1. Is there any update on this? I'm getting tired of doing the same BG's over and over.
    Nope, but if you were among the lucky ones.

AV and Strands WERE breifly open for like less than 24 hours. People had to que for it specifically, we do not know if it was random or not, but you could que into both those maps at the time.

The problem was AV was barren, didn't have a timer or scoreboard, so you don't know who your fighting and or teaming up with if you check for this (probably an addon that does this tho). Fights were just endless and that is all you can do since most of the objectives have been disabled. Some people who got into the map were WOW'd by it, but got bored fast because the experienced turn into a hunt and kill kinda thing because nothing but pvp was being done there with no objective enabled.

Strands on the other hand was a bug fest, 40% of the time you get stuck and when this happens, people who got into the map left immediately. Sometimes you get stuck in place and or crash so people avoided that map. It had the same treatment with AV, no timer, no scoreboard, objectives/objects disabled, mindless pvp if you confront another player of the other faction.

After that day, these maps were disabled, and thus we get Silvershards mines, which was open with the other two, but was the last of the maps standing, in addition to the bugs it had on the first few phases.

-Side note-
    I was one of the ones who tried out Strands, some others with me mentioned how AV was.

2. Strand was working, with bugs, but it was working. the timer worked even if it wasnt displayed. other small bugs existed but nothing gamebreaking like crashes or getting stuck afai remember.
    AV was not working well enough. zero obj., only way to win was to kill opposing players until they had no reinforcements.
    Same for Isle of conquest. no obj, just spawn camp until they get no reinforcement. still fun...when you had 3 bgs only.
    battle for gilneas was also slightly bugged but playable. (now its fully fixed.)
    All these BGs are/were almost playable and I dont know why zero effort is put into fixing them.

3. Let me just put this here. This should answer it all..

4. Personally Id love to see old BG's such as Alterac Valley implemented but due to AV mechanics and large amount of AFK'ers inside battlegrounds I think it would be more harmful than beneficial to the community itself.

On the other hand, SOTA for example would be amazing since it has more more complicated tactics than just bringing flags or capturing points (No offence, I still love EOS, AB & WSG but they are starting to annoy me)

All in all, I would love to see some new Battlgrounds implemented (I mean old battlgrounds) to refresh PVP feeling, since as we know PVP is the main thing on Frostwolf at this point in time.

@Cthulhu theres no need for that. If you don't like how Warmane processes their stuff then go and complain to them, please dont flame threads that are actually going in some direction.

5. I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this it's honestly one of my biggest problems with the server as a pvp only player. I can understand that some people dont want to run some of the BGs such as strand of the ancients so that can be left until last (siege stuff is probably hard to script anyway). As long as the blacklist BG feature and being able to que for a specific BG gets fixed then people should have no problems. Premades are extremely annoying on warmane and I think that having some 40man BGs such as AV or isle of conquest could add some fun back into BGs for players. The majority of the games currently turn into one team going afk and the other gy camping.

6. This thread is old but yes, please, open all BGS, specially deepwind gorge.
    Edited: March 7, 2017

7. Frostwolf is becoming neltharion..

8. I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this it's honestly one of my biggest problems with the server as a pvp only player. I can understand that some people dont want to run some of the BGs such as strand of the ancients so that can be left until last (siege stuff is probably hard to script anyway). As long as the blacklist BG feature and being able to que for a specific BG gets fixed then people should have no problems. Premades are extremely annoying on warmane and I think that having some 40man BGs such as AV or isle of conquest could add some fun back into BGs for players. The majority of the games currently turn into one team going afk and the other gy camping.
    Agree.

PvE has been having some love for a while, why PvP can't have the same love, SPECIFICALLY BGs, even when many threads have been created talking about it?

Personally, since I already gear capped all my chars (which is ALL wow chars) and since BGs are my main entertainment, due to lack of new BGs, I guess that my play time will decrease over time... and I wonder: how many players have been in the same situation and even quit playing because of the same reason? (A friend of mine actually quit for that reason time ago).

