1. Multiboxing-system Requirements

Hello all.

first of id like to say how i admire all the hard work/time you guys put into MBX. I would like to give it a go too.

what i wanted to ask was if its possible to Mbx on a Laptop. my system is:

ASUS Republic of Gamers GL552VW
    Windows 10
    Intel® Core™ i5-6300HQ Processor
    Memory: 8 GB
    Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M
    Storage: 1 TB & 128 GB SSD

i would like to aim for just 10 character but wasnt sure what would be needed, if even possible on laptop.

thank you

2. Hello Arteri. Nothing is wrong with boxing on laptop and u have solid one (maybe only small screen). U can run 5 man without problems, but with 8gbram u will get kinda fps-y in WG and high populated areas. In PvE u should be fine with 10 man. I suggest u to use Isboxer. About hard work: be ready to spend more time on setiing things up and writing macros and testing ur settings on target dummy-s than real "playing" since u are begginer go with ranged class ofc and do 2 man and see how it works, after that start adding new slaves untill ur laptop can handle. Dont know on which server u are if u are but on Lord feel free to /w Bakalar (Horde ofc) for help. P.s start with this and spend some nights watcing it over and over (all episodes) https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=...QW09Av4yPDNXiU. It will bringu as he said from "Knowing nothing to knowing something". Have fun mboxing.

3. A laptop is never the best option for boxing becouse of complex cooling, laptop has a tendency to heat up fast.
    But considering ur specifications you should easely 5box, Not sure about 10box. but there is a way to roughly find out the amount.
    Do this, dowload isboxer, learn how to set things up, set to up 10chars. Create warme accounts/chars. Log with all 10(preferably into icecrown server) then check how your pc performs in a lagg free zone, and when its all good, move to main city, orgrimmar or sw(try to create orcs or humans, this is just for testing purposes), ask a mage to make teleport to dalaran. When your in dalaran, try walking arround, im sure it will get laggy for you, so just close one of chars and do this till u can easely controll them. If you cant log icecrown(high queue time or whatever else) try going into blackrock's duel zone, at peak times there are 50ppl ++, but the zone is lightyer there, so dalaran would fit more. Aither way monitoring your laptop performane in high populated zones should give you rough idea of what your laptop is capable off. I wouldnt recomend overloading it above 70% becouse in combat when like 40ppl starts casting channeling spells and poping cooldowns, it gets messy.xD

About my guess, i'd say your laptop should hold arround 7-8chars with ease, but its just a rough idea.

P.S are you sure ur cpu isnt i7 6700HQ?
    Edited: July 29, 2016

4. Thanks for both the replies and information. Its really helpful. I wasn't planning on hitting any BGs anytime soon, so that shouldn't effect me too much

I guess I should just start out with 5 to see how things work out. I could actually afford around £500 for a new deck too system, I guess I could get a pretty good setup with this amount to run 10.

Ps yes Its definitely i5 processor.

5. I just watched them videos, they are really good. It might sound a silly question but is it best to open all 5 wows from the same install or should they be seperate?
    Edited: July 29, 2016 Reason: Extra info

6. I just watched them videos, they are really good. It might sound a silly question but is it best to open all 5 wows from the same install or should they be seperate?
    It doesn't really matter, but its best to run main character from different wow with different settings than minimal to can enjoy your experience and use low settings for others

7. That's a really good idea, I could just have the other 4 on minimum setting, nice one didn't think if that.

I saw another post on here about isboxer for free is that true or any good, or should it be that paid one?

Thanks again