1. Right now Icecrown is better. It's simply more active in almost all aspects (except low lvl world PvP perhaps). And somehow there are lots of people who can't/don't want to see it this way, but in fact, population is one of the biggest factors to determine which server is better. Reality is, Icecrown came out and Lordaeron had never had queues since, and Icecrown always had it everyday and for several hours.
    Also, lots of people prefer x1 rates but still playing on Icecrown. Why? Most of them do have irl jobs, family, responsabilities, you know, those really can't keep it up on Lordaeron unless they won't mind questing for 1 year. No lifers will have absolutely no troubles playing there if they prefer to do so

kek, this weeaboo is so salty haha.
    Btw, i dont want to play in a p2w realm.

2. Im quite interested in this thread but you saying Icecrow is better, while x7 XP seems quite awfully alot to me (im fine with x2 though) even if I havent much time to play the game. You wont stay long in any farming zone, most quest dont even need to be completed, you will miss most of what is the World of Warcraft.

But well, thats my opinion and I think you cant say if any server is better than another. This post should be locked or someone should just recaps the Pros and Cons of each server and let the OP judge by himself :p
    Seems like you are kind of mixing two terms here - Server quality and Personal preferences

Server quality's factors, 1. Population, need to say much? For example, how active PvP is (bgs, world PvP, arenas) / Pve raids (how hard is to get in a raid grp/guilds) / leveling and questing dificulties, etc, 2. Stability, how frequent both servers have lag spikes and disconnects, 3. Scripting/Bugs (as I've heard, lots of Lordaeron bosses are overpowered, even though I might find it exaggerated, oh well), 4. Community (nice people, rude people etc)

Personal preferences - All costums features you see around which you won't or didn't find in retail, such as, yes, high level/gold/drop/reputation/profession rates, or RDF enabled/disabled (I prefer disabled, as there's more world PvP involved), donations, yeah, some people don't like it at all, etc you get the point

So, as I was talking about qualities, lets see

Population - Icecrown wins by x2
    Stability - As I have played both realms, I always noticed some lag spikes and ofc few DCs, some more on this day, no dcs at all in the next day, anyway, I'd give it a tie, but since Icecrown is always full, probably it has more lags than Lordaeron, but anyhow, as for me, still good performance
    Scripts/bugs - I believe both realms are suffering from quite some annyoing bugs, considering the number of topics on the bug tracker. It's impossible to see which realms is the worst in this case so lets give a tie
    Community - I have 3 80 chars in Lordaeron, more than half of the players doing the same quests as me refused to team up and came with insults. But that's me, guess I'm unlucky when it comes to players in front of my damn nose.

I know that this isn't the case, but lemme ask you anyway, which is better, a server totally blizzlike with low population with lots of lags and dcs or a server full with tons of costum features and a great performance? It's no biggie really, it's just to show that you can't talk about rates when you are discussing about quality as you just did, so yeah it is pretty much possible to determine which server is better. About these two, both are close to each other, I guess, except on population. 12000 can agree, 6000 can not, dunno, whatever

Lastly, I'm afraid the OP won't get too many clues on the forums. In my PoV, it's better to try a little bit of both and check by himself. Lucky me, I dislike x1 rates so my choice is easy. I played on Lordaeron because before the merge, it was indisputably the best server at the time. Now, not that much ;)

kek, this weeaboo is so salty haha.
    Btw, i dont want to play in a p2w realm.
    Sure, I understand you don't enjoy p2w, that's your choice, but you don't need to insult me, as I haven't done anything agaisnt you, mister. Also, if you don't mind, I'd like you to tell me where I did sound salty please, I'm curious now

3. Btw, i dont want to play in a p2w realm.
    ayyy another poor kid with hatred towards donators
    1) google what does p2w term mean
    2) be happy there are people who help Warmane to sustain their services... with only poor kids around there won't be such a good private server

4. I am playing in the United States and I want to play on Lordaeron. I play both pve and pvp but I pvp more often. Is the pvp completely dead? Are Bgs and wintergrasp active? Does the pvp community actually feel like a competitive and active pvp community?

I dont want to level to 80 just to quit because the pvp community is just absolutely dead. I am not fond of rolling a character on Icecrown because of increased rates and pay to win, but if Lordaeron pvp is really in that bad of shape then I need to know so I can just play on Icecrown.

Thank you and leave a reply!
    Hi! There are lots of diffrent opinions about the two servers, so I will atleast drop mine here - and I play on both Icecrown and Lordaeron.

I can tell that Lordaeron fits me the best, because of the 1x rate that the server has. Even tho I can tell that the pvp community is far from dead - and this is said by an active pvper.
    I play pvp on Lordaeron almost everyday - you can easly queue a rbg and get a bg in good time. (I am not sure about the US times tho, I play on EU time).

Wintergrasp is also active, everytime it is, people just like before when the server had 12k, spam the global chat to bring as many people as possible.

3v3 and 5v5 arena is not very active, but after what I have seen warmane are working on bringing 3v3 arena to a more active part of the server.

