1. New to world of warcraft.

Hello everybody. I have just finished playing all 3 warcraft games and desided to try world of warcraft. Now when I'm looking at these servers I can see that warmane can offer 3 expansions: wrath of the lich king, cataclysm and mists of pandaria. So my first question is wich expansion and server( becouse different server gives different xp rates) should join to get best gaming experience as new player. Now about classes. wich class I should be as a new player? I think that warlocks look really awsome. Is this a good choise as a new player? By the way I want to be a ranged damage dealer. Also I'm looking for something not too easy or not to hard to master. Thanks in advance :-)
    Edited: July 31, 2016

2. Hello, welcome! I hope you found your way around well so far! For expansions, I would recommend trying them all honestly if you have the time. Wrath of the Lich King was arguably one of the more popular expansions, and the large population always on Icecrown speaks to that. Warlocks are an excellent starter class - you're given several pets to buff up your abilities, as well as to tank damage/provide utility against enemies. You have incredible damage you are easily able to spread out as well as longevity if you choose Affliction, a very powerful Felguard pet and shapeshifting abilities as Demonology, or one-shot potential and incredible amounts of control as Destruction. Warlocks can be very difficult in regards to managing portal locations, knowing enemy cooldowns and abilities to break Fear/Seduce, and ensuring you aren't being tunneled to death all the time. On the flip side, even if you decide not to dedicate a ton of time to them, you can likely find a slew of macros to make managing pets a lot easier (although far less efficient) and learn a set rotation and do just fine in most aspects of the game. For Ranged DPS, a Beast Mastery Hunter is incredibly easy to level and learn the game with, in my opinion - you can generally quest/level forever until you run out of ammo as your pet will tank nearly everything and deal a large portion of your damage.

I hope you're enjoying your time here - feel free to message me in-game or on here if you need any help on the Horde side of Icecrown. There's a ton of things to do in the game and even on a 7x server I'm sure you'll find plenty of places to explore and players to meet on the way to level 80 and beyond. There are quite a few vanity items and odd-ball quests for fun that will keep you busy and running around Azeroth for random knickknacks if you're into those things. The Warmane Staff has done a hell of a job revamping some of these quests to work again - the Quel'Delar quest actually has you go into the Sunwell now!

3. Thanks for your awser. I think I'm gonna be warlock for sure and on horde side as well. Also I did some research and find out something about old content. So my question is if I pick warlock can I do so called old contet? If not wich class I should be?

4. Thanks for your awser. I think I'm gonna be warlock for sure and on horde side as well. Also I did some research and find out something about old content. So my question is if I pick warlock can I do so called old contet? If not wich class I should be?
    Old content for WOTLK means everything below level 71 it doesnt have anything to do with the character you choose but with the time it was released, dont expect to make a perfect choice of your character from the first try, there is a big chance once you start understanding the game a bit more to make a new char, there is no bad character in this game everyone has pros and cons which are more or less all competitive
    Edited: August 1, 2016

5. Well I konw that but anyway I will give warlock a try. And also if anyone would like to help me in-game with some general info, starting items or gold fell free to do it. My name is Monkeynut and I‘m playing in Icecrown on horde side:-) See ya there

6. Hello everybody. I have just finished playing all 3 warcraft games and desided to try world of warcraft. Now when I'm looking at these servers I can see that warmane can offer 3 expansions: wrath of the lich king, cataclysm and mists of pandaria. So my first question is wich expansion and server( becouse different server gives different xp rates) should join to get best gaming experience as new player. Now about classes. wich class I should be as a new player? I think that warlocks look really awsome. Is this a good choise as a new player? By the way I want to be a ranged damage dealer. Also I'm looking for something not too easy or not to hard to master. Thanks in advance :-)
    A. Start with Lordaeron. x1 xp is great for now players and gives them a great chance to learn the world around them and their class of choice.

B. No hurry in picking a class my friend, experiment and see what works for you. I might suggest playing a priest, but maybe you're just not a priest, so you can't really rely on other peoples words and suggestions. This is just one of those "figure it out for yourself" type of things.

**Nothing is to easy or to hard to master. After a while all classes kind of feel the same in their own way.

C. Take up some gathering professions (Herb, Minning, Skinning) and go out and pick some flours or mine some ore as you level. Sell everything you gather on the AH and make that gold as you level. You're new, so don't get in to much of a hurry. If you manage your income well enough and not try to rush through the levels you should be able to buy all your Riding Training on time and never have to worry about being broke.

D. Class training. You don't have to buy all spells for your class. If you, let's say a Shadow Priest. If you're a shadow Priest you don't have to worry about buying all your shadow spells right away. Stick with your Damage dealing spells, a flash heal, and your bubble. Everything else that isn't direct shadow related can be whatever. Go back and learn it late if you want.

Anyways, hope this helps and is easy to read and i dug this up for you. Hope it helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlSCWAxkfZA

7. Warlocks are a nice class both for new and old players.

But dont forget about Priests. Just a sugestion. I know you wanted to be ranged damage dealer.. warlocks are a nice choise and have 3 speccs to go for that.
    But shadow priests are nice damage dealers to. You will just have one spec for damage but you do have the opurtonity to specc for healing if you would get bored of being ranged dps or just wanna try something new. As a pure dps class as a warlock you can do one thing and one thing only no matter what specc you go.

And for proffesions i say either 2 gathering, like skining, mining, herbalism. or you go one of them and pick up tailoring as second one if you are cloth user like warlock, priest or mage. Then you can make some gear while you are leveling and you will be able to make bags.

8. Thank's for all advices it's been really helpful. I think first I'm going to try warlock and after that something else cuz you level really fast here :D