1. Seeing how hard garg hits haste isnt that bad and he s with runic corruption . Haste was never bad for uh
    In this expansion its bad compared to mastery and crit. Really bad. When i came from cata here to MoP i used haste > mastery > crit (reforge) build and then i saw (when some exp dk players told me and after testing different build) that haste dont have any point. You have a lot lower dps...Mastery > crit > haste (reforge). Thats why i told her/him to change thoose gems (and reforges if wrong) and he/she will be top 100 :P

2. the Korean meta is pretty cool actually

3. the Korean meta is pretty cool actually
    Yes it is! It is far better than Mastery and Crit.

Ilyanah why the **** you use haste gems with unholy spec? :D And not one gem, all of them have +160 or full haste...Change that to crit and mastery and i am sure you ll be top 100 :P
    I am 3 weeks behind in gear 544 ilvl, I am busy at work and I do not have much time to play WoW. Maybe If I did arenas right from the Prideful update, you would see me in top 100.

Reasons why I go haste?
    1. Gargoyle Castime: My Gargoyle cast time is 0.8 seconds making it hit more gargoyle strikes in 30 seconds. Check your Gargoyle Cast time and tell me.

2. Runic Corruption: When it procs it gives me 3 runes back instead of one rune with Blood tap.

3. No rune downtime, more necrotics, more dispels from icy touch and more damage because of no rune downtime. And haste makes you use a lot more abilities, Mastery or Crit DK, will have rune downtimes and Haste DK would still be hitting with spells. Haste works awesome against a Healer comp. Healer is gonna kite you 100% I'm sure of that.

4. Soul Reaper: When the target dies before it expires, 5 seconds 100% haste will give all my runes back. Making me use more abilities on the next target with no downtime.

5. This spec is made by Koreans, I am half Chinese and we have a lot in common with Koreans maybe that's why this spec works for me.

I will be making a video on why I chose Haste over anything else in Unholy. You can watch this for the meantime.

To tell you the truth, it depends on how you play. Unholy is a very complicated spec.

BTW. Please watch my awesome SEX videos on http://ilyanah.shivtr.com. Have fun!

Edited: August 5, 2016

4. @ilyanah - Ok. As i said in posts before i used haste as main when i come here from cata but a lot of peps said (like 99% of them) thats stupid thing...maybe i ll try again :P

5. In s14 alot of dks (top ones) went haste but in s15 everyone gemed fully strength in all sockets cause of necros and constant damage.I myself played haste but now i m mastery crit but both are good

6. In s14 alot of dks (top ones) went haste but in s15 everyone gemed fully strength in all sockets cause of necros and constant damage.I myself played haste but now i m mastery crit but both are good
    Y, i also saw that most of haste uh dks were at patch 5.4, in 5.4.8 its mainly mastery > crit > haste. All top rated uh dk in s15 used this build. I didnt say haste over mastery and crit is not viable but still...depends of your playstyle and your company. I still love thoose mastery, crit build for my soul reaper...its sweet when you see thoose abnormal crits :P Ofc, strength above all...

7. Uhmmm... I tried using mastery/crit, I didn't like it. It gave me a lot of resources issues, plus my burst damage went down significantly. Went back to haste/mastery, felt like a boss :D

8. After playing retail maining an UHDK from wotlk to wod, i can safely say that mastery doesnt feel like it helps, but it does. It fills in the gaps. While you wont see bigger numbers, you will always have runes up.

But because of the smaller necro strikes, i went back to mastery and crit. For raw damage+burst damage.

9. Yesterday i tried haste > mastery > crit build and its **** really haha :D I couldn stand it 10 min of my playing time. With that build i got 1 sec faster rune regeneration, some gargoyle attack speed and lost 7% crit and 2.5% mastery. Thats really huge. That 1 sec faster rune reg and some speed to 3 min cd gargoyle isnt better then ****ing 7% crit which makes your soul reaper a lot more effective and 100% kill target if crit. Also your other attacks crit often. And no, i dont have any rune issue in blood p. With right talents you re ok.

10. I play dk since wotlk as main, and i always test stats once in a while to see if they actually gained any improvements, and haste has been an issue on this server since the beginning of MOP, in cata was top stat after strenght, but in MOP has a considerable decrease in performance. Mastery here for dk's top it in pvp and pve(i play hybrid pvp/pve), tests has been positive so far all the times although i tried to stay skeptical at first as being used with haste, till i realized that mastery outperforms haste. According to my pvp experience it does a better job in 2v2 but also in 1v1, there is no use of haste when ure constantly cced and avoided, but with mastery ur pet does higher damage while ure being keept on distance, plus ur dots do more damage as well, at which point what's most important is how u manage ur healing while being kited or kite ur adversary. Haste should be more for pve or stable close encounter, which is too complicated on an xpack where wars damage and other classes cc's are a nightmare. Example being mages and locks endless cc's, or even rogues which can kill u in one or two consecutive sessions of combos, stuns and vanishes without even giving u the chance to react. I still hope dk's will get better in the future, because so far its ridiculous that none has reached top charts, its pure humiliation of a class, i simply won't accept this, and if this is the final verdict for us, then MOP is most certainly a lost cause for dk players.

