DO NOT TRANSFER when you don't sell with inventory.

3. Don't advertise best in slot if it's not even close to bis. :)

4. DO LEAVE INFO ON THE CHARACTER. Tell people about the rare mounts, professions, titles, etc. Don't just leave it blank. Sell the toon (but don't lie)

5. If you really want to sell a toon, tell people how to get in touch with you (forum user name, Skype, other character name, etc) This is valuable to a potential buyer.

I realize the only way to sell some characters is to sell without inventory and with gear removed. But these sellers need to realize that advertising their gearscore and gear they have in their bags is a waste of time and could sway a buyer into purchasing something that they won't be getting which will leave a sour taste in their mouth.

I think that some of the people are posting this info in hopes that the buyer IS NOT aware that they won't get the items but I also think some sellers just don't know this.

A buyer might buy this toon hoping to the advertised pvp and pve gear in the bank, but as you can see, the inventory is not included so the buyer will be quite disappointed.

This one is a great example of a motivated seller willing to work with the buyer to give them what they want.
    Edited: July 20, 2016

2. A much needed post in terms of guidelines to players putting up their characters for sale. Thank you for this!
    I can point out though that emblems are not saved as they are still considered physical objects, just not apearing in your bags but instead on the currency tab, where as the arena and honor points are not considered physical objects, and therefore they follow the character in the event of a purchase.

Historically the emblems were in your bags, while honor have never been, although BG marks were. This is why emblems are still treated as physical objects.

3. Historically the emblems were in your bags, while honor have never been, although BG marks were. This is why emblems are still treated as physical objects.
    It's unfortunate that they don't follow the character because I've seen some really good deals on toons that have loads of emblems that would help in getting an almost naked toon up to speed faster.

4. Also price do not scale with professions. Btw how do people level in 12min on icecrown ? There is guy selling with 12 min playtime.

P.S im not sure why do trade even exist, only fool will buy char from trade, cause insta level costs 20 coins only, also buying items in store is cheaper than in trade lets say bis.
    Edited: July 20, 2016

5. Also price do not scale with professions. Btw how do people level in 12min on icecrown ? There is guy selling with 12 min playtime.

P.S im not sure why do trade even exist, only fool will buy char from trade, cause insta level costs 20 coins only, also buying items in store is cheaper than in trade lets say bis.
    I asked the person who bought a naked rogue from me (for 30 coins) why did he do it + sent him a small gift as a thank you and this is the response i got http://imgur.com/a/oDisk

6. I asked the person who bought a naked rogue from me (for 30 coins) why did he do it + sent him a small gift as a thank you and this is the response i got http://imgur.com/a/oDisk
    That's awesome! :)

7. Haha similar thing happened to me and a guy who bought my naked 80 DK.

8. If i put down all my gear and store it into the bank will the buyer get it all?
    And what i must check in the trade slot equipment only or full inventoty?

9. If i put down all my gear and store it into the bank will the buyer get it all?
    And what i must check in the trade slot equipment only or full inventoty?
    full inventory to get bank aswell I guess. I asked the staff to check a potential exploit with the system, and they reported back that it is IMPOSSIBLE to sell well geared characters (with gear in bank) for only 30 coins. Please don't let yourself be scammed.