1. How should I get started with PvP?

Hi guys,

I've been 80 for a little while on my Hunter (Arouna) and have done some dungeons to get up to a decent gearscore (at 4300 right now) and I'd like to try to get into PvP as well.
    I'm finding it difficult in BGs and general world PvP because of resilience rating, but the only way I can get resilience gear is via PvP... it seems like such a tough learning curve. In BGs I can't do any damage to my opponents because their resilience is so high, and they slaughter me crit after crit because I have no resilience. How am I supposed to get started?
    I wish there were battlegrounds for people like me without the PvP gear so I could get my foot in the door but right now I'm just relying on my team to carry me and it feels pretty ****ty. I'm just not enjoying it at all. I get picked on because I'm so squishy and it's just frustrating. I'm not even around the action most of the time to pick up any honor kills.
    I'd consider myself decent in PvP situations as far as knowing what to do, keeping my distance as a Hunter, knowing which spells to use etc but its been a massive gear check so far. Everyone seems to be fully kitted in their endgame PvP gear and I'd like to level the playing field a little.

Any tips? How should I get started?

Thanks.
    Edited: July 25, 2016

2. Weekly wintergrasp quests + weekly arena cap and keep playing BGs

3. Weekly wintergrasp quests + weekly arena cap and keep playing BGs
    Thanks for the reply. Could you explain a little further? What do the Wintergrasp quests entail and what are the rewards?
    Weekly arena cap - is that a cap on the number of arena matches you can play per week? I wouldn't be too good in the arena so I'm not sure if that would be a great idea. Maybe I'm wrong there.

4. Thanks for the reply. Could you explain a little further? What do the Wintergrasp quests entail and what are the rewards?
    Weekly arena cap - is that a cap on the number of arena matches you can play per week? I wouldn't be too good in the arena so I'm not sure if that would be a great idea. Maybe I'm wrong there.
    Around 3700 honor per quest + some kind of currency that can be converted to honor if your faction controls wintergrasp at a vendor and 100 gold.
    Make an arena team, play atleast 10 matches( the min amount of matches if you want to get points) no matter the outcome so you can get relentless gear faster. The reset is wednesday so play the arena matches today.

5. Like the previous poster states you should do the WG quests and arena every week.
    The WG quests reset every friday, so make sure that you've done them all before this time. There are 9 quests in total, unless I am forgetting one of them, and some need to be completed during the actual battle, while some need to be completed outside of the battle. They're all picked up in the zone itself.
    Arena points are distributed every wednesday to members of teams that have played at least 30% of the games in that team for that week, with a minimum of 10 games played. This means that if there are several people in the same team you need to make sure that you've played at least 30% of the games to be eligible for arena points, since the team will most likely have played more than 10 games in total.
    Apart from this you also have the daily BG. The first BG that you win each day gives you more honor as well as a small amount of arrna points.
    These things combined should help you gear up realtively fast.
    To improve your gameplay watch better players and learn from them. I suggest watching Homerjay's videos - he's a very good hunter playing on Blackrock server.

6. 4300 gs guy counts himself useless, meanwhile swarm of 2k gs mongols feel pretty great and do not care of anything.
    I have a teardrop irl.

7. Thank you so much guys, you've been extremely helpful. I'll start an arena team ASAP and look into those Wintergrasp quests :)
    With all these honor points, arena points and marks of [various places], where should I go for the best gear? Or is it best to get cheap starter gear first?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super new to all this stuff. I really appreciate your help.
    Thanks again!
    Edited: July 26, 2016

8. Thank you so much guys, you've been extremely helpful. I'll start an arena team ASAP and look into those Wintergrasp quests :)
    With all these honor points, arena points and marks of [various places], where should I go for the best gear? Or is it best to get cheap starter gear first?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just super new to all this stuff. I really appreciate your help.
    Thanks again!
    Make 5k achivements for 1.2 vote points per day, so u can buy new item within 24 days. Trinkets for example

9. I'm in the arduous process of gearing my warrior from furious gear -> wrathful at the moment.

At the Silver Enclave in Dalaran (the ally side), if Alliance control Vault of Archavon there will be a Wintergrasp portal (unless it is less than 30 min until the next battle).

While Alliance control VoA you can make raids for VoA and complete all of the Wintergrasp quests.

VoA is the fastest possible way to get PvP gear. Make sure you do both 25 and 10 man every week. 25 man drops wrathful and relentless gear, 10 drops relentless.

There are several quests outside WG that all yield decent amount of honor each (3k) plus stone keepers shards. 30 stone keepers shards can be traded at the wintergrasp quartermaster for a 2k honor token (bind to account).

The fastest way to get arena points is to have your team play 10 games a week with your character involved in at least 30% of the games played. Make a 2s or 3s team (3s gives more points but you will have longer queues) and just queue. Don't worry about win/loss ratio until you get wrathful gear. As you are in for a world of pain meanwhile.

You should also play 1 random battleground per day for the 25 arena points.

You should spend Emblems of Frost for Relentless Gear in the Silver Enclave, Dalaran (unless you are saving for PvE gear).

If possible only spend arena points on Wrathful as the amount of arena points you can obtain per week is severely limited by time.

You can spend honor on furious gear, but it's probably better to get Wrathful offpieces first.

10. ding 80, bam!! rbg qued cause gear<skill

11. If you were some other class I would say something different but what you gonna do is this. Raise a bit more PvE gear, make your talent and go full PvE and steal all the kills and stay hidden. Raise gear like this and after go arena when you got your PvP set. GG

12. I was about to ask the same question.. so thank you OP xD

I have a Shadow priest on ice crown , ( avadhya) http://armory.warmane.com/character/...ecrown/summary .

i currently sit at around 4.4 gs, and I have never done PvP , apart from occasion random ally jumping on me. who most of the times manage to kill me and if they suck at despelling and heal up, then die after 3-4 secs after they kill me due to my dots.. but yet.. It won't be false to say that i suck at pvp..

so again.. how do i build up a SP as a good PvP character.. where to start.. will wintergraps help me too ?
    or my daily FoS/PoS runs and rdf runs build my gear more ? ( and yes.. i am collecting those EoTs for any gear available at dalaran ).. but again.. what gear should i aim for ?
    or rather.. is SP is a good PvP char ? or should i go back to making a pala or build a new warrior or something ?