11. I hate it when they stick to the Generic build copying the many. They are not brave enough to dig deeper on the DK class.

Why is there no DK up in top 100 ladder? Simple, because they stick to NOOB PRESENCE (Blood Presence). Yea you guys can tell every DK I said that. You only use Blood presence when YOU REALLY HAVE TO. Don't sit on it like a sitting duck. Of course you will not benefit from HASTE with that noob presence that is why DKs do not do enough pressure vs a healer comp. Against 2 dps yea it works but against a high rated healer comp? NEVER! Diseases alone won't kill a healer. Why do I say that?

Every skill locked to unholy spec is pointed towards HASTE.
    Improved Unholy Presence
    Unholy Frenzy
    Runic Corruption (Original rune management skill)

The more Haste you have the more you benefit from it. The more you can stack Necrotics.

Mastery is mostly useless in PvP. Why? Because in PvP where there are a lot of classes that can heal themselves, you would use a lot more Necrotics over Scourge Strike. So why would I go Mastery if I seldomly use Scourge Strike in PvP. Besides if you go full Mastery the difference is just 4k-5k more damage than Haste. But in the long run, Haste will prevail when it comes to long fights.

I see a lot of DKs sitting in blood presence, they stick to Blood Tap because they do not benefit from Haste with Blood Presence. I would understand if you use that spec with Mastery. But I will never understand why they go CRIT over everything. DKs base critical rating is low to begin with, we are not an Agility class. We are not Warriors either.

There are a lot of misleading info's about Death Knights and I just can't stand them anymore. Do not go full CRIT over everything. I do not see the point. It will just make you lose DPS.

This is Molten (Warmane), where everything about DKs are ALTERED.

There may be some scripters that hates the DK class that actually plays a ranged class or a mage. (Yes you heard it from me, the bugs in the Bugtracker are being scripted/fixed/coded by players from the server too) I am not surprised why DKs are severely nerfed on Warmane than on retail.

You gotta learn to adapt base on the server your in. Do not copy people from Retail. For god sakes.
    Edited: August 7, 2016

12. I play dk since wotlk as main, and i always test stats once in a while to see if they actually gained any improvements, and haste has been an issue on this server since the beginning of MOP, in cata was top stat after strenght, but in MOP has a considerable decrease in performance. Mastery here for dk's top it in pvp and pve(i play hybrid pvp/pve), tests has been positive so far all the times although i tried to stay skeptical at first as being used with haste, till i realized that mastery outperforms haste. According to my pvp experience it does a better job in 2v2 but also in 1v1, there is no use of haste when ure constantly cced and avoided, but with mastery ur pet does higher damage while ure being keept on distance, plus ur dots do more damage as well, at which point what's most important is how u manage ur healing while being kited or kite ur adversary. Haste should be more for pve or stable close encounter, which is too complicated on an xpack where wars damage and other classes cc's are a nightmare. Example being mages and locks endless cc's, or even rogues which can kill u in one or two consecutive sessions of combos, stuns and vanishes without even giving u the chance to react. I still hope dk's will get better in the future, because so far its ridiculous that none has reached top charts, its pure humiliation of a class, i simply won't accept this, and if this is the final verdict for us, then MOP is most certainly a lost cause for dk players.
    Good point sir...

13. @ilyanah - A lot of wrong thinking but as you said in some previous post: "it depends how you play". If you feel ok with haste build then go for it...its ok. But Vuly explain it good...that will only work if you re not main target. If they target you, and kite you a lot then haste over mastery and crit is noobest thing you can do. I can stand that some1 go haste over crit for some reasons but mastery is must 1st. And btw when you socket gems only thing you need to go is strenght. Thats main ****.
    "But I will never understand why they go CRIT over everything. DKs base critical rating is low to begin with, we are not an Agility class." I will explain you this. This is mainly for your soul reaper abbility. SR deal pure shadow damage and if you go mastery > crit build sometimes it done more then 180k crit which is instant kill. This is the most important thing in every arena. Btw crit effects all of your spells (gargoyle also) while haste only do sagnificent impact on gargoyle. 1.5 sec faster rune regeneration will not change anything in high arena rate, but mastery and soul reaper crit will. And maybe we have low base crit but with mastery > crit > haste (reforge) i am sitting at 25% crit without any buffs...with buffs 30%... :)

14. Exactly what Vuly and Arheolog said. Two more thing I'd like to add is that mastery increases necro absorbs aswell and the other is that, we can use unholy frenzy before goyle so it's cast time will reduce and the spell provides a good amount of haste for burst too.

BTW, DK is not that bad compared to blizz. There are still some problems with pet ai etc, but not that bad that ilyanah says...

15. @ANDIRAGO - nah, mastery doesnt increase necro absorb :P Strenght do that :) Not that bad, playable, but still no1 at top 100, on retail you had some 2.6k + uh dks (but i think at 3s).

First ... 23456 ... Last