Not sure if you want to pve, but I can give you short information about that too. I am a casual player, I play everything from nothing on a day to 4 hours a day. And even tho there are days where I do not play at all, I have had no problem doing raids - even pugging raids on lordaeron. Last week I joined a pugging raid naxx 25 man, and we had no problem clearing most of it, before people starting leaving because it was getting late for EU-players (most of the raid was eu-time). OS, VOA and some of Ulduar is also pug-able. There has been some nerfs and people are getting better gear, so content is getting a lot easier. What I want to say, the raids are not as difficult as people want/say they are. The raids was, but now are now very fun to play. The raids are not too easy, but not to difficult too.

I know there are a lot of people saying that the server is dead. But think again. is 7-8k at peak times dead server? A year ago the most populated servers did not even reach 6k....

5. So what's the difference between Lordaeron and Icecrown? I've been inactive for a while now and while I played Loarderon was the most active, why did it fall behind Icecrown so much now?

6. So what's the difference between Lordaeron and Icecrown? I've been inactive for a while now and while I played Loarderon was the most active, why did it fall behind Icecrown so much now?
    Icecrown is a 7x leveling rate (5 x for everything else) - people can vote and donate with a lower price and more items. On Icecrown every Wotlk instance is also released including RDF.

Lordaeron is a 1 x rate server that is currently on Ulduar, I guess TOC will be released (soon?) - you can't get items trough voting on Lordaeron, you can get some items by donating. The donation shop on Lordaeron got a higher price, and you can't get as many items on Lordaeron as you can on Icecrown. RDF is disabled on Lordaeron. The bosses on Lordaeron is also a bit buffed to make the server more hardcore and difficult.

The reason why it has fallen behind is maybe:

-People don't like to use time to level.
    -No RDF
    -Buffed raids
    -More content on Icecrown then Lordaeron

I guess the hype will come back on Lordaeron when TOC releases, just when Ulduar released.

7. Icecrown is a 7x leveling rate (5 x for everything else) - people can vote and donate with a lower price and more items. On Icecrown every Wotlk instance is also released including RDF.

Lordaeron is a 1 x rate server that is currently on Ulduar, I guess TOC will be released (soon?) - you can't get items trough voting on Lordaeron, you can get some items by donating. The donation shop on Lordaeron got a higher price, and you can't get as many items on Lordaeron as you can on Icecrown. RDF is disabled on Lordaeron. The bosses on Lordaeron is also a bit buffed to make the server more hardcore and difficult.

The reason why it has fallen behind is maybe:

-People don't like to use time to level.
    -No RDF
    -Buffed raids
    -More content on Icecrown then Lordaeron

I guess the hype will come back on Lordaeron when TOC releases, just when Ulduar released.
    Oh I see, thanks. Didn't know Icecrown was 7x and had RDF working, no wonder people switched to it.

I leveled on Loarderon and it was really nice, just got a little shocked when I saw almost half the server gone. Guess now I'll give Icecrown a shot as well, thanks again.

8. Guess now I'll give Icecrown a shot as well, thanks again.
    Be ready to face long queues if you're logging in the afternoon. It's not as intense as some weeks ago anyway, but if you donate 10 euros, you will be able to skip the queue permanently

9. Icecrown vs Lordaeron again

Icecrown has a population so high its capacity cant even handle it. Alot of people can either not play at all or play on Lordaeron.

I just came back and saw all this and to be honest it kind of turns me away from this server. I would imagine that I am not the only one who feels this way though. You got people like me who randomly come back, you got people who sit in a que for hours on end, you have a server that cant even contain everyone, and a server that doesnt meet up to its full capacity.

Enabling RDF needs to happen on lordaeron. Lordaeron is the highlight of all the servers in terms of most blizzlike but you have taken away a huge addition to the game itself. This not only heavily takes away from the blizzlike feel but it also pushs people away.

You got a good base of players wanting to play. For the sake of the server and your playerbase, this needs to happen.
    This would help balance out the server population between Icecrown and Lordaeron. It would also give you more players online, which is the ultimate goal right?

Let me know what yal got to say on the subject.
    Edited: August 7, 2016

10. I agree partially on the dungeon finder, but also I like questing and manually finding groups (although it can be difficult finding appropriate groups). I think they should rather encourage the use of raid browser instead. The dungeon finder can be awesome if it's enabled as well, but rather for a later time.

Queues has always been a part of wow and I don't think it should be that big of an issue to you and it certainly won't chase players away that are already playing here. And then again Warmane isn't exactly bread lining for more players either. That will just make the queue longer if you think about it.
    I'm playing on Lordaeron and to be honest, I've been in love with everything these guys have put into the server.

I've been loving the friendliness of the players I find myself playing among as well thanks guys, you are great.

And the conclude, the ultimate goal isn't getting more players online, but rather building a stronger community instead.
    Which means taking the players you already have and improving them in terms of playing on this awesome blizzlike server.

11. Would love to see Lordaerons population get back to 10-12 k again as it once was :,) It is really sad to see how much it has dropped, but I still love it there.

I will play as long as it is possible with a ok population. Enabling RDF won't be a problem for me, and it won't be a problem if they don't.

Maybe limit the use of RDF for example:

-Have it like a "call to arms" - RDF will only be enabled on the weekends?
    -Only when leveling?
    -Only for level 80?
    -Only HC dungeons work on RDF?
    -Only normal dungeons work on RDF?

etc....

So I hope they do what brings most people :)
    Edited: August 7, 2016

First 123