This thread is old but yes, please, open all BGS, specially deepwind gorge.
    I was about to say the same about its old nature, but it's one thread of the many created already that I was talking about (and more will come for sure).
    Edited: March 7, 2017

9. According to Warmane the development priority is always PvE>PvP even though the PvP playerbase is bigger on Frostwolf.

Whole raids with complex boss encounters, mob paths, loots, etc, are getting fixed and in meanwhile BGs that were already half working after the moltdown remain locked for years.

I don't understand that development priority.
    I would say that fixing a BG requires less effort than a whole raid.
    In this case wouldn't it make sense to fix the easy stuff first?

10. nah the main problem is, u people wanting more stuff to feed your selfish needs while abusing glitching and bugging the server in any way possible along the way, thus if u actually care for things to be fixed and be updated , THEN REPORT THINGS TAKE IT AS SERIOUS AS U WANT THINGS TO BE PUT OUT

dont just come on forum and complain and want stuff , go report the bugs that glitch your character or things u abuse just to have that 10 seconds of fun for yourself at cost of everyones fun , and eventually your own like in this case, dont be a blind child that dont know how to help or get things done.

read , re-read, go do , re-read, go do, and repeat every time u get that selfish craving thats driving your corrupted minds.

11. ^ clap clap clap. troll award 2017.

According to Warmane the development priority is always PvE>PvP even though the PvP playerbase is bigger on Frostwolf.

Whole raids with complex boss encounters, mob paths, loots, etc, are getting fixed and in meanwhile BGs that were already half working after the moltdown remain locked for years.

I don't understand that development priority.
    I would say that fixing a BG requires less effort than a whole raid.
    In this case wouldn't it make sense to fix the easy stuff first?
    Hard to understand isn't it? Don't expect any valid answer or you will be disappointed.
    Edited: March 8, 2017

12. sorry but i love AV... 40 vs 40 bg with every tower down from the enemy defenses u get aditional honor, alot, even if u lose the bg u can get almost the same amounr of honor from win... but that thing of remove 2 bgs from the list should be Added, and the report player in game too, personaly makes me crash the client

13. The post can be old, but the situation is the same or even worst. The lack of pvp content is killing the server (which, in general, is composed of pvp players).

While it is true that AV can be a bit tedious, large-scale pvp bg-battles are a MUST. AV is a good option to stop 5 man stomp-premades. It could also generate rivalry between guilds. This bg fix should be a priority. Isle of Conquest or Strand of the Ancients may be harder to fix and not as fun.

BUT not fixing Deepwind Gorge is an ERROR. It is one of the most fun and complete bgs and we've been waiting for 2 years to fix it.

Not long time ago a GM was presented in the global chat and stated that soon we would see news about these bgs. (SOON). WHEN?
    Is it so difficult to fix a couple of bgs and give people an excuse to not to leave the server? Give them an excuse not to KILL Frostwolf? This is sad.

14. Some of their decisions don't make sense. Like nerfing the market hard when most of the old content is closed and will be closed for a good amount of time while they fix it. Or nerfing rates when not everything is working the way it should. The devs are doing a good job but these changes that are done by Warmane management are having a bad effect on Frostwolf.

Sorry for the negativity but I want Frostwolf to stay alive because mop is a really good expansion.

15. Some of their decisions don't make sense. Like nerfing the market hard when most of the old content is closed and will be closed for a good amount of time while they fix it. Or nerfing rates when not everything is working the way it should. The devs are doing a good job but these changes that are done by Warmane management are having a bad effect on Frostwolf.

Sorry for the negativity but I want Frostwolf to stay alive because mop is a really good expansion.
    Apparently they make their own decisions, no question. This contradicts what Kear Wolf said in his videos before they were removed. He wanted warmane staff and the community to work together; see if they could agree on something or disagree, what is best for the community, sadly, everything is being done pre-molten route whereas we have no say or answers to our questions.

So whether they want to add said battalegrounds, it is up to them and their decision alone, us as a community have no say in this, and these bgs will remain closed as time goes, as some of us go and new people come, etc. AKA what the other guy said, "becoming like neltharion."

First 1234 ... Last