1. Make Lordaeron great again

Dear warmane staff, dear warmane players,

Lordaeron is still really fine today, but the population is continuously decreasing, it's a fact and its scary for the future of the realm.

Here is some suggestions to make it more attractive:

1) Promote 3s

HOW:
    This is how you promote 3s bracket.
    Lower the requirement for shoulders to 1800 rating
    Do not give gladiator title in 2s and only in 3s and give it to rank 2-5 instead.
    Remove the 2s titles every season and make permament titles only obtainable from 3s.
    Add a tournament at the end, nothing big but just something to gather the community. Doesn't have to be cash but perhaps 23 coins each player in the winning team.
    Increase the arena points gatherd from 3s even more than it is now, which will motivate people do to 10 games in the 3s bracket more often.
    Give challenger title in 3s to the lower rated teams so they feel they have obtained something.
    PROS: Lordaeron would be dope if 3s was really active and it would attract a ton of decent PvPers. Also, these changes are, I think, really simple to implement in the game.
    CONS: Not blizzlike requirements, and 2s will be way less rewarding title wise.

2) Debuff old content for new players

PROS: It will be easier for new players to find their place in the current pve scene (ulduar).
    CONS: Less challenging, less hardcore. But hey, we are talking about something that was fully cleared months ago.

3) More communication, more changelogs when you do wild hotfixes

PROS: Make the PvE competition possible for everyone.
    CONS: More work for your team.

4) Bring HK titles back

PROS: Motivate people to queue for battlegrounds to farm their shiny titles = active pvp. Not gamebreaking, not harmful lorewise.
    CONS: Not blizzlike. But this was a feature here on molten/warmane for years.

5) Make heirlooms available for people who already have a lvl 80

PROS: People who don't like to play the same char 24/7 will be able to roll alts in an easier way. Also, instead of rushing their own char in low level dungeons with their 80 using a double account trick, they will have to make it on the same account to use heirlooms. Finally, this a blizzlike feature.
    CONS: Less hardcore.

6) Promote World PvP

HOW: Change the loot of the chest inside Gurubashi arena. Place a certain amount of gold in it (let's say 1000g for the example) and you will see a battle without any precedent in this arena.
    You can also randomly spawn an equivalent chest in some zones so the people rush there and make the world pvp active. (Hillsbrad foothills for example)

PROS: Active world pvp.
    CONS: Not blizzlike at all, and generate free gold in the game.

7) Generate system message when a battleground is opening, just like on blackrock

PROS: Motivate people to join battlegrounds. It's already existing on blackrock so I guess it's doable.
    CONS: 404

8) Implement Rated Battlegrounds

PROS: Make PvP scene way more active and competitive in battlegrounds.
    CONS: Not blizzlike at all, and I guess it requires a lot of work for the dev team.

2. I like the idea about promoting 3v3s, debuff older content and number 3 or 4 :)

Would like to see heirlooms ingame to later on. Not sure if it is too early to bring it. But as you said, only for those who have a level 80 or some how worked for it :p Don't make it too easy to get.

Also promoting world pvp may be dangerouse (not sure how it is written sry for that)... some people are just for the pve and that migth cause some people to leave again. Atleast make it in the zones that are already heavly pvp based like STV, so people can choose to stay away. - But I would like more wpvp :)

Rated bgs, may requier too much, not sure :o

About nerfing raids, have the newer the raids is, the more buffed :) But naxx now is really fine in my opinion

All in all - great ideas! :)

Maybe it is ment to be hardcore, be it is also ment to stay alive :) I love the server and dont want to see it die :/
    Edited: July 30, 2016

3. Can't agree more, this server is gettin borring ... Dont let him die.

BUMP !

4. no heirlooms plz, they kill world pvp

5. Increase the arena points gatherd from 3s even more than it is now, which will motivate people do to 10 games in the 3s bracket more often.
    This is why I feel you shouldn't quote someone else and use it as your own thought (because just about everything else is good). Increasing arena point awards would only mean people would get their gear faster, and would sooner have no reason to bother farming the currency. It may motivate people to do more initially, but it would be only a negative effect in the long term.

6. This is why I feel you shouldn't quote someone else and use it as your own thought (because just about everything else is good). Increasing arena point awards would only mean people would get their gear faster, and would sooner have no reason to bother farming the currency. It may motivate people to do more initially, but it would be only a negative effect in the long term.
    Much rather make it give more than 2v2 (not pvp player myself) so that it would be faster than 2v2 grinding while not being way faster than intended

7. On the Topic of PvP, how much work would it be to switch from current Alterac Valley system with the 600 resources back to the old system where it really was a hours long battle? Those things were fun as hell.

8. Rated BGs would be impossible to code in WOTLK, since it is Cata + feature. It would require a custom client with a custom UI for it. 0% chance.

9. I can't speak to PvP. On Lordaeron global people say it's lolmourne and augmenting
    their gear on the marketplace that draw people away.

For PvE it's ease of getting to end game content to join the fun.
    I'm pretty sure only leveling is fast.

For people with little time, Icecrown seems like the winner.

And finally over the years, some wow players have come to hate being the last
    ones to leave a sinking ship. It's so miserable to have friends and ppl vanish that
    they decide to ride the wave, not cross country ski for personal health.

10. Lordaeron was, is and will be the server for poor donation haters and 40 years old solo guys full of nostalgia.
    Every mature player who has work and family will roll Icecrown, donate gear and start pvp instead of wasting his lyfe inside overbuffed 10 years old content in attempts to get loot.
    Thats why Icecrown has x3 population sometimes.

I hope this sentence does not hurt any Lordaeron dweller's sensitive feelings.

Trump approves!
    Main Trump's phrase is "Don't waste my time".
    So Trump can not approve Lordaeron.
    (:
    Edited: July 31, 2016

11. Lordaeron was, is and will be the server for poor donation haters and 40 years old solo guys full of nostalgia.
    Every mature player who has work and family will roll Icecrown, donate gear and start pvp instead of wasting his lyfe inside overbuffed 10 years old content in attempts to get loot.
    Thats why Icecrown has x3 population sometimes.

I hope this sentence does not hurt any Lordaeron dweller's sensitive feelings.

Main Trump's phrase is "don't waste my time".
    So Trump can not approve Lordaeron.
    (:
    I doubt anyone will feel hurt by your low level trolling skills. Please man up and bring constructive answers to this topic and this forum in general.

But you're right, some people prefer Icecrown, and nothing can change this. Still, we need to care about Lordaeron because a lot of people are enjoying this realm and don't want to see it slowly die.

There is a reason for Warmane to have 2 differents realms. No one wants either Icecrown or Lordaeron to die because they provide different gaming experience for different players. If you don't like Lordaeron that's your problem mate, keep enjoying Icecrown and let us be.

12. Do you know what could get many people on Lordaeron? Enabling the Dungeon Finder :)

13. I doubt anyone will feel hurt by your low level trolling skills. Please man up and bring constructive answers to this topic and this forum in general.
    Constructive logic has been provided million times ago.
    - Waste of time x1 yet again leveling in 10 years old game.
    - Waste of time global chat LFG spamming without RDF
    - Waste of time tryharding around overbuffed outdated content.

These 3 are enough for server to lose majority of players, and current population ratio approves that.
    All these suggestions are custom features and will never be implemented on Lordaeron unless Warmane changes the whole idea of current Blizzlike x1 realm.

PROS: Lordaeron would be dope if 3s was really active and it would attract a ton of decent PvPers.
    Decent pvpers do not really like wasting half of their lyfes inside instances.
    Are you aware most classes in need of pve items wich means pve is mandatory for almost every pvp player on a server without donation ?
    Edited: July 31, 2016

123 Last